Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Greywords posted:

Applying as Greywords.

Having fun so far with Leia. I'm sure my favorites will change when I get a unique though.

Her unique is the first I got and it rocks hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Phyresis posted:

applied to SArlaccpits as Phyresis

I just got Brother Eight so I'ma try to make Inquisitor work. Imps should be a bit better after today's patch but I still think there might be a gap. The main thing you need to keep in mind as an Imperial player is that your poo poo tends to cost more so if you make a mistake and waste a unit that's like five energy gone. Your mistakes punish you harder but you get better units

Uh, if by better units you mean an atst that can't target anything attacking it and gatling troopers that die against a breath of fresh air. I haven't checked if the patch equalized strafe costs yet but a rebel can sit there and counter drop 2s and 3s against 5 and 7s and win. Add gigorans and rebel drop pods in and yer kinda hosed. I feel imp needs either a 1 point cost reduction on a couple of the units that do nowhere near their cost value in work (ATST, Tie Bomber), or rebalance their functions. As it stands I play a Leia with her unique and an average of 3.1 unit cost and only lose when the opponent manages to micro around my death timer or chain stun me.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

On Leia being bullshit: I had a 1v1 today in which I DCed right in the beginning as Leia. Came back 32 seconds later and still won along a solo lane. Her unique is hella good for a 2 drop and I've killed turrets with her and guards alone. A turret for a special and a 2 drop is p. disgusting.

OxMan fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 21, 2017

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I feel the sides are fairly even where they're at now though like someone said earlier 2v2s feel like they snowball faster now, but people also play a lot better in t5 than t4. That being said some combos are way better than others. I think I've won every single game I've played with thrawn and krennic. Double offlane atsts are nuts and a protected krennic unique is basically a mini player.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

That's ok, playing as krennic or thrawn, if the rebel I'm facing isn't using xwing it's an almost guaranteed win.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Up until that patch imps were a lot worse though. Now the pendulum has swung a bit towards them but youve still got plenty of good heroes and units on the rebel side...provided you have their uniques. The only reason i do so well with krennic is his unique, hell. Cassian and Leia aren't too bad without their uniques.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

The higher in tier i get the more i wish xwings and ties would either do less damage or have a smaller bombing range. I mainly play thrawn and krennic and between the mine and the fliers I get board wiped too easily. Against a good han with xwing and chewie i can never get any offensive off even if i pop all his mines myself

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I was complaining about han earlier but that's the new meta, turtling, it seems. Engineer, turret, xwing. Kinda hating it cause all games go to time decision now, who gets the turret then turtles better. Rebels are also better at doing it between bodhi, cassian, han and to a lesser extent lando, jyn, and the purple hair chick. Kinda put my empire on ice in 1v1s, my weenie offense with thrawn and krennic can't cut through mass defenses.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I've lost 2 out of 15 games now as rebels in 1v1, and 8 as empire. Thrawn and Krennic for empire, Cassian and Leia, all lvl 2 with lvl 2 uniques, rank 10 greys, 7 blue, 4/5 purple for reference at 2* chromium. Haven't played any 2v2s yet but it feels the rebels are stronger again for sure.

As a side note I've been having lots of fun playing with a rank 2 Tarkin now that I got a rank 2 TK. I use slow nade, stun nade and tie bomber for supports, and burst down a turret with my special and tie bomber then turtle up the rest of the game. His special is really strong.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Valicious posted:

applied to SAlaccPit as Valicious

I'm having fun as Leia, stay back and spam. Is there a way to upgrade the units she spawns?

The latest patch introduced this, they're base lvl 3 i think, then every level leia gets they get +2 to their level.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Chilichimp posted:

He's just -so- easily countered by an x-wing or a well placed grenadier.

Smart and good Thrawns will save the weenies until you're dead. 6 buffed lvl 10 troopers and a lvl 2 thrawn will knock out a lvl 10 turret in less than 8 seconds. Thrawn is really good precisely because he can push with 2 energy when your opponent is dead.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Id say kallus and vader are the best because they can 1 shot heroes with their specials + dev blades

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Jenny Angel posted:

I only ever play Empire so I'm very familiar with the Rebel Aurodium meta game of endless Hans, Lukes, and Cassians, but I have no real idea what Empire players are rocking these days. Rebel players in high Aurodium league, what do you face most often and who gives you the most trouble?

I'm 1 star not 3 star, but I use lvl 2 Thrawn, stormies, aoe stormy, fix bot, tank, dev blades, mounted stormy and stun nade. Greys are at 11, purps at 5. I win about 4/5 games. My cassian deck I'd say i only win about half the time now that lvl 3 heroes are more common. I fear Thrawns (boosted devs and a thrawn can solo a turret in the time it takes to respawn second time) and vaders and Kallus for being able to instakill a hero any time they have special and 3 energy.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Chilichimp posted:

wtf is DSL?

Dark Trooper Leader.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Valicious posted:

I got cassian to lvl 3, but I've been having a hard time getting out of Bronzium. Stuck at low 1700s.

Cassian lvl 3
Pathfinders lvl 9
Light Tank lvl 4
Drop Pod lvl 3
Flamethrowers lvl 4
Gigoran lvl 4
X-Wing lvl 9
Grenadier lvl 9

I have K-2SO lvl 1, but I'm not sure where he fits. Any advice on deck build? Any game tips?

Replace the flamethrowers with regular rebel shooters, you'll get more out of their range. Drop pod is good if you're using the bug to attack their generator from behind, otherwise put K2 here

Basically you want to use K2 to attract fire and your tank or gigoran to do as much damage while he is dying as you can. You can always put more stuff behind the tank.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I got 3 landos in a row so now i have a level 3 lando to match my lvl 3 cassian. Empire I've been stuck at 3 out 4 thrawn and krennic for weeks. If i get one more Dengar ima flipppp

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Valicious posted:

Is there a way to tell when a player was last active? I have a feeling there's a lot of inactives in SAlacPitts, which really hurts our co-op missions.

Any suggestions on Krennic decks?

I feel like between SAlac and Thatsnogoon we probably still don't have 50 active players honestly. Maybe we should merge?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Left Thatsnogoon and applied at new guild as Oxinflames.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Mine fixed itself after some time, at least.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

One thing I've learned since switching is that a hell of a lot more people were active in Sarlacc than thatsnogoon. Now with this guild stuff added and 2v2s being free its a lot more fun to just play the game.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Man I get the kind of problems you're describing but they're usually fixed by a reboot. Have you tried reinstalling?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Valicious posted:

Playing this game again, I cannot escape. I switched to a hero that my problems won't be so crippling. I'm currently doing decent with the Thrawn deck I posted above. I'm steadily climbing, just verrrry slow.
I saw we were at level 6 of the guild mission, so I thought I'd hop on and toss 50 points in. The new Rebel chick is fun.

Glad to hear you're still around! I'm gonna try out your deck setup with thrawn, the deck that got me to rank 6 is just too easily AOE countered.

That being said I've run into a similar wall with cassian on the other side. A good Boba or Tarkin will shut me down consistently. I've switched from using the Gonk to using the partisans now that they're lvl 5 and with adrenal boost they SHRED clumps.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

The only problem with Pryce is that once she gets tangled up in combat, she usually doesn't survive. If you stay away from the fray that's not so much of a problem but you're also depriving yourself of hero DPS doing that. I've gone back and forth with Pryce but the higher in rank I got the more I would rather have other 3 cost units.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The dang rebel electric AOE grenade screws up every game I see it in.

I think I just like troop focused decks too much

The higher I got in rank the more true this became. My best decks I can win with all have things that can survive at least 1 AOE. The higher in rank I get him the meaner the Keredian Partisan gets too, that guy is really good. Defense is the name of the game though. Whoever can crack the enemy first, get the hero kill, and survive long enough to take a turret first usually wins in aurodium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I stopped playing because new hero power creep was getting real but now i havent played in so long id just lose every platinum match with my lvl 12ish dudes

• Locked thread