Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Had a go at Mie ayam Jakarta.

I swear there are noodles under there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Bollock Monkey posted:

I would like recipes, please!

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2023/mar/02/jakartan-noodles-and-sulawesi-seafood-three-indonesian-recipes-from-petty-pandean-elliott

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Had grilled fish with Tonka bean cream sauce the other day, made leftover fish and sauce into a soup with bits and pieces from the fridge.

Might be best fish soup I've had

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Had a friend around, did lychee pork on sizzling rice (note:contains no lychee), sichuan shredded potatos, hand torn stir fried cabbage

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Made the woksoflife 1-2-3-4-5-ribs

Highly recommend. I did them for a ott longer though, ended up maybe an hour and 20 mins or so. Also added small handful of rinsed fermented black beans (i recommend doing this) and did the suggestion to swap the vinegar and sugar ratios

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Ugali with kuku wa kupaka and sukuma wiki. First time trying to make kenyan stuff, turned out pretty good. It's basically a coconut chicken curry, collard greens and a very thick polenta you can use to scoop.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Some sichuan water boiled beef

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Harissa paste mackerel with tomato and pomegranate salad

It was very good, i love mackerel. Like top 3 fish.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Made some breakfast for dinner

Çılbır

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Did some pork satay

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Took opportunity while i'm alone to cook things others in the house won't like so some kinchi jjigae first

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Beef noodle soup

Then first go at no knead bread which went well particularly because i am a crust fiend

NLJP fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 12, 2024

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

BrianBoitano posted:

Well cooked, baked, and photographed!

Thanks bud! I was pretty happy. Baking has been my white whale for a while.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Did some chow mein for the first time. A good success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Asia train keep rollin'