Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
Spaghetti Arrabiata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

emotive posted:

Soba with shiitake broth, miso roasted carrots and soft boiled egg.

What's your technique on the egg? Looks perfect

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
Some sort of salad thing with sauteed mushroom, roasted baby gem lettuce, beets, warm chickpeas with tahini dressing, and soft boiled eggs.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
Kale salad with green beans, pine nuts, raisins, Syrian cheese, eggs, and homegrown cherry tomatoes. I had my doubts going into this, but it was WAY better than I thought it would be!

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
Porcini risotto, herbed goat cheese, parmesan crisp, arugula, chive flowers.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
Butternut squash risotto, rosemary browned butter, toasted pine nuts, goat cheese.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

BrianBoitano posted:

Both of those look delicious.

Recipe?

I didn't really use one, and may have been half in the bag when I started cooking :D

Sweated down some onion and garlic while I heated some butternut squash puree I had in the freezer (roast butternut squash with salt and olive oil - blend). Added the rice to the aromatics and cooked until I got impatient. Then half a glass of white wine, stir, veg stock, stir, veg stock, stir, etc. Toward the end I added the now warm puree, salt and pepper. Threw some butter in a pan and some fresh rosemary as it started to bubble and browned (I wasn't actually going for brown butter, but it was a happy accident). Toasted up some pine nuts. Plated and crumbled some goat cheese over the top.

The rosemary got super crispy. The whole thing was insanely good. Will definitely be making this again!

angor fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 23, 2017

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
I've been meaning to make proper falafel ever since I got a falafel dropper thingy. Finally got around to doing it.

Fresh out of the fryer

Interior

Lunch!

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

Ranter posted:

Those are some moist looking falafel right there.

I think they actually could've done with a touch more liquid in the mix. Will soak for a full 24 hours next time (this was 15) and maybe up the onion slightly. They were incredibly crispy/crunch on the outside which was really nice. Overall I was pretty drat pleased with them!

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
Oh look, more risotto! I really should post pics of the other things I cook. I swear I cook more than just rice!

Parmesan crisps were WAY too thick and the risotto was a tad drier than I like but it's tough cooking risotto for 4 in a karahi on an electric stove!

angor fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 17, 2017

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

The Midniter posted:

img-nosuchthing.png

Guys, if the parmesan crisps aren't thin enough you don't get to try and lift them delicately and have them fall apart and have a mini panic attack while you try and salvage them but they just crumble through your fingers, duh.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
Soaked some pinto beans for refried beans yesterday and then realized I had no tortillas or cheese today. Made refried beans anyways and whipped up some bullshit 'buffalo tofu' and pico. Kinda random, but drat if it wasn't delicious!

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
Eggs in Purgatory - Essentially made a very spicy arrabiata and cracked a few eggs into it. It was a pretty good time :).

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
Pasta for lunch yesterday.

Peas, garlic, mint, lemon zest, toasted pine nuts and sunflower seeds. FInished with black pepper and parmesan.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

emotive posted:

Yep -- part of the Hearth and Hand line at Target (https://www.target.com/p/stoneware-dinner-plate-hearth-hand-153-with-magnolia/-/A-52991283)

Here's the other color I bought and tonight's dinner.

Had some leftover tare from ramen night so I used it to make crispy teriyaki tofu (scallions and roasted broccoli stems), and broccoli with peanuts tossed in burnt garlic sesame oil. The bitterness from the burnt garlic oil really played well with the sweet/salty flavors of the teriyaki.

This looks SO good!

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

emotive posted:

Roasted red pepper, broccoli rabe and smoked provolone sandwich / quick tomato soup
In hindsight I would have split the baguette completely and made it an actual sandwich instead of grinder style.

This looks fantastic. How did you do the broccoli rabe?

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

emotive posted:

I find that trying to get char spots on my electric stove is impossible on corn tortillas... they get stiff/crispy before any real spots develop. Do I just need higher heat? Using a dry cast iron skillet.

Grab one of these and throw it over your electric stove on high: https://www.amazon.com/Roti-Jari-Grill-Papd-Chapati/dp/B002M92XQ6

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
Toasted sorghum warm salad with green beans, oyster mushrooms, dried cranberries, toasted sunflower seeds, feta, and labneh whipped with lime zest.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
Made enchiladas over the weekend. Mushroom, Oaxaca, and queso enchilado. Sauce is guajillo and pasilla negro.

Pre-bake

Post-bake

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
I'd like to submit an entry for the 'ugly but crazy delicious food' club.

Had some leftover injera, toasted it with a bit of butter. Made a sauce with onion, garlic, tomato, guajillo, berbere, splash of acv, teaspoon of honey. Then did a bastardized Ethiopian chilaquiles thing:

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
D-d-d-d-double post!

Roasted cauliflower (tomato paste, olive oil, onion powder, garlic granules, oregano, pepper, salt, parmesan) over polenta.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
Palak paneer

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

Olpainless posted:

onion and halloumi bhaji! Finely sliced onion, shredded halloumi and finely diced chilli in a spiced gram flour batter, deep fried.

This is genius.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

That Works posted:

Leftover texas red chile stuffed in an avocado half and covered with cheese and roasted then placed on a bed of rice. Black beans on the side, alongside with the avocado I roasted some golden cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices dusted with a little chili powder which were tossed with some mint and feta.

I'm strictly in the 'don't cook avocados' camp, but holy hell that looks like a fantastic meal.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
Made some buttermilk masala biscuits for brunch today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

charliebravo77 posted:

Seared scallops with chili oil and charred & sauteed chard, leek and spinach. Not bad, definitely went overboard on the chili oil.

No one said anything about this. Looks incredible!