Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

large hands posted:

everything bagel sausage rolls

Yes please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Homemade gravlax is an easy way to use a bunch of dill.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Framboise posted:

And it's delicious.

Like I never thought I'd like pate but then I had it on a banh mi and it all just made sense.

Pate is definitely one of those things that sounds awful in theory, but tastes awesome once you try it.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

How much or little you grill them is purely up to you. I'd probably grill less but I'm also not a huge fan of mushrooms to begin with.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Both look good but the "green curry" descriptor threw me off for a moment - I'd already scrolled down to the creme caramel and thought "Huh, that's the weirdest goddamn curry I've ever seen."

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

kaworu posted:

Thank you! It really ended up tasting amazing - a good sign was that pretty much every piece of meat was gone after 5 minutes, and by the end of the night my roommate was arguing with me about who would get to gnaw on the bone - so much flavor on that thing.

Only sad thing is that I bought that cut of meat like 2 weeks ago at my local grocery store, and I haven't seen another one being sold there since then - for that matter I don't really remember ever seeing it on sale before then, either. I'd love to buy another one (it was a Swift "Bone-in Frenched Ribeye") but have no clue where I'd even go to find another one. Costco, I guess? I suppose it's finally time to became a member there...

If your grocery store did it once, they can do it again. You may have to ask for it in advance, but talk to someone at the butcher counter and see if they can help.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

That makes me want sloppy joes for some weird reason. May have to do that next week.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

my gf is in vegas for a conference. this was her meal at the end of the conference "pool side gala"

edit: this was at the mirage

Semi-curious to know which conference this was, those meals always come down to the conference host's budget - if the food is dire, it means the host decided to spend less. I used to go to Vegas every year for an IBM conference, and the difference in F&B quality was noticeable between IBM's good and bad years.

Edit: I'm not advocating you name the conference, not trying to doxx - just curious to know who's skimping on conference meals in Vegas these days.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Doom Rooster posted:

Much like I have never had a homemade* bbq sauce better than Stubb’s original, I have never had a homemade cranberry sauce better than Ocean Spray Jellied.

* Any bbq sauce honestly. I spent years at home trying recipes, and then 18 months at a restaurant trying, and never succeeded. Stubb’s is the platonic ideal of BBQ sauce**

** Texas style. Obviously not taking into consideration completely different styles of sauce.

I'd take Rudy's over Stubb's, but not by much. Stubb's is still very solid (though I prefer the spicy).

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

sterster posted:

Looks good.
Is this with ground beef? Were you happy with it and would you mind sharing the recipe? Do you think it'd work with Soy Boy Meatless Crumble Substitute? Wife and I have been forcing our selves to do meatless meals at least once a week. We are struggling with ideas as most of what we cook was centered around a protein and we just haven't flexed that muscle. Doesn't help we have 2 slightly picky kids who struggle with 'different' veggies.

Is cheese OK or are you going vegan? One fun option with kids is to make French bread pizza - Kenji's recipe is dead simple and by making individual portions, it allows your slightly picky kids to pick their own vegetable toppings.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

That sounds incredible, and it reminds me that there's a Middle Eastern grocery store about 10 minutes from me. Guess I'm making a trip there soon to pick up dried limes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

ihop posted:

That's one of my favorite meals. Persian stores will have packets of dried herbs that are much more convenient than processing all the fresh stuff and taste just as good. I always serve it with a simple cucumber/tomato/onion salad and a big dollop of plain yogurt.

Good to know! Thanks!