Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
The true mods are part of a class beyond mere mortal men, a class to which even elected kings must kneel

also will you guys do that mod stuff i mentioned like making the winner an ik?

:prays fervently:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

GlyphGryph posted:

The true mods are part of a class beyond mere mortal men, a class to which even elected kings must kneel

also will you guys do that mod stuff i mentioned like making the winner an ik?

:prays fervently:

I make no promises, other than that death is certain.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Better than nothing

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
nullify the vote if i dont like the winner

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Darkman Fanpage posted:

nullify the vote if i dont like the winner

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm clearing the field right now

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
dammit i misread the OP and thought this was gonna be one of those games where you vote to change the rules of the game

uh

can nominees run their alts too

also what if they're really really drunk

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I mean technically since the only guaranteed benefit of winning is being able to propose an almost complete rewrite of the game, which the posters then vote on, that is kind of an accurate reading

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 13:32 on Jan 16, 2017

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
yeah this is probably why there's historically always been such a controversy over whether you should decide run for an elected position when you're drunk as gently caress

some people say no

some people say stop calling me

but history's eyes say yes

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm starting to regret my nomination of The Saurus after he creepily quoted some old post I made out of no where that he "saved", but you know, the guy really speaks his mind and maybe that's what we need to shake up C-SPAM right now!!!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I thought The Saurus wasn't allowed in c spam

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

The ideal president is a president in exile, right?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Nominations are currently Closed

Round One Voting is now open in the President of C-Spam Election Season: Round One Voting thread.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

im forming cadres as we speak to overthrow this sham government once the sham election is finished

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

quote:

Whomever ultimately gets elected will gain the title of CSPAM President and in filling that august office, be granted any number of Special Responsibilities and Dispensations.

Confirmed.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm ok with Baloogan, it's like real life in 3 days!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

GlyphGryph posted:

Confirmed.
sounds like executive overreach imo

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

First thing I'd do is tell Baloogan "You're fired!"

because I will need a secretary of duckfense

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Who is going to represent the votes from the honorable Angry First? Or the other joke candidates who perfectly encapsulate the spirit of C-SPAM?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Mariana Horchata posted:

because I will need a secretary of duckfense

*ahem* i expect my early support for ur candidacy to be rewarded with a plush cabinet-level forums security position

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lol

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

:five:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

*sigh*

Not again...

Oh well...

Conch Shell Corp posted:

That limo had a wife and kids

this poor child is now an orphan RIP

Lastgirl posted:

"you're the animals, you're the animals" I insist as I continue to spew vitriolic, divisive and shallow rhetoric

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

*sigh*

Not again...

Oh well...

go here n gimme ur votes u fucken rear end in a top hat

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806063

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

lol yessss

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Turdfuzz bringing the high energy pandering to this compromised & rigged election. Democracy in action!

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
negative 20 votes to turdfuzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

post tge new thread gluph ive beeb effectivelu lobbied

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
if turdfuzz doesnt win this will have been the biggest waste of his time in his life

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIOIHywqwTY

also its p funny knowin that outta 25ppl i got the second most votes after a poster like joementum when all i do is make lovely quips
also the guy runnin it is tryin to make me lose which is also p fucken funny

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i find it funny that the guy in the lead has literally done and posted nothing about this election, and actively doesn't want it

is the ik position compulsory or not, like can we punish joementum if he just sits on his rear end, because i feel like that's what people want to do

you'll be president of c-spam and you'll bloody well like it!!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i didnt know we were runnin 4 ik

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The whole 'electors' thing seems designed to cut the common pleb out of the action, especially when the electors can then horse trade voting power to people the plebs didn't vote for to begin with! Its rigged I tells ya!

Mitt Romney still being in it somehow is pretty funny though

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

rudatron posted:

i find it funny that the guy in the lead has literally done and posted nothing about this election, and actively doesn't want it

is the ik position compulsory or not, like can we punish joementum if he just sits on his rear end, because i feel like that's what people want to do

Turdfuzz posted:

i didnt know we were runnin 4 ik

Clarification: While the office of President of CSPAM is a dignified and mighty one, it is not the same as being an IK.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Clarification: While the office of President of CSPAM is a dignified and mighty one, it is not the same as being an IK.

idk if im comfortable with being a ceromonial head of state then, seems p bougie

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Not a Step posted:

The whole 'electors' thing seems designed to cut the common pleb out of the action, especially when the electors can then horse trade voting power to people the plebs didn't vote for to begin with! Its rigged I tells ya!

Mitt Romney still being in it somehow is pretty funny though

tgere were two rounds (noms + initial votes) thrown open to the public (w/o any prerequisite, qualification, or registration) which not only defined the electors but also their nominal voting power so yeah these later rounds are byzantine horse trading backrrom games, but yiu cant say tge process as a whole shuts out the geberal public

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Mariana Horchata posted:

idk if im comfortable with being a ceromonial head of state then, seems p bougie

While the actual powers and responsibilities of the CSPAM president are far too complicated for me to get into right now, rest assured it is not merely a ceremonial position.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Mariana Horchata posted:

A vote for Cefte is almost certainly a vote for an empty chair!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

if turdfuzz doesnt win this will have been the biggest waste of his time in his life

rudatron posted:

these are both true and why joementum should win

• Locked thread