Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

First time they've hit Ben/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Congrats to Chilichimp and weird Asian candy. I have grown to appreciate the Falcons offense in the playoffs. Bird Gang Bitch

:getin:

Pops Mgee posted:

Are there any other Falcons fans here? The only ones i can think of are Josh Lyman and Lloyd who is banned.

We are the only 2 year-round posters. Ive seen 1-2 others i don't recognize in the last few weeks.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 23, 2017

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I'm at a CLE presentation that just used one of Febreeze's comics as a slide.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Pops Mgee posted:

Are there any other Falcons fans here? The only ones i can think of are Josh Lyman and Lloyd who is banned.

me, except i read more than post

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Chilichimp posted:

We are the only 2 year-round posters. Ive seen 1-2 others i don't recognize in the last few weeks.

I like the Falcons, I just lurk a lot. Im usually working during games so gameday threads are out for me.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Abugadu posted:

I'm at a CLE presentation that just used one of Febreeze's comics as a slide.

Which one?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Office Surprise Store posted:

me, except i read more than post

If the Pats win, then all but like four posters will be Falcons fans.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

The Brady Bunch one with the bad court drawings

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chilichimp posted:

please loving beat new england

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Pops Mgee posted:

Hello friend

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

If the Pats win, then all but like four posters will be Falcons fans.

Quinning

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chris Hogan 9 receptions, 180 yards.

what the gently caress.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kalli posted:

what the gently caress.

and 2 TDs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

what the gently caress.

the players don't matter

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Matt Ryan is destined to slay all of the MVP candidates.

The boring bird lord of Atlanta, two first in his name, shall ride his hydra into battle, each head another dude who has caught a touchdown.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Yo gently caress the pats.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

As shameful as the NFC is, it's not the worthless AFC.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Mcqueen posted:

Still a few minutes left for a meteor to hit the stadium.... :pray:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I hate Tom Brady

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Well, we're all Falcons fans now. Too bad we're stuck in Alternate 2017, where Trump is corrupt and powerful and President. We all know how it's gonna turn out.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Old and busted: gently caress the Steelers

New Hotness: Bird Gang Bitch

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Go Falcons, or go ISIS.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.
Well i'm an idiot in thinking these games wouldve been close

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mcqueen posted:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

extendedsolo posted:

Well i'm an idiot in thinking these games wouldve been close

drat near every game this postseason looked like a great matchup on paper, but only Packers/Cowboys ended up being any good.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Sorry guys, outcoached again. You'd think the Steelers would at least attempt something other than cover 2 and cover 3 against Brady considering how many times it has failed now.

It was also ironic that people have been repeating that Ben plays like poo poo on the road, but he really can't be faulted for balling out against a great defense and wicked stupid playcalling

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Sorry guys, outcoached again. You'd think the Steelers would at least attempt something other than cover 2 and cover 3 against Brady considering how many times it has failed now.

It was also ironic that people have been repeating that Ben plays like poo poo on the road, but he really can't be faulted for balling out against a great defense and wick stupid playcalling

I seriously don't get it. This poo poo happens every time. Why don't the Steelers change it up?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It was also ironic that people have been repeating that Ben plays like poo poo on the road, but he really can't be faulted for balling out against a great defense and wicked stupid playcalling

He does play like poo poo on the road though.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Mccarthey is better than Tomlin. That makes me shudder.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

I seriously don't get it. This poo poo happens every time. Why don't the Steelers change it up?

I have no idea. Zone coverage, in general, never works against Brady, let alone gd Cover 2. It should be a fireable offense at this point, but there must be some kind of intense magical thinking going on in the meeting rooms

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

fsif posted:

drat near every game this postseason looked like a great matchup on paper, but only Packers/Cowboys ended up being any good.

And even that was one pass (the int) away from having turned into a blowout as well.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I have no idea. Zone coverage, in general, never works against Brady, let alone gd Cover 2. It should be a fireable offense at this point, but there must be some kind of intense magical thinking going on in the meeting rooms

Zone D only works against Brady when you can plaster him with just four guys and leave the rest of the back 7 to handle the Pats' WRs. The Giants I think ran mostly zone in both of the SB wins against New England, but I can't remember offhand as it's been a while since I saw both of those games.

Regardless: having 4 reliable rushers is about the only sure thing to beating him, and I don't think the Steelers had the personnel to do it. Their inability to adjust also hurt them badly.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

how the hell have there only been two close games all playoffs this blows

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

extendedsolo posted:

Mccarthey is better than Tomlin. That makes me shudder.

I don't think that's true.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
the inexplicable thing about that game is how the Steelers refused to cover Chris Hogan like, at all. You'd think they would've shifted coverage over to him after a certain point, but nooo~

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Here are the point differentials from each playoff game this year

And the 2 point game was won via 6 field goals, and the 3 point game was only that close for maybe 6 minutes. Football has been absolutely terrible this season.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Shangri-Law School posted:

I don't think that's true.

Perhaps you missed the 2011 Super Bowl? I mean Tomlin was loving owned in that game.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Here are the point differentials from each playoff game this year

And the 2 point game was won via 6 field goals, and the 3 point game was only that close for maybe 6 minutes. Football has been absolutely terrible this season.

Let me tell you about my fantasy team though...................

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Are there even any Atlanta fans to bully?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Are there even any Atlanta fans to bully?

No, they are all Georgia Bulldog fans.

• Locked thread