Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I miss beans. My wife can’t eat them :(

Like she becomes explosive or something? Can she eat peas and chickpeas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Elfriede Shrempf posted:

Just started using beef cheeks for tacos and wow. The flavor and texture go so well with the lightly crispy tortillas. I made a roasted poblano, jalapeño and avocado sauce and topped them with raw white onion and cotija. The orange sauce is a store bought chili paste.

It's been too long sincr I've had barbacoa...

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
There are lots of chilis you can use. They don't all taste nor behave the same as cayenne. It's like saying you tried cheese but the half pound of Stilton you used made the food taste funny.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Inspector 34 posted:

Oh I know. I didn't say I'd never try another chili pepper ever again and I'm not swearing off cayenne altogether either. It just didn't work out in this particular recipe.

I'm just saying that's a weird choice for mac and cheese since cayenne is sweet if you can get past the almost pure heat of it.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I don't understand. They open when they're ready and pull out of the shell easy enough. Shrimp or any arthropod takes way more effort to clean and cook. Almost every other bivalve works the same as mussels so I'm just utterly confused.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That's food. Peppers and chilis have seeds and stems, nuts have shells, peas and beans have pods, fur, scales, bones and cartilage, squash skins, citrus rinds, avocado pits, stone fruit stones, fuckin teeth and nails of all kinds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah, crawfish come with an empty bucket for a reason.