Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Homemade ricotta gnocchi, mushroom cream sauce, chicken breast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

I may have officially lost my mind. My wife and I made a sushi donut. Not a ring of rice with sushi toppings, a literal sushi donut:

Sushi Donut by charliebravo77, on Flickr

Rice flour dough, soy sauce gel, tuna sashimi, pickled ginger, wasabi white chocolate, tobiko, seaweed. Tastes great.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Seared scallops with chili oil and charred & sauteed chard, leek and spinach. Not bad, definitely went overboard on the chili oil.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

angor posted:

No one said anything about this. Looks incredible!

Thanks! The leftovers were even better.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

I got filmed for a cooking segment about hunting, wild game and cooking so I made a venison recipe with a blueberry sauce, then ate it for dinner. I hate being on the wrong side of a camera lens but I still managed to grab some of my own photos of the prep and final product.

Venison w/ Blueberry Sauce by charliebravo77, on Flickr

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

Nice but I wish you had taken a shot of the blueberries so we knew how they looked (kidding).

:v:
Would you believe I met someone who was in their mid 30s, born and raised in the US in a middle class household and had never eaten a blueberry before?

quote:

Looks delicious of course. How was the sauce? Would you do it again for yourself?

It's a great dish, my wife even likes it and she only barely tolerates venison.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Made Sesame Mochi Cake from Bon Appetit with the wife tonight. Came out a bit darker than their photos and the caramel was too loose to stay on top but otherwise I like it quite a bit. It's got that mochi-like chewiness in the cake itself and a super rich and nutty flavor from all the sesame.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Crispy Pork, Fried Tofu & Mushroom Congee

Congee by charliebravo77, on Flickr

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Homemade Chick-Fil-A style sandwich with boneless skinless thighs and homemade CFA sauce. A+++ would recommend splattering oil all over your kitchen.

DIY Chick-Fil-A by charliebravo77, on Flickr

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Oneiros posted:

:circlefap: welp, i know what i'm planning for dinner tomorrow. hope i've got enough peanut oil.

I used regular vegetable oil since I don't regularly have peanut around. Tasted great anyway.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

kumba posted:

Yeah I used sunflower oil a few weeks ago when I had a similar hankering and while it wasn't perfect, still turns out fine

Now that I know how easy it is to recreate chick-fil-a sauce though.. that poo poo is dangerous

Yeah, it's just mayo, mustard, bbq sauce and honey. Super simple.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Fresh pasta mushroom stroganoff with wilted kale & parm for dinner.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Eat This Glob posted:

dinner looks good but :stare: at the pics. goddamn

Photography is one of many hobbies and I can't shoot much outside of the house right now :stonklol:

edit -

Not to be outdone my wife made Oreo Biscuits & Gravy

charliebravo77 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 11, 2020

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

You can eat biscuits and gravy for dinner.

Biscuits & Gravy by charliebravo77, on Flickr

Chorizo makes it dinner food.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Shrimp and Grits with bacon, kale, mushrooms, onion and chorizo.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Made some ramen for dinner. Started the noodles (https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2020/04/easy-ramen-noodles.html) last night, then tonight made a soup base from turkey stock made with thanksgiving's bones, dashi, miso, etc. Cooked some pork belly sous vide then crisped and glazed it in the bag juice, agave and soy sauce. Also started some soy eggs the other day for tonight. Had some mushrooms that needed to be used so sauteed them with some onion and seasoned with togarashi. Not exactly authentic, but tasted great.

Bakedbaking soda is kind of a pain in the dick and it smells weird, but the noodles had that classic ramen bite to them so I guess I can't argue with the results of making your own caustic powders at home.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

droll posted:

Why is creating soda ash difficult? One just bakes baking soda in the oven, right? Did you wear gloves when handling?

It's just time consuming and I'm impatient. Doing the full amount in the recipe takes 2-5 hours. We only baked 30g and it still took like 2.5 hours to get to the right weight.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

blixa posted:

That looks insanely amazing.

What sort of pasta cutter are you using?

Marcato Design 8320 Atlas 150 https://amzn.to/35QQ4jP
It comes with the fettucini & spaghetti/tagliolini cutter attachment, but you can get all sorts of shape cutters for it including one for ravioli that looks intriguing.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Ramp and short rib frittata for brunch

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Caprese Avocado Toast

Now I'll never buy a house :[

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

My wife brought home some farm fresh rainbow carrots from work today so I decided to try something a little different.

Sous Vide Salmon with Carrot Top Chimichurri and Pink Peppercorn Glazed Carrot Ribbons

Salmon w/Carrots & Chimichurri by charliebravo77, on Flickr

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Made cassoulet yesterday for the first time and it's unbelievable.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Venison quesabirria tacos for later

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Happy birthday to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I missed this but just wanted to make sure it was recognized. Any post in this thread that causes a Pavlovian response deserves a salute.

:patriot: At ease, soldier.