Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

emotive posted:

Soba with shiitake broth, miso roasted carrots and soft boiled egg.

i haven't had soba in years and now i'm feeling super nostalgic. maybe that'll be my food therapy friday project tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

The story I'd heard about chicken and waffles was that rather than in the south, it originated around Harlem jazz clubs, where the musicians would finish their sets in the wee hours of the morning, too late for dinner but too early for breakfast.

Edit: Okay, here we go, a little later than planned. Lately I've been on a serious prosciutto kick and I wanted to get outside my comfort zone, so I decided to try my hand at pizza. For the proof-of-concept I got some predone pan pizza crusts, mixed a little merlot and crushed garlic with my marinara sauce, and topping-wise I went with shredded prosciutto, sundried tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella. While they were baking (I did two for redundancy/backup's sake) I also tried poaching some eggs and here is how it turned out:

Since they both turned out well I had some friends help eat them and now I'm looking forward to trying a more involved homemade crust attempt!

Trebuchet King fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 23, 2017