Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Some coconut curry chicken soup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Woah, what's your recipe?

In a big pot on medium heat, add

3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
2 Tbsp red curry paste
2 Tbsp oil, I like sesame

Cook for 5ish minutes (until the curry paste darkens a bit and it smells heavenly); then, add

8 oz diced chicken breast

Cook until just barely opaque, 5-6 minutes; then, add

6 oz coconut milk
32 oz chicken broth
16 oz water
2 Tbsp fish sauce

Bring to a boil, add salt/water depending on your desired saltiness; then, add

6-8 oz rice vermicelli noodles*

Stir it all up, ladle into bowls, garnish with scallions, cilantro, lime juice. Takes about 20 minutes to make and it's as good as it looks.

* If you're cooking for one or are otherwise planning on having leftovers, I do not suggest adding the noodles to the pot, and would instead highly encourage you to add a portion of noodles to your personal bowl and pour the soup over them. The thin noodles will NOT reheat well because they will turn to mush and you will be sad.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
A few highlights from the past week:

Made coconut curry soup again, this time with shrimp. Bonus movie theatre candy and dog toy in the background

Definitely not the prettiest thing in the world: spicy peanut soup with kale and red onion, with a ton of berbere, garlic, and ginger

Salmon w/ crispy skin over soba noodles with cucumber, eggplant, and gochujiang

Also made a huge pot of chicken soup yesterday. Just a whole chicken, veggies, water, salt & pepper. Forgot to take a picture. We love soup in this house.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

- After bringing the soup to a boil, I like to poach a few eggs in there along with it. Much less work than trying to peel hard/soft boiled eggs :v:

Glad you enjoy it! Poached eggs is an excellent idea that I am definitely trying next time we make this.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Turkey sandwiches with leftover Kenji's 3-ingredient mac

Turkey tenderloins marinated in dijon mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, black pepper, and a smashed roasted garlic clove, browned in oil on a skillet and finished in the oven.

Sandwich: toasted bread, melted swiss, layer of turkey, arugula, roasted garlic mayo (12 cloves garlic roasted, then blended with 1 cup mayo, 1 tsp Worcestershire, 1 Tbsp lemon juice)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know what doorstop sandwiching means, but thanks :)

Now I need to figure out what to do with the rest of this garlic mayo. Think I might make some fries this weekend for dipping

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Pan-seared salmon with crispy skin and orange soy glaze, brown rice, zucchini fritters

More coconut curry soup again because I can't eat this often enough seriously I make this every week

SHROOMS

SHROOMS AND BEEF

Stroganoff!

First time making stroganoff, had way too much liquid. Will change it up for next time but the flavors came together well all things considered. It was actually better the next day since it had time to thicken a bit overnight.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Salmon w/ crispy skin over green curry & veggies (zucchini, red bell pepper, bok choy), topped with green onions and basil

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

hakimashou posted:

Passing this along:

incredible :five:

sticking with the ranch theme

Roasted turkey leg, kenji's 3 ingredient mac, side salad of spinach / broccoli slaw / tomato, with ranch obviously because gently caress you

for the turkey leg, I sauteed some shallot and garlic in butter, then added that to 2 Tbsp cold butter to soften it a bit along with salt / white pepper / marjoram / thyme / rosemary, then slathered that poo poo all over the turkey legs and roasted them for about an hour at 375. they were awesome

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
sticking with "poultry leg with sides" theme, i have a pair of chicken drumsticks marinated in soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and rice vinegar browned then simmered in a pan, alongside kale w/ garlic, shallot, and lemon and buttery white rice

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Roasted veggies (sweet onion, red onion, zucchini - basically all the poo poo I had on hand), sauteed shrimp, rice

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
burgs - both with cheddar, tomato, green onion, and vidalia onion relish; one with a pickle, the other with sauteed mushrooms/garlic/green onions

watermelon salad - diced melon, feta, pecans, black pepper, olive oil

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Turkey meatballs with jalapeņo, cucumber, edamame, peanuts, peanut sauce & cilantro over brown rice

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
tacos! steak, pico, avocado, cilantro, lime crema

sockeye salmon, spicy soba noodles w/ eggplant, cucumber, green onion, kale, cilantro. recipe shamelessly stolen from blue apron

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

I love the gnocchi from Trader Joe's, it's so goddamn cheap compared to anywhere else! Yesterday I fried up a whole package in sardine oil and tossed in tomatoes, fresh mint and basil from the garden, and spinach. Very delicious and also quite appealing to look at.

You and me both, we almost always have a bag of each kind in our freezer when we're in the mood for a really easy dinner. Super tasty foundation for whatever else you want to add to it

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo that laugh. Thanks for the video that 3 minutes uplifted my day

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
that's beautiful, my mouth is watering

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I made a bunch of stock today from Thanksgiving leftovers

stock for days

e: it's nothing to look at, but for dinner was turkey pot pie:

it was really tasty though

kumba fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 26, 2017

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

that's a can of worms, not beans

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Before:

After:

w/ au jus and horseradish, sauteed kale and mushrooms, smashed potatoes, shredded oxtail

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
first time making sushi/nigiri in a long time

spicy salmon skin, tuna, and salmon nigiri

spicy tuna roll, and salmon, avocado, cucumber roll

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
dinner last night: tuna three ways - seared with sesame seeds, nigiri, spicy tuna handroll w/ scallions

breakfast this morning: leftover taco meat salad w/ greek yogurt and salsa, topped with a fried egg

lunch was seared salmon rice bowl with avocado and cucumber

dinner tonight: made vegetable stock yesterday for lentil soup

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I stick to wild caught fish for sushi since those are iced immediately

I go to our local fishmonger and generally ask what was in their most recent delivery and go from there, definitely would not trust supermarket fish or anything farmed

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Republicans posted:

Last night I made a frozen pizza where the instructions said to pre-heat the oven to 415° and I get mad every time I think about it. Like, where the gently caress do you get off not baking at a temp divisible by 25? Ooooooo, look at me, I'm special!

Goddamn fancy-rear end bitch pizza.

username post combo

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
soup

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

UNCUT PHILISTINE posted:

Was craving butter chicken like crazy, so I made some. Turned out pretty good

looks nice! we made some vegetable vindaloo on monday which turned out good. i've been using concentrate from the indian mart in town but i want to try making my own vindaloo soon, seems easy enough

veggies (zucchini, yellow squash, carrot, garlic, ginger, shallot, red onion, mushrooms)

finished (added the sauce + tomato puree, a sliver of coconut cream, and roasted potatoes)

served with trader joe's garlic naan because i'm lazy and hate baking

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Casu Marzu posted:

Panko breaded juustoleipä cheese sandwich with lettuce, onion and tomato.

i have never heard of that cheese but holy gently caress i don't think i've ever wanted a sandwich more than i want that right now

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Decided to try something different tonight and cook vegetarian. Turned out really good!

Roasted broccoli & quinoa, roasted asparagus w/ red pepper and lemon juice, and sauteed portabello mushrooms w/ shallot, garlic, and green onion. I heated some butter in a pan and threw in the garlic, shallot, and lower green onions, then threw in the mushrooms when that was fragrant along with some sprigs of rosemary and more butter. Then just cooked until the shrooms were nice and brown.

e: vv thanks :)

given how good this turned out I think I want to start cooking vegetarian at least once a week. I love indian food too so some curry w/ mushrooms instead of beef or lamb is gonna be good

kumba fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 25, 2018

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the juxtaposition of last night's dinner with tonight's - i went as far from vegetarian as possible: hot dogs

boar's head, all beef, natural casing. delicious. buns from publix bakery, because gently caress yeah fresh buns

chop up some leftover veg from last night. more shallot, green onion, and garlic

pan. butter.

add said veg, add salt and pepper, cook

throw them dogs in there. want to get the skin a lil brown without popping them. now, for the ultimate in hot dog toppings

accept no substitute. dump that bad boy in there

have a beer! while that poo poo is simmering, slice and toast your buns. now, it's assembly time

a line of yellow mustard on each toasted bun. then fish out your dogs and get them into the action

next, get all that delicious chili out of that pan, and top with more shallot and green onion

revel in your creation. you're the god drat king of the household, eat like it

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

McStephenson posted:

Unf

What is this deliciousness: want to make

basically this with red onion added at the end too. also works with shrimp, just cook them less than you would the chicken

kumba posted:

In a big pot on medium heat, add

3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
2 Tbsp red curry paste
2 Tbsp oil, I like sesame

Cook for 5ish minutes (until the curry paste darkens a bit and it smells heavenly); then, add

8 oz diced chicken breast

Cook until just barely opaque, 5-6 minutes; then, add

6 oz coconut milk
32 oz chicken broth
16 oz water
2 Tbsp fish sauce

Bring to a boil, add salt/water depending on your desired saltiness; then, add

6-8 oz rice vermicelli noodles*

Stir it all up, ladle into bowls, garnish with scallions, cilantro, lime juice. Takes about 20 minutes to make and it's as good as it looks.

* If you're cooking for one or are otherwise planning on having leftovers, I do not suggest adding the noodles to the pot, and would instead highly encourage you to add a portion of noodles to your personal bowl and pour the soup over them. The thin noodles will NOT reheat well because they will turn to mush and you will be sad.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
thai red curry shrimp & veg over brown rice

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
tacos last night

breaded & baked fish, quick pickled red onion, cilantro lime yogurt, tomato, avocado, shaved carrot, more cilantro

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Human Tornada posted:

It is totally bizarre to me that people can eat cold corn tortillas. It's like eating an unpeeled orange or something.

it took me a while to discover how much better heated tortillas with a little char are than their unwarmed counterparts, but yeah once you go there you never go back

also, i work with a woman who eats unpeeled oranges like apples. growing up in soviet russia incentivizes not wasting anything

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
beef stroganoff

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
The former

Salmon rolls, tuna hand rolls, panko grouper, and fried salmon skin

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
beef madras with veg, not the prettiest picture but delicious nonetheless. store bought yogurt and naan not pictured

buttered angel hair with chicken sausage, fresh romano, and fried sage

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Watermelon salad with feta, toasted pumpkin seeds, black pepper, and olive oil

And a boil with shrimp taters and corn with nothing but old bay and butter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy