Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Seahawks are poop from a butt

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

An Earl-less Seahawks is a sad sight indeed. :rip:

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Players on their first contract haven't been playing up to their hype, except for maybe Frank Clark.

Oh well, what a disappointing injury plagued season. That loss in Arizona was huge. 2nd seed home game with a bye would've been huge for this team.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Seahawks suck on the road.

Because they don't get bullshit home cooking by the refs

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Febreeze posted:

Seahawks suck on the road.

Because they don't get bullshit home cooking by the refs

Hot taek. Tweet that to pftc IMO.

Team's weaknesses exposed in a huge way. Tom Cable should be fired out of a cannon into the sun.

CB and OL ARE obvious priorities. If it's a weak OL class, they're gonna have to work the FA market hard to grab guys. I'm just not entirely sure that, even with good players, Cable could make a decent line. He passed on Jahri Evans, who played OK in New Orleans, to start two very bad OGs. He's had some quality pieces, but fails to use them in any meaningful way. That's sort of a theme for the Seahawks offense. See Graham, Jimmy and Harvin, Percy.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Falcons gonna win the super bowl y'all

Bring back the dirty bird

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I got really upset when Rees stepped on Russell's foot.

I'm just glad it's over. Back to lurking for me!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Ifedi getting injured and his replacement stepping on Wilson's foot to cause a safety is pretty much the cosmos telling you it ain't gonna happen.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Ugh football has not been the escape I've needed the last year

Kalli posted:

Yeah, Ifedi getting injured and his replacement stepping on Wilson's foot to cause a safety is pretty much the cosmos telling you it ain't gonna happen.

Funny thing is Ifedi stepped on Russ' foot last week

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Well, one less team to root against. Now, if only the Pats would lose.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
For the first time I'm starting to be concerned about Schneider. The opportunity cost of locking up the big names and not allowing them to reach free agency got too high this season with that embarrassment of an offensive line. Ifedi looks like a bust, Fant looked like how a basketball player who had never played football would look, Sowell was probably the worst non-rookie lineman I've ever seen, Rees is clearly not ready, Britt is an NFL average center but looks like Walter Jones compared to the others he's working with, and Glowinski is just a guy.

I'd give up Sherman and Chancellor in a heartbeat if it meant they'd have a team who can block, because obviously those two really really REALLY need Thomas to succeed anyway.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Reminder that for most of the season Kearse started over Richardson.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Real glad that the Falcons at least got 1 more playoff win for Matt.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Reminder that for most of the season Kearse started over Richardson.

I am 100% convinced that he got a second contract with Seattle because he is personal friends with Wilson. Wilson seems to prefer to target him as well.

I really wonder if they dont try and get Sherman to renegotiate or something.

edit: Brandon Browner been tweeting since the end of the game, diagnosing the secondary problems. Cool to see a player doin that.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 15, 2017

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Schwack posted:

I really wonder if they dont try and get Sherman to renegotiate or something.

Look to how they handle Chancellor to see how they view the team's needs. If they lock him up to a big long term deal rather than spend money on bodies up front then that's a serious cause for concern that the front office is too entrenched in the glory days of '13.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Go NFC please win Super Bowl

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It may be the first quarter, but gently caress it.

Texans lost, which QB should they draft in the first.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i haven't seen anyone here doing it but seeing seahawks fans whine about this being refball after they beat atlanta earlier this year with that massively blatant no-call dpi is kind of immensely satisfying on a deep level

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Bird Gang, bitch!

Falcons winning the Superbowl, ya'll.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

That win felt so drat good. Hope Julio isnt too bad off.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
derp, reading cmprhsn

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Office Surprise Store posted:

i haven't seen anyone here doing it but seeing seahawks fans whine about this being refball after they beat atlanta earlier this year with that massively blatant no-call dpi is kind of immensely satisfying on a deep level

People need to stop biting on LWB in TYOOL 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Pershing posted:

That win felt so drat good. Hope Julio isnt too bad off.

He's been battling turf toe for weeks. I was hoping the BYE week would be the last we heard of it, but apparently not. He will play next week, how effective he will be I'm not sure but the way Ryan spreads it around we can deal.

I'm hoping Clayborne isn't too bad. To go out with a bicep injury sounds like he tore it which would be awful considering he just came back from the knee injury.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Osweiler is terrible, the defense is great... gently caress Oswieler is QB next season too this sucks

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
That Texans game btriggered my 90s Steelers PTSD

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

Osweiler is terrible, the defense is great... gently caress Oswieler is QB next season too this sucks

On the bright side Bob is getting fired or is mutually leaving because rick Smith is probably adopted into the McNair family

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Brock Osweiler is easily the worst starting QB in the NFL. It's really a testament to the rest of the Texans team they got as far as they did carrying a 6'9'' tall bag of the wettest and floppiest of dicks along the way.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So yeah, Texans have a good team with a very, very bad quarterback.

Draft a new guy and hope you can Dak Prescott your way to success next year guys.

(or somehow get Romo//Tyrod and go nutsssss)

That game went how the Texans needed it. They took away the short passes and stuffed the running game for most of the game and forced Brady to beat them deep. He hit a bunch of them because he's a loving god, but the offense was inconsistent and they even intercepted him twice. But their linebackers couldn't cover our running backs and the WR's were able to catch many of the deep passes.

Defense played well again, but I mean that doesn't mean much, Osweiler stopped the Texans offense dead. Patriots had a weaker 18 point win then most, but as long as they don't have 3 turnovers, they should be solid favorites against anyone.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

Brock Osweiler is poop from a butt

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/820451211979714560

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

That was a rough game that the score doesn't show at all.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/Earl_Thomas/status/820481349626818560

Imagine if the Patriots had to play the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals twice a year.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I genuinely kind of like owners who actually seem to care about their team like that

You'd never see Jed fuckin York or Dean Spanos in a locker room dancing

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
good grief what a terrible year for professional football. at least i think every team remaining is good?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Devils Advocate: Brock basically did what the Texans need of him in the first half. In the second half Fuller drops a perfect touchdown throw and then NE goes up two scores, putting the Texans offense in a position that are poorly suited to handle.

On the other hand, Brock Osweiler sucks a thousand dicks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Febreeze posted:

I genuinely kind of like owners who actually seem to care about their team like that

You'd never see Jed fuckin York or Dean Spanos in a locker room dancing

Kraft is always in the lockerroom after a win. He has the worst moves and a younger girlfriend then most of those guys.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
steelers going to win the superbowl.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Devils Advocate: Brock basically did what the Texans need of him in the first half. In the second half Fuller drops a perfect touchdown throw and then NE goes up two scores, putting the Texans offense in a position that are poorly suited to handle.

You're forgetting the dropped TD by Fedorowitz or whatever the hell his name is in the first half here too. Either way though...

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

On the other hand, Brock Osweiler sucks a thousand dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Mcqueen posted:

steelers going to win the superbowl.

As much as I want it to be the steelers, it's going to be the falcons or cowboys

• Locked thread