Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

It's going to be incredibly funny when 10-15 years down the line the disparity in education practices between states starts to kick in full and you end up with entire generations of functionally illiterate children in some places because Betsy Devos let them blow up their entire school system.

this is already the case at the system/district/individual school level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Also special education is a giant money sink with amazing social benefits, so expect states that go full-tilt private to return to the 1950s. They'll basically lock disabled students in rooms and just straight up boot kids who aren't learning quickly out of school entirely.

The real kicker will be when those kids grow up into disfunctional adults with zero means of support (because you've gutted the entirety of your state's social services) and the crime rate that's been gradually decreasing the past 20 years suddenly starts to climb again.

nah they'll just take the handful who don't require too much direct supervision or resources and everyone else is left to their own devices

which again is something a lot of districts already do

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

get that OUT of my face posted:

i unironically support state's rights in this administration run by a bunch of out-of-touch billionaires. i'm in NY so screw you, take that poo poo away from the hard-right racists that run most states

new york like much of the northeast has some of the greatest inequality among school systems

also lol your governor is nearly as big a shill for privatizing education as devos

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

devtesla posted:

Congrats you described a high school honors student.

i was a high school honors student and had none of those qualities

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
they should append any praise for her with "in service of running a pyramid scheme"

also someone needs to bring up the fact bernie madoff will die in prison for ripping people off for far less money than she has by doing basically the same thing

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

bernie madoff didn't make huge political contributions to politicians, the devos family did

yeah i know why she's not currently rotting in the clink i'm just saying she's committed far worse crimes

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

funny way to spell posted:

I don't think there is a sizable majority of voters who are for education privatization except for A) weird rand-esque rich assholes B) homeschoolers C) people who send their kids to evangelical private schools

B and C are just mad because they're upset about their tax dollars "being wasted" and A are just freaks who think that bad inner city schools with metal detectors are the ultimate indicator that public schools are a failure and should be completely replaced

you forgot d) the dc cocktail circuit which thinks everything should be a public-private partnership and believe "innovation" is the key to solving every social issue

also b and c are pretty much the same thing, one being more rural/exurban and the other suburban

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

the saddest part about our system is how little it takes to bribe officials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
student loan companies should be forced to fight each other to the death to get loan accounts