Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Olpainless posted:

Had a bit of a baking day this evening, to make something for my wife to take on a double-shift tomorrow: A brie, spinach, and parmigiano puff pastry lattice.

Yesterday was risotto day, with a sundried tomato, chicken and basil risotto:

And, seeing as it should actually be illegal to NOT make arancini the day after:

Fantastic job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jhet posted:

It certainly looks like you succeeded.

:hmmyes:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Olpainless posted:

Because sometimes you just need runny eggs, meat, and crumpets.

this is beautiful

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

GramCracker posted:

How is The Food Lab, worth the pick up? Seems like theres a lot of :science: in it to read and learn about to help improve one's cooking skill

Much more just a well-edited and illustrated cookbook than it is something that really goes much into the science beyond a few paragraphs at the beginning of each major section. It does cover the science for certain things and so it's pretty good but it's less of that and more of just a very good cookbook in the end.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Had nothing to do and the house to myself today so I just smoked a bunch of weed, and at some point I tried making beef and broccoli for the first time. Came out a little saucy, but was really tasty. Haven’t had it it years.

Could have used a couple of those crinkle-cut carrots that they do at the Chinese place down the street. But I was fresh out of carrots.

This came out nice

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Couple of recent dinners and desserts. Been on a pie kick lately,

Cranberry Orange pie - came out nice, will make again.

Chess Pie - lovely overall but a bit too sweet, dialing down the sugar a bit in the next one if I can.

Roast cabbage with coconut milk and chickpeas. Bon Appetit recipe, came out well.

Chicken and sausage jambalaya

Chicken fricassee with sage and apples, roast potato and brussels

Apple crisp w vanilla ice cream

Lentil loaf w rice and gravy

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

:swoon:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Sale on lamb chops!

Too good looking for this cursed post/av combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Meal prep tonight was an experiment. I recently watched a video from Middle Eats for a Turkish kebab recipe and what shortly followed was another YouTube video about sausage rolls. That combination lived rent free in my head for about a week when my farm share delivered me a pound of ground lamb. So I gave it a shot, mixed it with some ground up onion, garlic, plenty of paprika, then I wrapped it in puff pastry, slapped on an egg wash and topped with za'atar before throwing it into an oven pre-heated to 400 F for 20-25 minutes.

The end result was surprisingly pretty good.

That looks great