Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I just want your waffle maker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
How do you keep it from falling out of the bowl though. Like it's about to pour onto my reply dude.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

JawKnee posted:

I've been loving Alton Brown's buffalo wings for a while now, made some today:

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Yeah, it's been a thing here in the south for a very long time. I used to put honey on my fried chicken but now I just really enjoy chicken and waffles. Sweet and savory go together? What's not to like about that?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
It's been a thing in Atlanta since the early 90's at least.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

Kenji's Peruvian Grilled Chicken Sandwich and Elotes (again with the store-bought tomatoes).
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/07/peruvian-style-grilled-chicken-sandwiches-recipe.html

It looks great but how is that an elote? Cuz that's just grilled corn, man.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Good to see that we're moving away from plates at home too now.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Microwave them at 50% for 8 minutes per steak to get a good sear.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

emotive posted:

I find that trying to get char spots on my electric stove is impossible on corn tortillas... they get stiff/crispy before any real spots develop. Do I just need higher heat? Using a dry cast iron skillet.

Why are you using a pan at all? It's super easy on a gas stove but you can still char on an electric burner directly.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

silvergoose posted:

Or where the stove is filthy so I don't want to eat disgusting crap on my tortillas.

Clean your drat stove you filthy monster.

Also, I had a 50/50 success toasting on an electric stove directly. there would be plenty where they'd get a ring of burnt rear end poo poo while the rest was cold. I'm very happy I converted to gas.

Edit: I honestly had no idea people try to toast tortillas in the oven. That's such a waste and it wouldn't get much char I'd imagine. Speaking from inexperience here.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
drat son. I really need to get a sous vide thing that looks great. I'd go a little more rare but drat.