Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Just made a sort of Shakshuka for staff food today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Doom Rooster posted:

Chipotle Chicken with Black Beans and Brown Rice. was freaking awesome. Sauce is basically Chile Colorado, with chipotle. Gonna put that poo poo on everything.

Sauce looks great, it's a shame that it's quite difficult to get decent quality dried chillis over here, at least in my experience.

Made Caico e Pepe for lunch (yes it's linguine, all I had):

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

kumba posted:

Made harissa yesterday morning and then last night made shakshuka for the first time

Where has shakshuka been all my life holy gently caress was that good

I made it a few weeks back, it was great. Definitely something I would make again.

Also just got back from Hungary where I tried paprika goulash, which I will definitely be making.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

VelociBacon posted:

Looks amazing, did you bake the salmon skin up? How did you keep the flesh from drying out if so?

Not sure about slothrop but I usually pan sear for a few minutes, then in the oven for 4-5 mins then finish with a little butter and lemon.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Grilled lamb chops, pea and mint giant couscous and tenderstem broccoli.

The fat cap on the lamb chops was a bit excessive, tasted great though.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Using up the giant couscous, grilled octopus with roasted veg.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

What's the texture on cooked octopus like? I've only ever had it on nigiri and my wife hates how rubbery it is but I enjoy it.

This was still slightly rubbery, but quite tender. Definitely not chewy.

I boiled it in 1% saltwater for 40 mins then in an ice bath (prepped at work for dinner the following day). Then grilled it at high heat for 3-4 minutes before serving.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

slothrop posted:

steak, leeks, potatoes

Nice. How's the Mac btw? Been looking at them and Tojiros for work.

Made piri piri wings:

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Doom Rooster posted:

Crossposting from the cook or die thread.

Málà Spicy Scotchuan Egg, served with Korean Chili Lime Aioli, Cured Numbing Quail Egg and Roasted Sesame Broccolini with Fried Shallots.

Looks amazing, can I get a recipe on that aioli?

I'm trying to go Vegan for the week, just to try different things. But I did staff food yesterday for everyone else which consisted of a burger using:

Rosemary Focaccia roll
7Oz Veal Burger
Vegan garlic aioli
Crispy fried onion strings
Spinach
Plum Tomato

The rolls were too big but people seemed to enjoy them.

Dessert was a dark chocolate and hazelnut mousse:

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
The chicken looks great, radicchio can suck a dick though.

I wanted some onion bhajis, so I made some with cucumber raita.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
I'm going to have to start using up my pasta and other dried goods, but before then 7Oz Sirloin, sweetcorn, asparagus, and pickled chillis.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Tonkatsu:

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

What's that sauce? Looks miso-y but not the Nagoya style.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/you-it-katsu-curry

Basically this but I passed it through a sieve to smooth it out a bit more, I doubt it's very authentic.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

I was saying okay to that sauce until it went loving wild at the end there, lol. There are a lot of different secret ingredients people put in their Japanese curry though. I've never seen coconut milk or maple syrup, but I bet people do it.

This is super good, recommend for your next katsu adventure: https://www.justonecookbook.com/nagoya-miso-katsu/

That looks better, I'll have to order some Miso as it's not really a common item here outside of Asian markets. Saying that neither is Mirin, Sake or Dashi...

Edit: I used honey, maple syrup would be very odd imo.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

Where are you? It might be hard to get hatcho miso, but I've been able to find it online in the US. Dashi you'll make at home, but for something like this you can just buy the granulated form: https://www.amazon.com/Ajinomoto-Dashi-Soup-Stock-4-23/dp/B0002YB40O It's worth making dashi from scratch for something where it's a star flavor, in this case or in a curry I wouldn't bother. Powdered dashi is pretty good for an instant food.

UK

There are online suppliers but stock is all over the place right now, understandably.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Roast chicken, garlic spuds and salad:

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Mango salsa, rice and beans and mango/chilli glazed chicken breast.

Raikiri fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 16, 2020

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Fenris13 posted:

I am happy to see you are practicing social fishtancing.

Pft. Fish breathe through their gills, that mask is useless.

Dinner last night:

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Olpainless posted:

A few things over the past couple of weeks for myself and the better half:

Hot and spicy chicken and halloumi skewers on chargrilled pepper and onion with salt, parsley and pink pepper shoestring fries.

Everything looked nice, but these in particular. Would.

I made an enourmous cauliflower cheese w/ crispy bacon, spring onion and pork loin steaks.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
My brother dropped off a present for me earlier today:

So I made pan-seared seabass w/ tomato and garlic couscous, roasted San Marzano tomatoes and a garlic lemon butter.

6h from sea to plate, can't get much fresher than that.

BraveUlysses posted:

Thai satay pizza, used peanut sauce for the pizza sauce

Pizza good. Satay good. Together? Probably good.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

mystes posted:

Should this be "ancho chili powder"? Or is "nacho chili powder" a thing?

Nacho chilli powder sounds pretty bomb though, as a popcorn seasoning or something.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Fenris13 posted:

https://store.kernelseasons.com/cheesy-jalapeno-popcorn-seasoning

That is pretty close, and I can't imagine anyone being shocked by its existence.

We don't seem to get any of this kind of thing in the UK.

Edit: Actually I have found this brand, although not this specific flavour... £7-8, so $10-11. What a rip off.

Raikiri fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 13, 2020

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Made pork and spring onion potstickers from scratch. Folding dough/crimping is a skill I've yet to learn.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

large hands posted:

Yeah those look killer. Hot water dough?

Yep, 120g flour, 135ml ish hot water with a tsp salt. Kneaded 10 mins, then rested and rolled.

Also wish I had chopsticks, eating them with a fork just looks wrong.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Getting in on the broccoli.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Goddamn I need a pizza oven.

Very cheap flat iron steak, garlic broccoli, and bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
I wonder if the extraction fan in my kitchen could handle a BBQ.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

prayer group posted:

You mean like, setting up a charcoal grill in your kitchen? Don't do that.

Only one way to find out.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Looks very fresh, I love Langoustine too.

Did you use a melon baller for the avocado?

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Pan seared Gnocchi in garlic butter w/ wild mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, roasted pepper puree and beet pickled cauliflower.

Eaten very quickly over a bin because a server hosed up :hfive: Thank you server.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

Oh dang, I've legit never done the chicken right in. Usually I roast the chicken and add the shredded flesh into the soup.

Poached chicken looks very bland but it's usually very tender.

https://tasty.co/recipe/hainanese-chicken-rice

I've done something like this a few times and it's good.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Roasted squash and roasted garlic puree, purple potato, tenderstem broccoli, griddled bratwurst and toasted sunflower seeds.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Wish I'd had panko for the croquettes, was good though.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
No special event this side of the pond so I made General Tso's chicken with a cucumber sesame salad.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Lunch rather than dinner, but stir fried chicken and veggies.

Minced thighs w/ soy, chilli, lemongrass, spring onion, MSG then made a random stir fry sauce.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Korean style wings.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Grilled Bream, butterflied, deboned and stuffed with aromatics and homemade Thai green curry paste. Rice and stir-fried sesame/ginger pak choi.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Made pork gyro/kebab:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
^ Looks great.

I made pork dumplings, same filling in them all just trying different folding methods as I suck at all of them.