Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Tomohiro Ishii, New Japan Cup 1st Round, 03/12

Seconded. Holy poo poo what a match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC

CENTELLA ROJA E HIJO DE CENTELLA ROJA
vs
EL PERVERSO Y SOMBRA DIABOLIKA

3/27 CMLL Arena Puebla

Seconding. Who boy, that was bad in a way that almost has to be seen to be believed. However, at least one match on this show is worth watching:

HM: Princess Sugehit vs Zeuxis, 3/27 CMLL Arena Puebla

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

HM: La Mascara vs Volador Jr 4/28/17 CMLL Good match and very touching post match.

2nd'ing this.

Venomous posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Ricochet, NJPW Wrestling Toyonokuni 2017, 04/29

Honestly thought this was better than Kushida/Hiromu at WK11. gdi they pulled out all the stops for this match. Ricochet was at the top of his game here, and Hiromu looked strong as heck defending his title. Can't wait for BOSJ now.

(also, had no idea there was an NJPW show this morning, so it was nice to wake up to this match.)

I'm only feeling an HM out of this myself, but it was a pretty great match, and seeing Ricochet managing to counter out of Hiromu's moves was pretty entertaining. From the same show:

HM: Juice Robinson vs. Tetsuya Naito, NJPW Wrestling Toyonokuni 2017, 04/29

A pretty alright if unspectacular first half gave way to a MOTYC second half after they started brawling on the outside for the second time. Also features great selling on Juice's part.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

HM: Kushida/Juice vs Hiromu/Naito, 05/03, Dontaku

This match was so fun and I can see myself rewatching it a bunch of times. Just loving wild from bell to bell.

Nthing this match along with Omega/Ishii II. I'd need a rewatch for Okada/Fale; the match just wasn't holding my interest after watching the rest of the show without breaks. But yeah, if you skipped this tag, you're kinda silly for doing so, considering the talent involved.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

From Dragon Gate Dead or Alive 2017, 5/5.

Every match on this show was real loving good and had something that was real fun. Best top to bottom show I've seen this year.

HM: Open the Twin Gate Championship - CK-1 (Dragon Kid and CIMA) vs. Verserk (El Lindaman and T-Hawk)

Just a good old-fashioned heels cheating and beating up faces match. Lindaman and T-Hawk are a really good team and they reversed and avoided a bunch of CK-1's moves and spots like they had actually seen a match of theirs before. Really good.

MOTYC: Open the Brave Gate Championship - Jimmy Kagetora vs. Takehiro Yamamura

Best Brave Gate match in a long time. No gently caress finish, didn't feel rushed, every near fall was bought into. Stellar match that achieves in half the time what most wrestlers struggle to do in a 30 minute epic. Yamamura has been having a killer loving year.

MOTY: Open the Dream Gate Dead or Alive Mask vs. Hair 5 Way Steel Cage Match: YAMATO vs. Naruki Doi vs. BxB Hulk vs. Shingo Takagi vs. Cyber Kong

Jeezus. I don't know if it's possible for a wrestling match to be perfect, but I imagine it'd look like this. This match had loving everything. Stable warfare, wacky shenanigans, excellent wrestling, great storytelling, and high drama. Doubt there'll be a match this good the rest of the year.

Seconding the nominations for the Twin and Brave Gate defenses, but I'm only going to go HM for the cage match. More than a few of the spots there have been in the match before in years past, with the big Verserk run-in in particular playing out very similarly to last year's match. Still worth a watch though, if only to see Cyber Kong attempt to climb a cage.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Probably because the lucha cage matches aren't a glorious 5-way clusterfuck that involve grabbing flags to qualify for the title, and copious amounts of outside interference.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

2nd the MaxiMum/Jimmyz match. Best stuff I've seen out of DG this year. Rest of the show was really solid, too.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

From Dragon Gate's Kobe World - 7/23

HM - Open the Brave Gate Championship: Jimmy KAGETORA vs. Flamita

HM - Open the Triangle Gate #1 Contender Tournament Finals: Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito vs. Kotoka, Big R Shimizu, Ben-K

HM - Open the Twin Gate Championship: CK-1 (CIMA & Dragon Kid) vs. Speed Muscle (Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi)

MOTYC - Open the Dream Gate Championship: YAMATO vs. T-Hawk
WTF I love singles T-Hawk now?

HM noms for all 4. Really fun show, and the main event gripped me in a way that the rest of YAMATO's defenses haven't been able to, which is surprising, considering how down most long time DG fans were on this match.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Boco_T posted:

MOTYC: Skyman vs. Saturno - 3/3 - Campeonato Supremo Muchas Luchas - Cara Lucha, Arena San Juan

Holy poo poo, seconded. If you are a fan of gnarly bumps, this has them in spades. Just a hot match from bell to bell.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

hm young bucks vs taguchi/ricochet g1 final 8/13

brilliantly constructed match!!! ricochet is somehow underrated just great grit from the kid!!!!! reminiscent of that great young bucks/rpg vice match from what was it invasion attack last year??

2nd. Real good selling by Ricochet; the duel sharpshooter spot was intense.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I suspect a lot of people were asleep during All Japan's Sumo Hall show yesterday, and I'm here to tell you that this was a mistake, and sleep is for the weak.

MOTYC: KAI and Nagoya Nomura vs. Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi
MOTYC: Shuji Ishikawa (c) vs. Kento Miyahara

Both from 2017 SUMMER EXPLOSION: AJPW 45th Anniversary Show, 08/27

The latter match is pretty loving close to touching the high water mark of the Okada/Omega series (with only a couple of iffy sells keeping me from going all the way and saying it's on the same level, if not higher), and should be an absolute must-watch if you only watch one match from the show. KAImura/Strong BJ was also one of the better tag matches I've seen this year, with an insanely hot closing stretch.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

HM:

ESPECTACULAR TORNEO CIBERNÉTICO
MÉXICO vs RESTO DEL MUNDO
VOLADOR JR., ÚLTIMO GUERRERO, EL VALIENTE, EUFORIA, RUSH Y DIAMANTE AZUL
vs
MATT TAVEN, SAM ADONIS, MARCO CORLEONE, MICHAEL ELGIN, JOHNNY IDOL Y JUICE ROBINSON

CMLL 8/29 Arena Puebla

Mike Elgin was out of this world, plus great stuff from Rush, Juice and Volador.

I'll 2nd this. Fun stuff if you have the time for it, and a good way to get hype for CMLL's Grand Prix this Friday.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Princess Sugehit vs Zeuxis, great heat, rare great usage of the 2/3 falls rules to add tension to nearfalls in the third fall.

3rd, though I think the third fall dragged on a bit. That said, the drama of the mask stip carried the match through, along with how none of the two's spots could put each other away until Zeuxis pulled the Spanish Fly from out of nowhere.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Niebla Roja vs Gran Guerrero, CMLL Anniversario 84 Great heat, some really cool spots and good nearfalls.

2nd. Didn't quite have the drama of the other mask match on the show, probably because of the build, but a really solid and fun match that's worth checking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Boco_T posted:

Honorable Mention (2018): Sam Adonis vs. Negro Casas (Hair vs Hair) - CMLL Sin Piedad 1/1

3rd

• Locked thread