Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Nice avs op :waycool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Av request: cool picture of David Bowie

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

:coolfish:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
80s anime cyberpunk aesthetic and skulls are extremely my poo poo so I feel picking just one is impossible

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Here's a pretty rad skeleton I whipped up, feel free to pick it up. File size is too huge though so you have to find a way to bring it down.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

univbee posted:

Took some doing to get it sub-100k, but thank you very much!

You're welcome!

How did you go about reducing file size? I wanted to preserve all original frames without much quality loss but only got to about 400 kB. By removing frames I only got to about 200 kB without completely destroying quality.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

univbee posted:

I used an online gif optimizer and had to drop 3/4 of the frames, enable transparency detection with a 5% detection rate, and then compressed it at level 30. Not quite ideal but that seemed to be the best way to get it sub-100k without destroying things too much.

That explains it. Photoshop CS4 doesn't have much in the way of advanced gif optimization options so all I could do was reduce number of colors used or frames or just start downing the quality.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Good job! I wanted that avatar but couldn't figure out how to do it in Photoshop.

For me the biggest issue was the number of source frames, really. The original is pretty smooth and I wanted to keep it that way:

All I had to do was crop the canvas and create a mask layer that hides the text that reaches inside the frame.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Pierogi posted:

Weird, here's a file from photoshop cs6: all frames, no dither, 256 colors, and 81kb. It's like magic really.

That looks perfect.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Fresh batch of avs

e: hell, have a source, it's full of great stuff http://giphy.com/jasonclarke

jyrque fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k