Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I just made a prawn and chorizo paella and, against pretty much any recipe I could find used fish stock instead of chicken or vegetable. Now I’m mad that these recipes are incorrectly telling people to use chicken stock cos oh my god it was amazing and the fish stock really added a lot of flavour and depth

A surprising amount of the recipes also added the chorizo quite late and to my mind that should be going in first to impart its juices at the earliest possible opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Pair with Khlav Khlash

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Soy marinaded seared tuna; grapefruit, ginger and sesame emulsion; fresh grapefruit; potato and spring onion rosti; purple sprouting broccoli.

Pretty happy with this. The tuna was cooked and seasoned perfectly and the rosti held together and crisped up nicely. Next time i’d replace the broccoli with samphire (they didn’t have any at the shop today) and make a grapefruit juice concentrate to add to the emulsion, as well as quite possibly some gelatin/gum to thicken it as it was quite a bit thinner than I’d have liked, and the grapefruit didn’t zing sufficiently.

E: excuse my messy kitchen lol

Jakabite fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 19, 2024