Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

fishtobaskets posted:

I started a 2nd guild a few hours ago for anybody that doesnt want to wait for a spot in thatsnogoon to open up: SArlaccPits.

Applied as Wafflesthedog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY
Just applied to Starla pits as bizlaine.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

fishtobaskets posted:

I started a 2nd guild a few hours ago for anybody that doesnt want to wait for a spot in thatsnogoon to open up: SArlaccPits.

Applying as Greywords.

Having fun so far with Leia. I'm sure my favorites will change when I get a unique though.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Apped to SarlaccPits as ramadu

Clown Contagion
Nov 23, 2007
Hilarious AND Fatal!
Applied to SArlaccPits as Navos.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Looks like they fixed the busted quest and gave us all a pack to compensate.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Applied as GeneralProbe

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Greywords posted:

Applying as Greywords.

Having fun so far with Leia. I'm sure my favorites will change when I get a unique though.

Her unique is the first I got and it rocks hard.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
I've been having good luck with Han so far. His special is good for Lane defense if you're pushing another. Paired with a stun grenade I can DPS down a champ to death before they can get a hit off.

Also been dicking around with Lando and using his shuffle ability to spam drop pods and defense turrets which keeps folks from being able to push it seems.

Suicide Luke's in 2v2 are a nightmare but I'm probably just not strategizing for it correctly.

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
So far I've got obi wan and pao as my uniques. Obi is very expensive resource wise, and his ability can either turn a whole push around or not cast at all, so very hit or miss. Pao is pretty cheap and has a aoe cone atk debuff which is very helpful and he does decent dmg and has decent health. So he's pretty solid.

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
apped Sarlac as grimankh

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY
Mods...please change my name to "no nerds here."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
:siren:

Confirmed Cassian is a badass

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I would like to join SArlaccpits i am WandleCax

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Applied to SArlacc as rcharo

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Is the play pack like a 24 hour lockout after you open up the 2nd pack for the 'day'?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Did we rename ThatsNoGoon or did it fill up or what?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Did we rename ThatsNoGoon or did it fill up or what?

It filled up. I started SArlaccPits earlier today.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Applied as Wryght to the pit. This is a fun little time waster.

My Gimmick Name fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 16, 2017

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Applied as madookaboo

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Gigoran is SO good. I'm going to buy so many of him if I ever see him in shop.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
Applied as BaronVdLoon

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Any SArlaccPits members wanna be officers? Preferably in a non-GMT-7 timeframe (midwest USA) so you can handle guild requests when I'm asleep.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Boozie posted:

Gigoran is SO good. I'm going to buy so many of him if I ever see him in shop.

Yea he looks really strong, I need to figure out who to cut from my Han murder team for him.
In other news, after getting level 2 chewie/Han, I haven't lost on my last ~30 games, and I only lost 2 turrets total in those games. Maybe people are still really bad at tier 4/5.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Current line up: l1 Cassian: l2 Gigoran, l3 light tank, l6: marauders, xwing, grenadiers, pathfinders, l2 stun grenade.

I'm using the same lineup but with rebel drop pods instead of grenades. They are great for sniping off low towers and applying instant support to lanes that are pushed up past the spawn line.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I decided to just get Cassian with the quest since everyone has been raging about him. I went from 1350-1900 without a loss. Stopping there for the night because that was a lot of playing but that was ridiculous.

I'm running:

Light Tank l2
Gigoran l2
Sniper l4
Rebel Paht l6
Rebel gren l6
Rebel troop l6
Twi'lek Rebels l6

I'm not even sure if it's bad opponents or a good deck or just gg Cass. A LOT of my opponents start the match diving me (hero not tower) and die right off the bat.

I typically just tried to get gigoran behind my light tank for a push. I considered swapping sniper with a gnk because I can't help but single card offpush when the enemy is occupied but I guess sniper brings me more versatility.

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY

fishtobaskets posted:

Any SArlaccPits members wanna be officers? Preferably in a non-GMT-7 timeframe (midwest USA) so you can handle guild requests when I'm asleep.

Happy to be an officer. Bizlaine in east coast time.

I can't promise that I won't get drunk and quote 90s movies on weekends, though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gonna apply to SArlacc as Andylusive if there's room still.

Also I wish I knew good Cassian was before I unlocked Sabine but drat if I'm not wrecking fools in my noob tier with her anyway.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Also I wish I knew good Cassian was before I unlocked Sabine but drat if I'm not wrecking fools in my noob tier with her anyway.

When you play 2s with a fellow goon you can't both be Andor. So it all works out in the end; you get to play the badass sidekick.

kanser
Jun 5, 2011
The rebels feel really overpowered. I win most of my games with Han and Chewy but just can't ever get anything going as Empire, regardless of hero.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I'm in a very similar boat with sucking on empire. These later missions require you to play a lot on them and it's painful. I think I'll buy the walker if I see it at the store, feels like a good way to secure wins.

kanser
Jun 5, 2011
I have a walker but it's not great. Very high HP but with a cost of 7 it's not worth it. I got through a couple Empire missions as Boba or Krennic and using stun grenades and pike traps, pretty much stun locking their heroes. Empire needs more melee troops IMO, and gigoran NEEDS a nerf. He just flat out melts everything, even a walker doesn't stand a prayer.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If you're looking for a serviceable empire hero, Agent Kallus seems pretty good. He's the fastest character in the game and his shock staff attack kills troops almost as well as a ship strafe.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Bodhi (defector pilot from rogue one who gives vehicles and dropped turrets 20% extra health) and a level 2 tank have carried me to 700 pts pretty much on their own. I take breaks to use Thrawn now and again too.

I love causing a ruckus on one lane and sending a rocket trooper or reb tank down the other.

I got Ezra bridgers unique guy but idk if he's worth changing anyone out for and I dont love ezra either.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
WedgieSA applied to SArlaccPits.

It's really tough to tell sometimes how a match is going. All of a sudden you're steamrolling or getting rolled and that's the game.

Also I opened a pack with Ben Kenobi, who seems like he's good for flipping vehicles, but not much else besides that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Voodoo posted:

It's really tough to tell sometimes how a match is going. All of a sudden you're steamrolling or getting rolled and that's the game.

Also I opened a pack with Ben Kenobi, who seems like he's good for flipping vehicles, but not much else besides that.

I've had Ben Kenobi win the game for my opponent twice because I under-estimated his toughness vs turrets.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Voodoo posted:

Luke already has pretty high damage, so Kenobi's dying buff is pretty solid. Still playing Cassian though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I wish I had a higher level Gronk droid. Sending him at a turret with any decent HP character in front of him is a death sentence for turrets.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
is this just Star Wars Clash Royale with moba-style heroes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Pyronic posted:

is this just Star Wars Clash Royale with moba-style heroes?

Yes

• Locked thread