Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

wouldn't it be really difficult to fight scabs should push come to shove? with an actual physical factory you can form a picket line but how do you do that when they can just have workers tunnel in from bangalore?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

i still think the answer for tech is forming professional certifications like accountants or lawyers

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Maximo Roboto posted:

Silicon Valley coders are dumbs who get seduced by superficial benefits like beer and NERF guns and willingly work long hours until overtime and put up with stupid management decisions. The lolbertarians would sabotage any attempts to create a programmer union

this is why a professional guild is much more likely to succeed

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Bloody posted:

you would make more money

I can't even imagine the vice grip a tech union would have capitals balls in if they actually organized

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

solidarity, motherfucker, do you speak it?

I mean I'm all for workers of the world uniting but it's a genuine question. I'm guessing cutting the cables would be how you initiate the strike in this case

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

The Management posted:

oh look, we're already discussing how to bring work to a halt. I wonder why unions have a bad reputation.

i'm squinting my eyes @ this post not sure if joking or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

infernal machines posted:

OPEN YOUR EYES MAAAAAAAN!
          /

• Locked thread