Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
this game's biggest failing is how bad robert fettucine is, i'm used to the fettster being op in whatever game he's in, it's not 100% reliable but he's generally mary sue enough to be designed well, like Vader. problem is netmabu doesnt know poo poo about these characters, they have a weird korean perspective or some poo poo so they don't understand our star wars memes and which characters we're attached to. playable baze malbus. yeah i know they had to design those rug 1 characters before anyone had even seen the movie but c'man. chewie is a loving unique like come on. anyway fett isn't great yeah i know that RUTANK is tryin to prove somethin but he was never really a problem for me to beat in kyber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What characters are actually OP in Force Arena at the moment anyway?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
netmarbu is like my favorite mobile developer but it's somewhat annoying how all-in they are on the marketing tie-ins. Like yeah I get that these games are mostly marketing tools but Future Fight would ONLY add content from the most recent marvel story arcs and newest characters, and the same thing is true here, it's a game where you can play as loving Bodhi the pilot before idk, Obi-Wan fuckin Kenobi and Chewbacca???? Or even a chump like Kylo Ren? Yes I get it but it's still retarded

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

AndyElusive posted:

What characters are actually OP in Force Arena at the moment anyway?

Imp Side

Kallus,
Thrawn
Vader

Tarkin could potentially be on this list if you run a support deck in 2v2 and just completely ruin everybodies day with him.

Rebel

Cassian
Han
Lando

There a few edge cases for 4th but i'm personally going to go for Sabine since her autoattacks just throw her all over the place and her little grenades just do so much damage overall.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I really hope they add more opportunities to pick specific legendaries and uniques because the more of those they add with random draws the harder it will become to level up any one of them in particular. Even the overpriced legendary + unique pack on the shop doesn't let you pick who you get.

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
There IS a special mission right now with a Legendary Selector for Rebels characters, including Hera and 7Sis.
So if you're playing one of the many characters from there, there ya go.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Im trying to Make Bodhi Great Again now that I got his unique and I realize he health boosts gonk droids too

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Playing this game again, I cannot escape. I switched to a hero that my problems won't be so crippling. I'm currently doing decent with the Thrawn deck I posted above. I'm steadily climbing, just verrrry slow.
I saw we were at level 6 of the guild mission, so I thought I'd hop on and toss 50 points in. The new Rebel chick is fun.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Valicious posted:

Playing this game again, I cannot escape. I switched to a hero that my problems won't be so crippling. I'm currently doing decent with the Thrawn deck I posted above. I'm steadily climbing, just verrrry slow.
I saw we were at level 6 of the guild mission, so I thought I'd hop on and toss 50 points in. The new Rebel chick is fun.

Glad to hear you're still around! I'm gonna try out your deck setup with thrawn, the deck that got me to rank 6 is just too easily AOE countered.

That being said I've run into a similar wall with cassian on the other side. A good Boba or Tarkin will shut me down consistently. I've switched from using the Gonk to using the partisans now that they're lvl 5 and with adrenal boost they SHRED clumps.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Going back to 1v1 after months of just rocking 2v2 has made me bad at this game even when using Cassian Andor.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Just ran the breakdowns for leader usage among the top 200 global players on each faction. Before I post the full results, anyone care to guess:

1) Who is the most commonly-used leader among the top players, making up a staggering 30% of their faction's top 200?
2) Who is the only leader to not appear in the top 200 of their faction?

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
We need more goons in our guild. OldGoonpublic is now the main guild, join up!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jenny Angel posted:

Just ran the breakdowns for leader usage among the top 200 global players on each faction. Before I post the full results, anyone care to guess:

1) Who is the most commonly-used leader among the top players, making up a staggering 30% of their faction's top 200?

1. Luke Skywalker?

2. Leia?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

AndyElusive posted:

1. Luke Skywalker?

2. Leia?

Cassian and Palpatine respectively

Full results:

REBEL ALLIANCE

Tier 1
Cassian Andor - 30%
Han Solo - 25%

Tier 2
Luke Skywalker - 12%

Tier 3
Sabine Wren - 9%
Jyn Erso - 7%
Lando Calrissian - 6%

Tier 4
Bodhi Rook - 5%
Baze Malbus - 4%
Ezra Bridger - 4%

Tier 5
Hera Syndulla - 1%
Leia Organa - 1%

GALACTIC EMPIRE

Tier 1
Darth Vader - 20%
Admiral Thrawn - 18%
Agent Kallus - 16%

Tier 2
Grand Moff Tarkin - 13%
Director Krennic - 10%

Tier 3
Dengar - 8%
Seventh Sister - 7%

Tier 4
Boba Fett - 5%
Grand Inquisitor - 4%

Tier 5
Bossk - 2%
Emperor Palpatine - 0%

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Eh I was kinda close when it came to the Rebels.

And yeah I had a feeling it was Vader leading the pack on Empire.

Poor Sheev.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
We need more people in OldGoonpublic, only 40/50 and we BARELY made it to mission level 7. I want my legendaries damnit!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Jenny Angel posted:

Haven't scrolled down but

1) Cassian
2) Bodhi?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol I forgot Bossk even existed

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol I forgot Bossk even existed

Last season I was apparently the 5th ranked Bossk in North America and I loving suck at this game so that tells you how much of a force he is on the ladder

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Also big 'grats to everyone on nabbing that Platinum guild reward this season. Intelwife and I (ArtooDeyToah and BenQuadranaros, respectively) love you all.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I think my favorite thing about Bossk now is that because he's so rarely seen, you can get a lot of sorta unearned wins on leaders who aren't used to your snare and get themselves killed in situations that would be possible to escape against other ranged leaders. This is especially effective when you manage to stop a suicide leader just short of your turret, so I actually like his matchup against melees and semi-melees. He fares much more poorly though against leaders who can play effectively by hanging back and drawing incremental battlefield advantages, such as Cassian and Han

Now let me take a big sip of water and see how much of the Rebel metagame those two leaders make up

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I am one death trooper card pull away from Level 3 DT's. I neeeeeeeed it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What's your Krennic deck? I need help making a good 1v1 Krennic!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
idk if it's that great but here's what I've got knocking on the door to 6:

Death Troopers (unique)
Dewback
Stun Grenade
Sandtrooper
Dev Bladesmen
Stormtroopers
and a final slot that keeps flipping between: Imperial Stickmen, Light Vehicle tank, rocket trooper and Heavy gunners. If I take the stickmen I'll usually replace Dewback with something that shoots.

Nothing fancy about the strategy. Always drop DT's waaaaay back on the field, and then put a meat shield in front of them before the two runners start to cross into no-deploy land. Best time to go after a turret is after a real juicy stun grenade drop where you killed a hero, use your hero power to make that happen or go after a turret depending on the timing. Krennic's just a real solid middle of the road generalist imo, just keep playing smart with your deployments and you'll eventually have the advantage, use DT's to make a real push.

The thing I really like about this deck is getting DT's and a melee in your first hand and jumping in fast against people who are used to both heroes sitting and doing nothing until you both hit 10 energy, or even better, when someone starts walking toward DT's and get a melee dropped directly onto their hero.

The obvious weakness is no TIE fighter, but I've always been of the opinion that crowd control is better handled with the fiddlier units and smart deployments in front of a sand trooper.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 24, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Me and my wifes new favorite thing is 2v2 rebels where we coordinate drop pod attacks.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I just got Thrawn to lvl 3, and Krennic is one away from 3 as well!

I'm trying to decide if I want to switch the 3 cost turret out for Pryce. The energy advantage in my Thrawn deck would really help.
Big boy tank
MLC tank
laser turret
Bomber
bladesmen
Sandtrooper

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I have to assume you've tried already Val, but have you tried having some sort of stylus tip thing on your nose while playing? Still having probs? idk, I'm like...personally bothered that something like this game would suddenly become lovely by way of unknown control problems that are specifically loving up someone who has to play with their nose.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

The only problem with Pryce is that once she gets tangled up in combat, she usually doesn't survive. If you stay away from the fray that's not so much of a problem but you're also depriving yourself of hero DPS doing that. I've gone back and forth with Pryce but the higher in rank I got the more I would rather have other 3 cost units.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I have to assume you've tried already Val, but have you tried having some sort of stylus tip thing on your nose while playing? Still having probs? idk, I'm like...personally bothered that something like this game would suddenly become lovely by way of unknown control problems that are specifically loving up someone who has to play with their nose.

I'm still having some issues, but I'm trying to play around them. The problem with a stylus is my vision really sucks (like 20/250+), so I can't see if my eyes get further away.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I was imagining like, a tiny ball of some sort stuck to the end of your nose but idk how that'd even work.

I hope they work your poo poo out

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I would almost like to see the same kind of stats but with the different units, although that's hell of a lot more work than just seeing which leaders are the most popular. I imagine there is a ton of 0% usage on some of the units and buildings, at least when it comes to 1v1

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

2nd in the guild for turret kills? I play this game too much.

Also, I like Luke and am glad he is viable. I just wish I could get him above level 1. C'mon game, give me some Lukes!

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Tried applying as cravenhed, looking for some sweet tag team action

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
How are you supposed to play baze malbus (Ip man's friend). I've got him and Ip man at level 2 but idk.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I would almost like to see the same kind of stats but with the different units, although that's hell of a lot more work than just seeing which leaders are the most popular. I imagine there is a ton of 0% usage on some of the units and buildings, at least when it comes to 1v1

I'll see if I can't do that when I run the leader stats this Sunday. I may use a smaller sample size though because like you said, lots of work otherwise

Intel&Sebastian posted:

How are you supposed to play baze malbus (Ip man's friend). I've got him and Ip man at level 2 but idk.

Try to build up slow pushes, drop stun grenade and your special on enemy leaders whenever they try to get involved. He has strong kill pressure but he really needs to make big brawls happen on the map, he's ill-suited to both chip and suicide

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The dang rebel electric AOE grenade screws up every game I see it in.

I think I just like troop focused decks too much

Cadence
Dec 31, 2007
Heya all, not surprisingly I am CadenceSA in game. Logged into my old SA account to say thanks for taking me into the guild. I play exclusively Boba outside of 5 rebel wins for rewards. At some point I need to try other leaders I guess. At Tier 6 through Fett fun times. Let's aim for high rewards this week!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The dang rebel electric AOE grenade screws up every game I see it in.

I think I just like troop focused decks too much

The higher I got in rank the more true this became. My best decks I can win with all have things that can survive at least 1 AOE. The higher in rank I get him the meaner the Keredian Partisan gets too, that guy is really good. Defense is the name of the game though. Whoever can crack the enemy first, get the hero kill, and survive long enough to take a turret first usually wins in aurodium.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I've been semi-retired from the game due to medical stuff, but I came back and wrecking poo poo with Cassian. The guys that give me the most trouble are Boba and the new guy.
Best way to deal with AOEs that I've found is to split push. I put Rocket Bob in my deck for just that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Less than a day left on guild mission. PUUUUSH

• Locked thread