Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
https://maoistrebelnews.com/maoism-third-worldism/

lol post your favorite Maoism Third Worldism pics and quotes

quote:

“It is necessary to point out the societies of consumers are those who are fundamentally responsible for the atrocious destruction of the environment. They are born from former colonial powers and imperial politics which in turn engendered the backwardness and poverty which are now beating down the immense majority of humankind.

“With only 20 percent of the world’s population, they consume two-thirds of the metal and three-fourths of the energy which are produced in the world. They have poisoned the seas and the rivers. They have weakened and punctured the ozone layer. They have saturated the atmosphere with gasses which alter climatic conditions with catastrophic effects from which we are now beginning to suffer. The forests are disappearing. The deserts are expanding. Thousands of millions of tons of fertile soil end up every year in the sea. Numerous species are becoming extinct.

“The population explosion and poverty lead to desperate efforts to survive at the expense of nature. It is not possible to blame this on the countries of the Third World­former colonies. Nations currently exploited and plundered by an unfair economic world order.

“The solution cannot be to impede the development of those who most need it. The reality of the situation is that everything contributes to their development­and poverty constitutes a flagrant violation of ecology. Tens of millions of men, women and children die every year in the Third World as a result of this­more than in both of the two world wars. Unequal trade, protectionism and foreign debt attack ecology and give rise to the destruction of the environment.

“If we want to save humanity from this self-destruction, it is necessary to better distribute the available wealth and technology of the planet. Less luxury and less extravagance in a few countries­for that matter; less poverty and less hunger in a large portion of the earth. No more transference to the Third World of the lifestyles and consumer habits which ruin the environment. Make human existence more rational. Apply a fair international economic order. Make use of all the scientific knowledge necessary for ongoing development without contamination. Pay the ecological debt and not the foreign debt. Let hunger disappear and not mankind.

“Since the supposed threats of communism have disappeared and there are no longer pretexts for cold wars, arms races and military spending, what is preventing immediate allocation of these resources to advancing the development of the Third World and combatting the threat of ecological destruction of the planet? Stop selfishness! Stop “Hegemonisms!” Stop insensitivity, irresponsibility and deceit! Tomorrow will be too late to do what we should have done a long time ago.”

“TOMORROW WILL BE TOO LATE”
– Fidel Castro

In Trump's America, is the Maoist Third Worldist candidate the right move? I believe so yes, rise up ye peasant farmers and overthrow the decadent First World. Let the Wokes be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i think when the communist aliens come to earth and see what we've done, they'll establish the MTW revolution for us

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

read SETTLERS!!!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Red Settlers

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I dunno, I mean I'm in favor of the Kamala Rouge's "the decadent rentier class must be destroyed," position but I'm uncomfortable with their "the decadent petty bourgeoisie who possess college degrees or wear glasses must be destroyed" stance. I think I'll make my choice on the basis of which candidate feels more 'real' in this 2-minute excerpt from the debates.
--the undecided voter of 2020, probably

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I'm a maoist third worldist and I vote :devil:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Settlers status: unread

??!

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

jarofpiss posted:

read SETTLERS!!!!

Is settlers the book with like the space castes or whatever? Yeah its on the list..

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Grimoire posted:

Is settlers the book with like the space castes or whatever? Yeah its on the list..
here you go, comrade:
http://readsettlers.org/text-index.html

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
mao is responsible for more human death and misery than any other human in history. its pretty cool

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

mao is responsible for more human death and misery than any other human in history. its pretty cool

counterpoint: no.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it being cool or him being responsible for all those deaths?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

estimated_deaths_of_wwii.xcl

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
without life there is no death, so really all death, ever, can be safely blamed on those responsible for life happening: wombhavers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

estimated_deaths_of_wwii.xcl

he directly caused a famine that killed millions and china is still loving the world up hard thanks to the party he left behind

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Mao is like the number one guy you should be reading in these trying times. Shame his collectivization ideas got a bunch of people killed even though he also raised a ton of people out of poverty and raised the life expectancy

Seriously do some reading on what actual Chinese people think of him.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Jose posted:

he directly caused a famine that killed millions and china is still loving the world up hard thanks to the party he left behind

How is that China and not us

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fiction posted:

How is that China and not us

i'm talking any 1 individual

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

the reality is that there is no significant first world proletariat. there is no significant revolutionary class or group in the first world. the maoist-third worldist movement and its immediate predecessors were the first to really address this fact about global class scientifically. this is one reason why maoism-third worldism is the fourth and latest stage of revolutionary science. however, there are exploited and dismally oppressed groups in the first world. these groups tend to be insignificant in terms of making revolution. sweatshop employees, some migrant populations, possibly some prisoners, are exploited in the first world. these populations are very much oppressed. nonetheless, these groups are too small, too dispersed, too dynamic, to constitute a reliable and significant revolutionary agent. it may be more fruitful to seek allies amongst these groups than amongst the first world, especially american, working class. however, it is also more fruitful to look for allies amongst intellectuals and youth. just because these demographic groups are better places to look for allies doesn’t mean the groups themselves are a social base for revolution. first world revolutionaries should become comfortable with the fact that anywhere they look in the first world, the majority will be against them.

revolutionaries in the first world exist in conditions very different than the third world. revolutionaries in the first world cannot mechanically copy the organizational strategies and tactics of the past. rather, they need to create jacobin strategies that recognize the sad situation that that they find themselves in. old dogma won’t cut it. only a creative, living revolutionary science is capable of meeting this challenge. maoism-third worldism is the way.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I prefer a more Year Zero approach

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hq2rOEwnIU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

Estimated deaths from WW2 are over 80 million, so even if you split responsibility between Hitler & Tojo that's way more.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Estimated deaths from WW2 are over 80 million, so even if you split responsibility between Hitler & Tojo that's way more.

i'm including people who die after he's gone and even then nobody really knows how many people died in china as a result of his policies being dumb as gently caress and everything else

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Jose posted:

i'm including people who die after he's gone and even then nobody really knows how many people died in china as a result of his policies being dumb as gently caress and everything else

Are you including the millions of people whose lives were saved by fair access to healthcare?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fiction posted:

Are you including the millions of people whose lives were saved by fair access to healthcare?

traditional chinese medicine killing far more almost certainly outweighs this

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Fiction posted:

they all die in the end. life'll kill ya

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

The party deviated so far from Mao's line that they fought a civil war over it. China is a country of over a billion people, which was still a backwards semi-agrarian backwater when the communists took over in 1949. The fact that there hasn't been a major famine since the GLF is more of a testament to the CCP's success than their failure. Especially when compared to the sheer levels of background misery, violence, and famine during KMT rule, warlordism, and the late Qing.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jose posted:

i'm talking any 1 individual

noted hellspawn in spectacles, Woodrow Wilson

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i've seen a couple of people posting a Mao quote where he said that communists have a responsibility to reach out to people who don't believe in it. he sure as gently caress didn't practice what he preached

he also invented chinese folk medicine as a way to counteract western medicine, even though he knew it's all bullshit

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

yeah mao never tried to get people to adopt his point of view

what a loving dunce

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

so mao is good??????

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
mao did nothing wrong

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Zyla posted:

so mao is good??????

the east is burning red

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

get that OUT of my face posted:

i've seen a couple of people posting a Mao quote where he said that communists have a responsibility to reach out to people who don't believe in it. he sure as gently caress didn't practice what he preached

If only he had written a book or something.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mao was the ultimate goon. didn't wash and cleaned himself loving young girls

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

the concept of labor aristocracy actually makes a lot of sense to me like intuitively

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

seriosuly tho i never studied mao

can we do a breakdown of good bad here?

i know a lotta people died

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Zyla posted:

seriosuly tho i never studied mao

can we do a breakdown of good bad here?

i know a lotta people died

a lot of peole always die in chinese civil wars and the afermath so has it been so shall it be

• Locked thread