Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

unions are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

you would make more money

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

The Management posted:

itt computer janitors admitting they are blue collar laborers.

all labor is labor

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

libertarianism is male astrology

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

that's cheaper than parking lmao

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I was talking to one of our techs at a bar recently: "yeah man I love working here. the hours are great and the pay is probably double what I could get anywhere else. loving hate paying union dues, though, I want to keep that money"

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

you get selected in the annual computer toucher draft if your lucky. oracle has first pick this year so hopefully your not too good

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

even at a game it's in the background. the main purpose of baseball is to hang out on a beautiful day in the summer and drink a few beers

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

this is why no one here likes baseball

it isn't football. quit expecting football. football is custom-tailored for short attention spans and people who don't know the rules

you've got people in this thread asking for between pitch time to be cut down when that's when most of the action happens for fucks sake

actually football is completely unwatchable without knowing the intricacies of the rules. its the most rules lawyering sport and absolutely nothing about the game is intuitive.

basketball is the sport for short attention spans and no rules knowing. its simple: you put the ball in the hoop, and its fast: someone puts the ball in the hoop every few seconds

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

the condensed version of games is typically around 45 minutes long and too fast to really process what's going on unless you're paying very close attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

States rights has been attacked on both sides of the political spectrum since before the civil war. It is an important part of American governance but when you have a bunch of ego-maniac's competing for King of the most powerful nation on earth, it can't last. Unfortunately without states-rights, it means that the poorest states in the union will get poorer and poorer and robber-barons will get to reenact the gilded age.

Good job guys! I'm sure those dirt-farmers are just racist or something, who cares.

actually, states rights makes lovely states shittier, because lovely states make terrible decisions in self-governance

• Locked thread