Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

holy christ this looks incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Harrow posted:

It ain't fast, but drat it tastes good.

this is a funny coincidence, my wife asked me to make lasagna this weekend so I checked the Food Lab book and made Kenji's lasagna bolognese. I'd never made bolognese sauce and holy gently caress is that a hell of a recipe. That sauce is so rich I could only eat one smallish piece.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

I made biscuits and gravy tonight!

No pic of the gravy because good sausage gravy looks like dog vomit but god drat was it good. This is the fourth or fifth time I've made biscuits. This time I followed Kenji's recipe and I'm really satisfied. No nonsense, came together very quickly.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

thanks! I think they turned out better than any biscuits I've made before.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

drat

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

kumba posted:

Indeed. Salt & laying on a wire rack for 24 hours in the fridge before cooking makes a massive difference. Also works great for chicken wings.

hell yeah I did Kenji's oven wings after resting in the fridge for 24 hours and they were so so so good

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Another great night for a quick Pad Thai!

drat this looks great

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Those eggs look perfect. Whadja put on them things?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

You folks make food good

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

:hmmyes:

This looks incredible

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

It's not chicken, it's squab! Which I didn't know existed until now.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

macaroni and gravy

What kind of gravy are we talking about here?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I know I’m going to open up a can of worms here...

In my family a gravy has always been a big pot of homemade tomato sauce full of meatballs, pork, and sausage. Takes my mom like two days to make.

Picture of said gravy:

gently caress yeah

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

my desire for chickencheese is growing

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

The last few posts remind me that I don’t really know how to make food

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

I want to love gumbo so bad but I hate okra to the extent that I think there is some grand conspiracy against me. Like everyone except me got together and agreed that they'd pretend to love the most disgusting plant they could possibly find.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

wowza

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Paella with mussels, calamari, and smoked sausage.

I had the sausage in my freezer and mussels were crazy cheap at the store. Picked up the calamari and sliced it into nice rings.

I'm sure someone has mentioned this, but it is very funny that everything you post looks amazing while also being violently poo poo on by your avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

just chiming in to tell you all that you make incredible food and I want to eat it