Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

paraquat posted:

^Nice^
I made some black bean soup that perfectly matched the color of my table

I don't know why I did this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

I made a shrimpaletta last night, it ended up really good! Sauteed shrimp, muffaletta olive mix, tomatoes, lettuce, some parmesan, and a bit of hot sauce. The bread was too thick but it was my first time baking bread so I'm actually really happy with how well it turned out.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Really wanted buffalo wings yesterday but I only had drumsticks. Proud of how this little guy turned out looking.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Spaghetti-o's Bloody Mary, would not recommend.

Uh Oh

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Framboise posted:

I'm not as amazing as you guys but my girlfriend got me a big, red, glossy cast iron dutch oven for Christmas this year, and I decided to take it on its maiden voyage with a pot of zuppa toscana.

It's delicious.

Wololo

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Framboise posted:

drat you even inverted the color of the stovetop! :v:

man I need to make another batch of that stuff, wasn't it great?

I actually really didn't care for it, but I think that's because of the sausage I used. As soon as I smelled it as it started to brown I thought "oh dear, I hope something is going to mask this flavor." Tasted like McDonalds breakfast sausage. The rest of it was great though, especially dipped in garlic bread.

Another soup I made in my dutch oven (which was also a christmas gift) was this tomato soup. Nothing fancy but I was pretty happy with how it looked, especially since I'm just starting to care about plating thanks to this thread.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Thanks to y'all for posting about the Budget Bytes Dragon Noodles a few pages ago, I had never heard of it or the website before. Made that and it was great, made their cajun chicken pasta tonight. Forgot to take a picture so here's one of the leftovers before they went in the fridge, but drat it was good

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

franco posted:

There we go, some badly chopped green onions!:

Looks great! Speaking of badly chopped green onions, what is the secret to properly chopping and separating green onions, goons? I usually try to kinda squeeze them between my fingers or roll them in my palm but they just slide out of my hand or split apart until I get annoyed and give up.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

I can slice 'em just fine, it's separating the inside from the out that gives me trouble, though looking at Kenji's pics I think my problem is I'm not slicing them nearly thin enough. Thank you all!

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

kumba posted:

and now, after last night's fanciness, baked buffalo wings using the baking powder method. never tried that before, turned out great

Never heard of it, but those look excellent. Definitely going to give it a try instead of deep frying next time I make wings.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

My dinner wasn't very photogenic but my sister just sent me these pictures of the turkey she made and I felt like they were worth sharing.

Friend fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

BBQ Dave posted:

Scallops St. Jaques (shallots, wine, mushrooms, gruyere)

Had frozen shallots that needed cooking... so I went with this Chef John video. Probably one of the best things I've cooked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YymAA-1YrYQ

Made this tonight to re-examine my feelings toward scallops. Still not a big fan, but even though I hosed up some parts, that dang sauce with the mushrooms and shallots was awesome. Won't make it again but zero regrets!