Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs Kenny Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - Dominion 6/11

Even if it wasn't the ending I wanted, what an incredible loving match and it did NOT feel like the match was as long as it was. I mean that in a good way. The best way.

nth. best match I have ever seen, and that includes January 4th. Holy loving poo poo that was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Senerio posted:

HM: Zoya the Destroya vs Liberty Belle for the GLOW Crown, GLOW, taped 1986, first aired 6/23/2017

2nd, incredible finish and both of them came out looking really strong. Really looking forward to the Welfare Queen feud now.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jun 26, 2017

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

HM: Asuka vs. Nikki Cross (Last Woman Standing match for the NXT Women's Championship), NXT, 06/28

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

HM: Iron Man Match - Hardy Boyz vs. Sheamus and Cesaro, WWE Great Balls of Fire 7/9

Normally I'd agree, but holy poo poo that three-count botch there spoiled it. That should've been 4-4 sudden death.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

HM: Samoa Joe vs. Brock Lesnar, WWE Great Balls of Fire, 7/9

e: gently caress it, HM: Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman, WWE Great Balls of Fire, 7/9

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

gently caress off

anyway, nthing MOTYC for Elgin/Omega and HM for Okada/Kojima

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah, knowing Kenny it was probably intentional.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

HM: Chad Gable vs. Rusev, WWE Smackdown Live, 1/8
HM: John Cena vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, WWE Smackdown Live, 1/8

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

extradite THIS! posted:

Seeing as this is the Match Recommendation Thread, my personal favorite match of last year and probably the single best match I've ever witnessed with my own eyes was finally uploaded to YouTube (they wanted to make a DVD of the event but I guess that's not happening) and I just REALLY want to recommend people watch it if you have the time:

Valentine (c) vs King Kong Karhula, Talvisota X, 2016

https://youtu.be/Lzqmnz7tYo8

This was a drat good match. I do like powerhouse vs. technical dude matches, and they were both super good at their roles. (Also, more folks need to use Genesis by Justice as an entrance theme.)

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Asuka (C) vs Ember Moon for the NXT Women's Title at NXT TakeOver Brooklyn III

The callbacks to prior matches, the false finishes, the selling. This was a hell of a match.

nthed, amazing match but gdi this was the same year as Cena/Styles III, Roman/KO II, Nakamura/Roode II, Bate/Dunne II and the AoP/DIY/Revival triple threat, to name a few, so this was not on the same level

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

HM: AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens, WWE Summerslam, 8/20/17

nth, finally a great match from them

also, idk if this is out on VoD yet, but I was there so HM: Dalton Castle and the Boys vs. The Young Bucks and Hangman Page, ROH War of the Worlds UK Tour Day 3, 8/20

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So Discovery Wrestling just put up their show from April with the main event of The Elite vs. BT Gunn, Joe Coffey and Lewis Girvan up on YouTube. You can see it here, and I highly recommend it since it was easily the best wrestling show I've ever been to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-AKjv5_OE In particular, I'd like to highlight a couple of amazing matches:

MOTYC: Marty Scurll vs. Will Ospreay, Discovery Wrestling - The Elite, 4/12 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-AKjv5_OE&t=2130s)

Utterly incredible match that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Both wrestlers put up an incredible performance, and I'd never seen any of Scurll's work before but it seriously convinced me to look up his other matches. I love him now. Ospreay was his usual flippy self, and just as well. I'd say it's better than the BOTSJ match, which was super good as a character piece introducing Scurll to Japanese audiences, but wasn't as good as an even-handed wrestling match than this one.

HM: The Elite (Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) vs. BT Gunn, Joe Coffey and Lewis Girvan, Discovery Wrestling - The Elite, 4/12 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-AKjv5_OE&t=5738s)

Wonderful match. Three of the best wrestlers in Scotland against the second best wrestler in the world and the actual best tag team in the world. I really want to see them here again.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 24, 2017

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Benne posted:

MOTYC: Brock vs. Joe vs. Roman vs. Braun (Everything I hoped it'd be and more)
HM: Usos vs. New Day (Best pre-show match ever)
HM: Ambrose/Rollins vs. Sheamus/Cesaro (First time in forever I've enjoyed a Dean match)

WMOTYC: Big Cass vs. Big Show (I'll be surprised if Cass is still on TV in 3 months. What a flop)
WMOTYC: Randy Orton vs. Rusev (Firing Rusev would be a favor at this point)

nthing all of these btw

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Catching up on some stuff

HM: Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Brian Cage (7/27, NOAH)

Brian Cage's best match. He has greatly improved over the past two years

seconded

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MOTYC: Joe Coffey vs. Lewis Girvan, 2/3 Falls Match, Discovery Wrestling 3rd Anniversary, 9/16

Maybe it's just because I was there but holy poo poo, that was quite possibly the best match I've ever seen live, and Coffey's promo afterwards just loving made it so special. Incredible.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Venomous posted:

MOTYC: Joe Coffey vs. Lewis Girvan, 2/3 Falls Match, Discovery Wrestling 3rd Anniversary, 9/16

Maybe it's just because I was there but holy poo poo, that was quite possibly the best match I've ever seen live, and Coffey's promo afterwards just loving made it so special. Incredible.

Recommending this match again since the full show just came out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuj1p50lHac&t=7604s

e: also, from that same show, HM: Rampage Brown vs. Mikey Whiplash, Discovery Wrestling 3rd Anniversary, 9/16, b/c the storytelling in that match was goddamn phenomenal

Venomous fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 25, 2017

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

MOTYC: Usos vs The New Day, Hell in a Cell 10/8/2017

because drat

2nd, loving hell

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

HM: AJ Styles vs. Tye Dillinger vs. Baron Corbin, WWE Hell In A Cell, 10/8

bit of a gently caress finish, but goddamn that was good

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

HM: Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon, WWE Hell In A Cell, 08/10

gently caress. Shane is...gently caress.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

HM: Joe Coffey vs. Matt Riddle, Discovery Wrestling Uncivil War, 5/11

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

Idk I think they both worked pretty hard in the matches, they just never clicked

this, idk what their matches were like before they joined the WWE but their WWE program together was just kinda average

like, the Summerslam match was probably the best of the lot, but when KO/Shane was better than any single AJ/KO match, it's just...idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Aleister Black vs Velveteen Dream at NXT War Games.

Watch this match, holy gently caress it was good.

Third. Amazing as all hell. 'Enjoy infamy...Velveteen Dream.'

• Locked thread