Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I should call her

edit - bad snipe, gently caress me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Did some chow mein for the first time. A good success

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Gyudon for dinner tonight, topped with a raw egg, sesame seeds and sliced scallion. :toot:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I’ll keep the Asian theme going with some salmon teriyaki.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Asia train keep rollin'

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Meal prep tonight was an experiment. I recently watched a video from Middle Eats for a Turkish kebab recipe and what shortly followed was another YouTube video about sausage rolls. That combination lived rent free in my head for about a week when my farm share delivered me a pound of ground lamb. So I gave it a shot, mixed it with some ground up onion, garlic, parsley, plenty of paprika, then I wrapped it in puff pastry, slapped on an egg wash and topped with za'atar before throwing it into an oven pre-heated to 400 F for 20-25 minutes.

The end result was surprisingly pretty good.

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 13, 2024

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Meal prep tonight was an experiment. I recently watched a video from Middle Eats for a Turkish kebab recipe and what shortly followed was another YouTube video about sausage rolls. That combination lived rent free in my head for about a week when my farm share delivered me a pound of ground lamb. So I gave it a shot, mixed it with some ground up onion, garlic, plenty of paprika, then I wrapped it in puff pastry, slapped on an egg wash and topped with za'atar before throwing it into an oven pre-heated to 400 F for 20-25 minutes.

The end result was surprisingly pretty good.

That looks great

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I'll take six

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Belated mother's day celebration

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I made the Isotope Hot Dog from that one Simpsons episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NakwO9nen8k

I had to substitute padron peppers in because fresh jalapenos are surprisingly hard to find here in the UK, but it still turned out amazing. Mango lime salsa, padron pepper relish and grilled onion.

Deathslinger fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 21, 2024

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Deathslinger posted:

I had to substitute padron peppers in because fresh jalapenos are surprisingly hard to find here in the UK, but it still turned out amazing

Looks great. I know Asda and Sainsbury's both have fresh jalapeños in the section with lemongrass, garlic, etc. Often just labelled as chillis and you get a mix of red and green.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Bollock Monkey posted:

Looks great. I know Asda and Sainsbury's both have fresh jalapeños in the section with lemongrass, garlic, etc. Often just labelled as chillis and you get a mix of red and green.
Funnily enough, I got the padrons from Asda! :v:

I guess the fact they weren't explicitly labelled as jalapenos threw me a bit, but I'll remember that for next time. Cheers!

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Deathslinger posted:

I guess the fact they weren't explicitly labelled as jalapenos threw me a bit, but I'll remember that for next time. Cheers!

Never heard of these padrons peppers. However, I wanted to express how wild it would be for me to NOT see at least fresh Jalapeño, Habanero, Pasillia/Poblano & Anaheim peppers at any of the available markets around me. I know living in Az the demographics for these are much higher but , makes me rethink and appreciate my selection. Really the whole Mexican isle is awesome, pro tip go there to buy your spices cause they are half the cost of McCormicks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Curry time

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Deathslinger posted:

Happy to help!

sterster posted:

Never heard of these padrons peppers. However, I wanted to express how wild it would be for me to NOT see at least fresh Jalapeño, Habanero, Pasillia/Poblano & Anaheim peppers at any of the available markets around me. I know living in Az the demographics for these are much higher but , makes me rethink and appreciate my selection. Really the whole Mexican isle is awesome, pro tip go there to buy your spices cause they are half the cost of McCormicks.

Yeah, no way you're finding anything other than unlabelled jalapeños, green finger chillis, and the occasional scotch bonnet in a UK non-specialty shop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
Branzino tiraditos with habanero