Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
I don't know why, but I am surprised that those job description mugs are something in other countries than my own. I have one exactly like that, but for the job of waitress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Simple scrambled tofu and black bean breakfast burritos. Almost vegan, except cheddar was necessary. First attempt at scrambling tofu; I just used garlic, cumin and turmeric plus an onion and the peppers. Could've done with salt and pepper, which I forgot to put in somehow, and maybe a touch of salsa. Put a bit of onion, garlic, and chipotle in the beans. I would definitely scramble some tofu again!

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Fried gnocchi is the best. As is this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkXy12xVnRs

edit: This remains one of the best videos on the internet. Makes me laugh every drat time.

Just the words 'fried gnocci' are enough to bring a grin to my face. This is such an underrated internet classic.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
The first pancake is always a sacrifice to the gods that means the others are able to come out in the correct shape and with ease.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

iajanus posted:

My first attempt was a little blob of sad looking batter. It doesn't help that I don't really like pancakes so never make them.

Savoury crepes on the other hand turned out to be delicious and will be being made again.

Slice some mushrooms really thin and put them in the batter. Whack on some ham and cheese after you flip, add spinach if you want it. Great combo.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Merkin Muffley posted:

Pasta night tonight! Orecchiete with kale and shrooms in a porcini cream sauce with a duck skin cracklin’ and black truffle pangrattato cuz I dunno, why the hell not?

Decadent as all get out!

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Can we post things we didn't make but that were awesome and photographed well?

Duck confit, garlic mayo, sriracha, spring onion and kimchi on some lovely chips. I'm a fan of the South East Asian popup food that's around at the moment. Very pleasing flavour profile.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
That chocolate cake sounds like heaven.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Doom Rooster posted:

Finally opened up a 14 month old clothbound raw milk Cheschire that I made last year. Awesome. Tastes like a combination between a super sharp cheddar and parmigiano reggiano. Have something like 5lbs of it and will be giving away to friends.

By request of the wife to celebrate her finally getting her architect's license from the state. Dark chocolate tart(85%), dark chocolate crust with a salted bourbon pecan caramel sauce. Incredibly intense. I added zero sugar to the tart, so it was almost completely devoid of sweetness, just intense chocolate. The caramel was like 2 degrees shy of burning, so lost most of its sweetness, and what little it had was cancelled out by the salt. I sweetened the whipped cream more than I usually would to help compensate. Serious loving business. Heavenly, but really only need a few bites.

Hi, I'm sorry we haven't met yet, I am happy to offer my friendship services!

kumba posted:

and there we have it: a slow-cooked pork loin with a honey & almond goat cheese crust, blackberry balsamic reduction, and fried sage, with a side of roasted brussel sprouts and onions

That crust especially sounds astounding, good work.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Liquid Communism posted:

I was having a lovely night last night, so I threw myself into pie.

Sweet cherries with blackstrap rum, brandy, cinnamon, clove, and ginger. Scratch crust.

drat fine.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Starks posted:

Do you have a recipe? What do you replace the meat filling with?

I’ve been looking for a good vegan shep recipe for a while.

This recipe is veggie rather than vegan but you can figure out the substitutions I'm sure. Green lentils are a great filling, really pleasing texture.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Slow cooker 'pot roast' joint (I think it's brisket?) - put it over a bed of onions and added some stock, super simple. With skin-on mash and blanched spring greens that were then briefly fried with some garlic. Au jus from the slow cooker pot.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Obviously it's brinner.

Some great plates on this page and I am regretting my choice to read this whilst waiting for dinner to cook because now I want all of it.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

How Wonderful! posted:

It was really hot tonight so I made cold sesame noodles with tofu and quick pickled cucumbers. I only had a really mild batch of fresnos on hand so I also slopped a bunch of lao gan ma on top. I couldn't believe how pretty the scallions we have this week are so I cut them pretty thick so I could just look at 'em.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it was vegan!

Recipe please?

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Entropic posted:

The BA chicken recipe I keep going back to is the slow-roast gochujang chicken. It's ridiculously easy (get a whole chicken. Slather it in a mix of gochujang, olive oil and garlic, and bake at 300 for 3 hours) and is delicious.

Bookmarked. I very, very rarely cook chicken but this has convinced me I should soon!

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

A Sometimes Food posted:

I made scones.

I put jam and cream on the still whole one after the shot, I just wanted a picture of how tall I got them. They were so soft and buttery.

First off, not using clotted cream is illegal. Secondly, the cream goes on before the jam!!!

Looks alright otherwise, I suppose.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

tarbrush posted:

Team #jamfirst reporting in. If the jam is so runny that you can drizzle it over cream, is it really jam?

You don't drizzle the jam over? You blob it on and spread it a bit.

toplitzin posted:

Low effort red beans and rice.

This looks so comforting :3:

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Drink and Fight posted:

Tell me more about this. Did you make a red sauce? Or just yeet in tomatoes? Or is that something else?

Sounds like it's simple sausage, zucchini, spinach and red onion :v:

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Hell yeah get in me.

Looks like a comforting and happy plate.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

devmd01 posted:

We got a carton of padron peppers in our imperfect produce order, so I sautéed them in olive oil and coated liberally with kosher salt. Very tasty with a really good texture, though the heat would be too much for my wife.

I thought it was only like 1 in 10 that had any spice to them? I've never had a spicy padron. gently caress they are so good.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

LifeSunDeath posted:

these onion things were so good, like mini bloomin' onions.

I'm stunned to hear you've never had an onion bhaji before. They are pretty easy to make too!

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

NLJP posted:

Had a go at Mie ayam Jakarta.

I swear there are noodles under there

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Wife decided to cook tonight for a change and made a yummy Mongolian Beef recipe.

I would like recipes, please!

sterster posted:

Looks good.
Is this with ground beef? Were you happy with it and would you mind sharing the recipe? Do you think it'd work with Soy Boy Meatless Crumble Substitute? Wife and I have been forcing our selves to do meatless meals at least once a week. We are struggling with ideas as most of what we cook was centered around a protein and we just haven't flexed that muscle. Doesn't help we have 2 slightly picky kids who struggle with 'different' veggies.
If the aim is just to start getting into the habit of a meatless day or two per week, looking at veggie pasta dishes and browsing something like Budget Bytes could be useful as they tend pretty well towards weeknight/family-friendly stuff. I love https://vegrecipesofindia.com/ as a resource, and it might also help with inspo, since you can look at how much effort you want to make. The thread TychoCelchuuu posted is good as well, but I find it can be a bit overwhelming because there's such a huge variety there.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Thanks, both!

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Fall Dog posted:

I made vegan Cajun red beans and rice (but added sausages I smoked earlier in the day to my portion).

It was the first time trying it out so I have no idea what the authentic dish tastes like, but my partner and I were very happy with what I produced. I think next time I might try adding a splash of cider vinegar just before serving to try to make up for the lack of pickled meat.

Sounds great, did you use a recipe?

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Fall Dog posted:

I followed this recipe for the most part, though substituted the dry beans for three cans of red kidney beans. I also used half the required liquid because I wasn't going to be simmering as long.

I've just seen the Cajun/Creole thread, which has a few versions of this recipe.

Thank you! This is definitely going on the regular rotation. Really yummy.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Raikiri posted:

I bought a Poussin, a lovely delicate French ingredient.

So I deboned it and made a whole chicken fried chicken sando, mozz, red onion, fresh basil and pickles.

YES :five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
That lamb/aubergine stripy business is very pleasing.