Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Seahawks have to be the most dysfunctional, successful team in the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol that's because of the rotating division and cross conference matchups this year. The AFC East had a cakewalk relative to most teams. The dolphins got pooped on immediately.

to be fair I was one of the starting safeties by the time we made the playoffs

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/820458465416056833

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Tony in Houston would be kind of amazing.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Chichevache posted:

Seahawks swept the AFC East, which even the vaunted Patriots couldn't do.

They only lost to the Bills because they had a beef brisket at QB.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Prozach posted:

Bill Wixey's just a dude, he isn't someone who goes out of his way to antagonize players for quotes.

Man even compared to previous seasons when they were embracing their role as villains of the league this Seattle team was just plain unlikable this year. And not in a fun, "root for the villain because they get under crotchety old white guys' skins" way either. If anything the Seattle media coddles the team too much, so to see them lash out their frustrations at being a bad team against interviewers is really pathetic.

(plays random alice in chains song while reading this post)

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/Earl_Thomas/status/820481349626818560

Imagine if the Patriots had to play the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals twice a year.

Brady would be sacked 50 times and be injured half the year :getin:

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Atlanta's offense is really good - they just grinded Seattle's defense into dust, whether Ryan was getting rid of the ball quickly, or their running game was just getting big gains on the ground. I think the big difference between both teams was offensive line - Atlanta might have one of the better units in the league overall and it is reflected in the consistency of their offense. Seattle's is really boom-or-bust in comparison, opening drive aside, because they can't reliably pass block for Wilson or open holes in the running game. And it's not like the Falcons have a top of the league defense either, even though they did a fine job forcing turnovers in yesterday's game.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The Patriots won yesterday by 18 points, that's 2 points more than they won by in week 3 with Brissett.

It was an ugly game, especially in the first half but I guess that was bound to happen when you are a 16,5 points favorite, no matter how much the Patriots talked the Texans up - or alternatively the Texans were actually much better than the points spread indicated.

After this game NE might not be the favored by 10points to win the AFCCG or Super Bowl, but that's okay, you can't always play the Colts in the AFCCG.

As for the Seahawk's whining, maybe don't lose games against the Rams, Cardinals, Bucs and you too would have an easier road to the SB, including home games.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Seahawks defense isn't that good any more and their OL is trash. I thought they might play better than they did but no one should be surprised about what happened yesterday

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Michael Bennett tried to gouge Ryan Schraeder's eyes and he dove at our lineman's knees on the last victory formation kneeldown - straight up douchebag.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Durandal1707 posted:

Atlanta's offense is really good - they just grinded* Seattle's defense into dust, whether Ryan was getting rid of the ball quickly, or their running game was just getting big gains on the ground.

*ground

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

GaussianCopula posted:

The Patriots won yesterday by 18 points, that's 2 points more than they won by in week 3 with Brissett.

It was an ugly game, especially in the first half but I guess that was bound to happen when you are a 16,5 points favorite, no matter how much the Patriots talked the Texans up - or alternatively the Texans were actually much better than the points spread indicated.

After this game NE might not be the favored by 10points to win the AFCCG or Super Bowl, but that's okay, you can't always play the Colts in the AFCCG.

As for the Seahawk's whining, maybe don't lose games against the Rams, Cardinals, Bucs and you too would have an easier road to the SB, including home games.

What are you talking about? The Patriots won by 27 points in week 3. Week 4 the lost 16-0

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

They won 27-0 in week three with Brisset. They lost 16-0 with Gimpy Brissett against the Bills.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Frog Princess posted:

Michael Bennett tried to gouge Ryan Schraeder's eyes and he dove at our lineman's knees on the last victory formation kneeldown - straight up douchebag.

Michael Bennett is a giant cry baby doucher and he looks ridiculous with his tiny shoulder pads he deserves everything he gets :colbert:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

evilweasel posted:

They won 27-0 in week three with Brisset. They lost 16-0 with Gimpy Brissett against the Bills.

Oh right, I had the wrong score in my head.

Anyway, we won.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

The result was a lot different this time when Sherman came to Atlanta.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Frog Princess posted:

Yeah how dare he dive at someone's knees he had no reason to do such a thing to anyone on the ATL offensive line.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

This happens after literally every Texans or Cowboys game (mysa.com is part of the same network of sites as chron.com), I think they might just be continuously refreshing old articles.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah how dare he dive at someone's knees he had no reason to do such a thing to anyone on the ATL offensive line.

Agreed.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

DNS posted:

Agreed.

Remeber when Ifedi went out because a Falcon dlineman swept the leg like he was loving Kobra Kai?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

a new study bible! posted:

wonder if they can just tie brock to a chair and force him to give Romo 90% of his salary.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

a new study bible! posted:

Really i'm tired of other teams QB's. I would loving love to draft one. And draft one on the first day, not some garbage "project"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PrinceRandom posted:

Really i'm tired of other teams QB's. I would loving love to draft one. And draft one on the first day, not some garbage "project"

Get in line buddy.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That game was a lot more close then it should have been. The Texans Defense generally played well and were able to generate three turnovers against the Pats and watching Clowney just burst through the line and devour Brady that one time was terrifying. On the flip side the Texans Offense was a joke that was made worse by what few good throws Osweiler made being dropped. Also despite playing for the Texans I always like watching Wilfork play and I hope he at least makes it into the conversation about the HOF.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Ehud posted:

to be fair I was one of the starting safeties by the time we made the playoffs

Your angles were straight garbage

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I'm not even mad - we all knew the Texans offense was trash going into the game, specifically Brock. Seeing Clowney give Brady PTSD was amazing.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Seahawks? More like seasucks, amirite?
am I doing this right?

Fully expected a loss and that's what happened. I wonder if they'll continue to drop less money on the online until it's just those pads they run into at practice.
Still, hard to complain about getting two games into the playoffs and another division title. poo poo division or not.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Brock Osweiler has thrown for <200 yards on 40 or more attempts 4 times this season (counting the playoffs). No other QB has done that twice since 1950. The Texans defense was pretty good, despite the score; Lots of turnovers and hits on Brady. Bill O'Briens best quality as a HC is that Romeo Crennel agreed to be his D.C. for whatever reason. His offenses for the last 3 seasons have been uninspired at best and the parade of garbagemen that have masqueraded as QB have been cringeworthy. He has been Brian Billick without the Super Bowl ring and if he did walk away from Houston I would be way more upset about Crennel being gone with him (most likely).

gently caress it though, still much better than 2002-2006

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
I like to think the Falcons D is slightly better than the stats would lead on considering how many garbage time points they give up. Probably slightly less influential is that the offense tends to scores pretty rapidly so the D tends to stay on the field longer. Seattle obviously had a game plan of trying to keep Ryan off the field as much as possible. The only team I saw this year that really was successful at that was the Eagles.

All that to say I'm more scared of playing the Cowboys in the nfccg because I think they can grind the game out better than the Packers could.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Nodoze posted:

The Seahawks defense isn't that good any more and their OL is trash. I thought they might play better than they did but no one should be surprised about what happened yesterday

I was surprised by Atlanta's running success. Their run game is good but it can and has been bottled up by tough defensive fronts, including once @SEA earlier in the season.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

dont hate the playa posted:

I like to think the Falcons D is slightly better than the stats would lead on considering how many garbage time points they give up. Probably slightly less influential is that the offense tends to scores pretty rapidly so the D tends to stay on the field longer. Seattle obviously had a game plan of trying to keep Ryan off the field as much as possible. The only team I saw this year that really was successful at that was the Eagles.

All that to say I'm more scared of playing the Cowboys in the nfccg because I think they can grind the game out better than the Packers could.

That's how I'm thinking right now too. @DAL is a game where the Cowboys TOP could be 40 minutes. Their defense isn't nearly as tough as Philly's though, so to me that's still a very winnable game for Atlanta. Would rather have the last game in the dome be the NFCCG but I'm not too concerned either way.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

b0ng posted:

Brock Osweiler has thrown for <200 yards on 40 or more attempts 4 times this season (counting the playoffs). No other QB has done that twice since 1950. The Texans defense was pretty good, despite the score; Lots of turnovers and hits on Brady. Bill O'Briens best quality as a HC is that Romeo Crennel agreed to be his D.C. for whatever reason. His offenses for the last 3 seasons have been uninspired at best and the parade of garbagemen that have masqueraded as QB have been cringeworthy. He has been Brian Billick without the Super Bowl ring and if he did walk away from Houston I would be way more upset about Crennel being gone with him (most likely).

gently caress it though, still much better than 2002-2006
I don't know, the fact that the Texans have an offense that functions at even a low level with the likes of Osweiler under center is impressive. He's literally, like, Blaine Gabbert bad. The Texans paid $72 million for a stretched-out Blaine Gabbert.
Just imagine what they could do with a bad quarterback, like Bortles or Siemian.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Congrats to the Falcons for getting to host the NFCCG

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
There's no way the Cowboys team that played today would have beaten the Falcons. So uh, go Falcons.

Ugh, gently caress the Packers

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
hahahah holy loving poo poo i legit can't believe this season

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
But the Packers fans have it so loving hard, with Dom Capers and all.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

That catch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't believe how lovely both of those Crosby kicks looked before straightening out (the 56 and 51, not the iced one)

• Locked thread