Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Attention all warhammer troglodytes and miniature gaming degenerates! The 30k thread is proud to announce Skullapalooza 2017- the thurdy kay thread’s first miniature painting and conversion contest. The contest kicks off on January 20th and wraps exactly nine weeks later on March 24th at 24:00 PST. There are multiple prizes, several different awards, a host of celebrity judges, and some plot twist surprises. How exciting! The contest is open to everyone with an account and the only requirement for entry a toxx of your participation. Beware- this contest is intentionally light hearted and the only goal is to have fun with our hobby.

Participants have nine weeks to model and paint a single miniature. The miniature must:
  • Contain at least one skull
  • Be from a legal unit entry from any Age of Darkness army list (IE: 30k, the bestest Warhammer game)
  • Be accompanied with a clever name and three sentence background blurb
  • Contain at least two conversions to the base model
  • Be fully painted and based by the deadline

With these caveats:
  • The base cannot be larger than double the original base size
  • There is only one unit on the base and it is clearly from a legal unit entry
  • If proxied, must be reasonably identifable as the unit entry it represents
  • The base cannot be an aftermarket skull base, but can be a base with skulls glued to it
  • Vehicles do not need to be based

Entries will be given a score based on 5 sections and delivered by 5 celebrity judges:
  • Rattle Rank (number of skulls and their usage)
  • Composition
  • Artistry
  • Grogyness (how dumb your fluff is)
  • Community vote

But beware! There are six ‘special’ awards for everyone who participates. Winners in each category get a unique ‘prize’ to be revealed, one at a time, by our talented celebrity judges starting after the contest begins. What mysterious prizes are you toxxing for? Oh the suspense! The prize award categories are:
  • Overall Winner
  • Overall Looser
  • The People’s Choice
  • Skull Champ 2017
  • Skullapaloozer
  • Sigmars Judgement

To participate in Skullapaloozaa 2017 please respond to this thread with “I :toxx: Skullapalooza " by 24:00 PST on January 20th. All entries past this point will be disregarded. Caution: participation is irreversible. Once you have entered the contest there's no turning back. So buckle up buckaroo- it’s going to be a fun ride! Entries have 3 parts- a vow, a single WIP, and then a final submission. Vows will be collected one week after Jan 20th and consist of a description and proof you have started work on your project. Five weeks into the contest we will collect WIPs to show progress and your 3 sentence blurbs. Finally, all participants must submit their final entry, including final 3 sentence blurb and title, by March 24th at 24:00 PST. The following week our panel of celebrity judges will issue harsh judgments and post the results into this thread. All entries will be private until the end of the contest.

What are you waiting for? Skullapaloozaa 2017 is officially open and taking entries! Finally, a special word from Bonely, the 30k thread's official kawaii servo skull:

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonely
Jan 15, 2017

Beep. Boop. Cuckling.
:siren: Skullapaloozaa 2017 categories and judges :siren:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

quote:

1: Rattle Rank
Issued by Moola (the skeleton king) who will be METICULOUSLY CRITIQUING each entry for total skull number (MOST SKULLS). Rated 1-5 and added to overall score.

2: Composition
Issued by Arch Plague-Fiend Germ who will scrutinize submissions for artistic merit and composition. Rated 1-5 and added to overall score.

3: Artistry
Issued by Grand Remembrancer Zark the Damned who will reviewing each entry for it's use of color, light, and overall technical skill. Rated 1-5 and added to overall score.

4: Grogyness
Issued by Hollismason, Keeper of Gumbo who will be judging the Grogyness, or how well written your fluff is. Rated 1-5 and SUBTRACTED from the overall score.

5: Community vote
Issued by you, the people. Averaged 1-5 and added from the overall score.

:siren: Skullapaloozaa 2017 awards :siren:

quote:

Overall Winner
The overall winner of Skullapaloozaa 2017 is Galaspar! He wins a prize that is guaranteed to create salty pools full of tears!

Overall Looser
The overall looser is Thundercloud! Sorry dude! Your fluff was just too good!

The People’s Choice
The winner of the community vote gets banned! Just like real life! The lucky winner is ijyt! See ya later, fuckboy!

Skull Champ 2017
Hixson had the highest skull rank and gets a special skull themed prize! Yee!

Skullapaloozer
Is Panascope! He asked to get banned, but the good people came out to support your. Fear not, for their voices were heard, so instead you're getting banished for a whole month! What a great contest!

Sigmars Judgement
OMG sriracha pudding! did gently caress all! So he gets banned! Pidgin Englishman did half of what he was supposed to! So he gets probated!

Bonely fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 6, 2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I :toxx: Skullapalooza.

I've got the perfect model for this. :getin:

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I :toxx: SKULLAPALOOZA

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I :toxx: Skullapalooza! With one less a this time.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

ijyt fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 15, 2017

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
:toxx: skullapalooza

My bones are ready

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Oh cool, another toxx thread. Love the graphic design, hate your seizure avatar!

I :toxx: Skullapalooza

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I :toxx: Skullapalooza.

Gonna have the dumbest fluff.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

MY SKULL GREED IS UNMATCHED

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

This will all end in tears.

Delicious tears.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Galaspar posted:

This will all end in tears.

Delicious tears.

I'm not happy unless my skull ends up on BULBASAUR's skull throne.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Bonely's 'round
Texture like sun
Lays me down
With my mind she runs
Throughout the night
No need to fight
Never a frown
When Bonely's 'round

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

adamantium|wang posted:

Bonely's 'round
Texture like sun
Lays me down
With my mind she runs
Throughout the night
No need to fight
Never a frown
When Bonely's 'round

There are strange things done near the Terran sun
By the lord who wears all gold;
The Imperial halls have their secret tales
That would make your blood run cold;
Many servitors flights have passed queer sights,
But the queerest they ever did see
Was that time on the thread on a forum quite dead
We skulled for ol Bonely.

kill youre famil

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Already know what I'll do. It'll need to be finished in time for the goon trip to WHW as well.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
gently caress yeah, I'm a totally fiscally responsible adult who just dropped a fortune on an 'imperial knight' for this dead gay game. What better way to celebrate than to skull him the gently caress up! On these dead gay forums to boot!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
The one bit I'm not used to is "All entries will be private until the end of the contest." Does this mean we'll be submitting pictures by email or other secret means until the very end? Is this to prevent a cranial arms race as we attempt to outdo each other and steal each others inspiration about places you can stick a skull on a future-historical man dolly? Or are you, dear Bonely, simply promising that you won't use our entries for some promotional campaign/unholy offering/pain engine until it's all over?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Galaspar posted:

The one bit I'm not used to is "All entries will be private until the end of the contest." Does this mean we'll be submitting pictures by email or other secret means until the very end? Is this to prevent a cranial arms race as we attempt to outdo each other and steal each others inspiration about places you can stick a skull on a future-historical man dolly? Or are you, dear Bonely, simply promising that you won't use our entries for some promotional campaign/unholy offering/pain engine until it's all over?

Sulecrist posted:

Ban this guy tyvm.

Bonely
Jan 15, 2017

Beep. Boop. Cuckling.

Galaspar posted:

:siren: Beep. Boop. :siren:

Entries are private until end of the contest [sigmar's judgement] and will be collected through email [messenger skull]. Entries are screened [criticized] and some content will be posted [marketed] at appropriate times by staff [self] leading up to the finale. Content is private to encourage creativity [string you along, sucker] and prevent hostile competition [skull race] and will not be used for secret promotional campaigns [Bare Bones Vol 12].

Remember: The loyal servant learns to love the lash [obey]

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
May want to add a little more detail to the OP about how entries will be collected. I mean, we don't even have Bonely's contact information.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy
The opening of this thread nearly caused me to have a seizure.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
That's the power of a Primarch.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ghost Hand posted:

"All according to plan"
- Alpharius, Praetorian of Dorn, John French, Black Library, M3.16

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
The community stuff (toxxing for resin related bankruptcy) that people having been pushing in the 30k related threads has been great to see. Thanks for putting in so much work!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

The community stuff (toxxing for resin related bankruptcy) that people having been pushing in the 30k related threads has been great to see. Thanks for putting in so much work!

We won't rest until every 30k poster is either bankrupt from ill advised purchases or banned from the forums entirely.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

We won't rest until every 30k poster is either bankrupt from ill advised purchases or banned from the forums entirely.
Or dead from mesothelioma.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghost Hand posted:

SRM posted:

"All according to plan"
- Alpharius, Praetorian of Dorn, John French, Black Library, M3.16

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

Three more brave volunteers!

Right?

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Safety Factor posted:

Or dead from osteoma.

Fixed that for you.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

BULBASAUR posted:

Three more brave volunteers!

Right?

i already volunteered you doofus (notice my sic burn)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So who got the Haiku Typhon.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Yo Bonely I've started working on my entry and one of your bros ended up on it :buddy:

Bonely
Jan 15, 2017

Beep. Boop. Cuckling.
:siren:Beep. Boop.:siren:

Today is the last day to enter into Skullapaloozaa 2017. Entries will no longer be accepted after 12:00pm PST.

Remember: A small mind, like Stanyer89’s, is easily filled with faith [obey]

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

gently caress.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
So when can we start on our entries?

Bonely
Jan 15, 2017

Beep. Boop. Cuckling.
:siren: Beep. Boop.:siren:
Congratulations to the following posters who are officially part of [on the hook for] Skullapalooza 2017:
  • Hixson
  • Pidgin Englishman
  • Thundercloud
  • Galaspar
  • Lord_Hambrose
  • Hamshot
  • OMG sriracha pudding!
  • tallkidwithglasses
  • adamantium|wang
  • ijyt
  • Sulecrist
  • Safety Factor
This soulless body looks forward to your entries [forums bans]. To get started, please submit your Skullapalooza Vow by midnight PST on Jan 27th [one week from this morning]. This vow must include:
  • A short description of your project
  • A photograph showing you have started work on your project. This can be a purchase receipt, WIP, or other such equivalent. It must have a time stamp and your forums name clearly visible
  • Submissions must be emailed to bonelybot@gmail.com
Good luck- and remember: Seek no reward but the satisfaction of your Master [obey]

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Vow submitted!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
skulls and skeletons are good

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
How many skulls are to many?