Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
***edit: relaxed rules to include MBTI, zodiac, socionics, tarot, fk it even DiSC...as alternative assessment types for the same purposes originally indicated below - IK/mods/admin please change title to "C-SPAM Typology Megathread"***

Please use this thread to speculate on the alignment of people within the C-SPAMsphere including politicians, pundits, and posters (at your own peril).

In case you are not familiar with Advanced Dungeons and Dragons or don't look at Twitter/Tumblr, alignment is a categorization of one's personal morals and ethics into one of nine different categories based on two axis: Lawful-Neutral-Chaotic and Good-Neutral-Evil

Here are the alignments with short descriptions of each to help you along.

Lawful good - Neutral good - Chaotic good
Lawful neutral - True neutral - Chaotic neutral
Lawful evil - Neutral evil - Chaotic evil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)

OK let's get started! Feel free to debate but don't get nasty or too serious or personal, k?

Donald Trump: Neutral Evil
Ed Balls: Lawful Good
Baloogan: Chaotic Neutral

Mariana Horchata has issued a correction as of 21:25 on Jan 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

How is trump not chaotic?

Clinton=Lawful Evil

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

The Kingfish posted:

How is trump not chaotic?

Clinton=Lawful Evil

He could be for sure (Jeb! would certainly agree)...I just don't see him as an intrinsically chaotic type - instead he uses the law and disregards it freely depending on whether he can use it to his advantage.

I was going to categorize Hillary Clinton as Lawful Neutral, which I'm still not 100% on - but I am fairly confident that Bernie Sanders is Chaotic Good.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The best politician gets the best alignment

Robert Morrow: Chaotic Neutral

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

rudatron posted:

The best politician gets the best alignment

Robert Morrow: Chaotic Neutral

Definitely. C-SPAM in general tends to skew heavily towards chaos in general.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Mariana Horchata posted:

I was going to categorize Hillary Clinton as Lawful Neutral, which I'm still not 100% on - but I am fairly confident that Bernie Sanders is Chaotic Good.

I don't think chaotic good would ever be willing to be a sitting politician - Neutral Good seems appropriate though.

Hillary Clinton is True Neutral, as befits a radical third way "centrist".

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
John Kasich: Neutral Neutral :effort:

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

ted cruz: lawful evil
ben carson: sleepy evil

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

GlyphGryph posted:

I don't think chaotic good would ever be willing to be a sitting politician - Neutral Good seems appropriate though.

Hillary Clinton is True Neutral, as befits a radical third way "centrist".

Excellent points. It is difficult to apply this to politicians due to the very nature of their duties, but hey that doesn't mean we can't try, right? If I wanted this to be easy I could have just made a C-SPAM Myers-Briggs Thread you know (Donald Trump = ESTP).

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Jeb: Mess-Waste

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Rubio: Water-Steel Type Pokemon

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

GlyphGryph posted:

I don't think chaotic good would ever be willing to be a sitting politician

senator james traficant

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

sleepy - ben
dopey - marco
bashful - jeb
grumpy - donald
hungry - kasich
lyin - ted
fat - chris

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The Magician: Campaign Donald Trump
The High Priestess: Hillary Clinton
The Empress: Ivanka Trump
The Emperor: President Donald Trump
The Hierophant: Ted Cruz
The Lovers: Ivanka + Trump
The Chariot: Joe Biden
Strength: Freedom Girls USA
The Hermit: Pepe The Frog
Wheel of Fortune: The 2016 Election
Justice: BLM
The Hanged Man: Jeb Bush
Death: The Alt-Right
Temperance: Marco Rubio
The Devil: Ted Cruz
The Tower: The Wall With Mexico
The Star: Barack Obama
The Moon: Newt Gingrich
The Sun: Bernie Sanders
Judgement: The Supreme Court
The World: American Politics
The Fool: The Voters

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

rudatron posted:

The Magician: Campaign Donald Trump
The High Priestess: Hillary Clinton
The Empress: Ivanka Trump
The Emperor: President Donald Trump
The Hierophant: Ted Cruz
The Lovers: Ivanka + Trump
The Chariot: Joe Biden
Strength: Freedom Girls USA
The Hermit: Pepe The Frog
Wheel of Fortune: The 2016 Election
Justice: BLM
The Hanged Man: Jeb Bush
Death: The Alt-Right
Temperance: Marco Rubio
The Devil: Ted Cruz
The Tower: The Wall With Mexico
The Star: Barack Obama
The Moon: Newt Gingrich
The Sun: Bernie Sanders
Judgement: The Supreme Court
The World: American Politics
The Fool: The Voters

I like the way you think...edited OP

Temperance would be Huckabee or Santorum though.

Mariana Horchata has issued a correction as of 19:39 on Jan 16, 2017

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mariana Horchata posted:

Definitely. C-SPAM in general tends to skew heavily towards chaos in general.

4:20 Roll Chaos Every Day

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

rudatron posted:

John Kasich: Neutral Neutral :effort:

he is a hungry ghost obvs ! How. Rude.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

senator james traficant

he was a congressman

he was the best congressman

oh god he put the pirate in brown pants story in the congressional record

after the radiation half dies away the future historians will find his poop joke

CHAOS REIGNS

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Vladimir Putin: A Socionic Assessment

Socionic Typing: ISTj / / Logical Sensory Introvert (LSI)

:ussr:

Based on this assessment and socionic theory (MBTI is for Western сука) Vladimir Putin's duality pairing would be an ENFj / / Ethical Intuitive Extravert (EIE).

"Dual relations are characterized by mutual benefit and support, and are generally viewed as optimal for friendship, intimacy, and marriage".

Because the socionic ENFj typing happens to be equivalent with the MBTI typing of ENFJ this means that the following people (of similar wealth and social status) would be ideal matches for Vladimir Putin: Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Lawrence, Bono, and Sheryl Sandberg.

Conclusion: If I was Vladimir Putin I would lean in...

Furthermore, based on the earlier typing of Donald Trump (MBTI: ESTP = Socionic: ESTp / / Sensory Logical Extravert (SLE) ) their intertype relations together would be classified as 'Mirror'

quote:

"Mirror relations occur between types who share the same ego functions, yet place different emphases on them; the dominant function of one partner is the creative function of the other. Mirror relations are characterized by similar actions and motivations between partners, and mutual understanding. Interactions usually result in a drawn out dialogue, as each partner seems to keep opening up avenues of thought which the other needs to now clarify verbally."

Vladimir Putin' dominant function of (Introverted Logic) and creative function of (Extroverted Sensation) mirrors Donald Trump's dominant and creative functions, and vice versa.

quote:

"These are relations of mutual correction. Mirror partners have similar interests and ideas, but a slightly different understanding of the same problems. Each partner can see only half of one problem. Therefore the partners always find what the other partner is thinking interesting. Usually partners quickly realise that they are very like-minded.

The area of confidence of one partner is always the area of creativity for the other partner. What one partner considers solid and final appears incomplete and changeable for the other partner. This difference may often puzzle the partners especially when they fulfil their mutual plans. It seems for them as if the other partner simply misunderstood the main concept. Therefore partners attempt to correct each other's understanding but usually fail, because each partner acts from their confident side. For the same reason, Mirror partners can be involved in really hot disputes and can even come to blows in the name of their opinion.

However, Mirror partners are often very good friends. When they work together on the same project, their mutual correction and adjustment becomes a constructive criticism that is usually accepted as useful. The main discomfort in these relations is caused by the difference in Judgement and Perception between the partners. Mirror partners generally agree about setting near future goals, but disagree about global aims. Mirror relations usually lack warm atmosphere between partners. This situation normally changes in presence of a third person who is Dual to one partner and an Activity partner to the other."

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socionics#The_16_types
http://www.socionics.com

Mariana Horchata has issued a correction as of 20:08 on Jan 16, 2017

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hillary is lawful neutral w good tendencies, a follower of bralm or possibly wee jas

ron and rand paul are lawful evil kobolds, altho ron has true neutral tendencies. ron paul is a cleric of kurtulmak and has dreams of one day sailing his own spelljammer to the elemental plane of mineral to acquire the purestrain cosmic gold that occurs naturally there. rand, unknown to his father, has fallen in w a psionic dragon cult

bernie sanders is a neutral good gnome bard tho the demands of his profession have him leading a v lawful life. he speaks the language of birds and wishes he could throw polished gemstones to smiling children like root beer barrel candies from a parade float. he would not have won

jeb! is a true neutral corn golem created and commanded by an evil lich

chris christie is neutral evil w lawful tendencies, worshiping vecna but not really passionate about it. soon the mists will overtake him and he will be absorbed into the eternal prison of ravenloft, to live an eternity of nightmares

President Obama is lawful good w v strong lawful neutral tendencies

trump is actually an unknown armies character, how did he even get into this campaign

enraged_camel posted:

Between your bizarre belief that a probation is not a punishment, your weird insistence that it is better and more effective to talk to would-be terrorists in private to tell them to post their terrorist stuff elsewhere, and douchey posts like the one I quoted above, it's frankly unbelievable that you are a moderator.

Yossarian-22 posted:

Squizzle did a racism. He did an imperialism. He did a nationalism. He did a xenophobia. He did a white fragility. He did no growth. This makes it abundantly clear Squizzle does not understand the intersectional nature of the multiplicity of his offenses

Sic semper tyrannis

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Donald Trump is Chaotic Good

shattering every norm and rule it takes to Make America Great Again

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Squizzle posted:

hillary is lawful neutral w good tendencies, a follower of bralm or possibly wee jas

ron and rand paul are lawful evil kobolds, altho ron has true neutral tendencies. ron paul is a cleric of kurtulmak and has dreams of one day sailing his own spelljammer to the elemental plane of mineral to acquire the purestrain cosmic gold that occurs naturally there. rand, unknown to his father, has fallen in w a psionic dragon cult

bernie sanders is a neutral good gnome bard tho the demands of his profession have him leading a v lawful life. he speaks the language of birds and wishes he could throw polished gemstones to smiling children like root beer barrel candies from a parade float. he would not have won

jeb! is a true neutral corn golem created and commanded by an evil lich

chris christie is neutral evil w lawful tendencies, worshiping vecna but not really passionate about it. soon the mists will overtake him and he will be absorbed into the eternal prison of ravenloft, to live an eternity of nightmares

trump is actually an unknown armies character, how did he even get into this campaign

:drat:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

True Newtral

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
namechange to true neutral corn golem plz

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Squizzle posted:

hillary is lawful neutral w good tendencies

Squizzle posted:

:agreed:

Additionally the skewing of of Barack Obama between Lawful Good and Lawful Neutral is something that could (and IMHO should) be examined further...whether it be a post or a dissertation.

Has this been a personal shift in morality and ethics that has come as a result of his experiences of the past 10 years? Or is it a reflection of a philosophy of consequentialism that has either developed over his two terms as President or has been dormant until taking office? :obama:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

namechange to true neutral corn golem plz

corn is evil because property is theft

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
obama is neutral evil

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Obama is Lawful Neutral. He will compromise on literally anything.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Baloogan posted:

obama is neutral evil

your inability to read alignments does reflect your chaotic evil nature well baloney bird

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Baloogan posted:

obama is neutral evil

he is a blackguard

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Baloogan posted:

obama is neutral evil

You may actually be True Neutral, like a druid.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

You may actually be True Neutral, like a druid.

you doubt the true heart of this cucknadians chaos mari ? i dont think its fair to call him a drewid but i wouldnt trust him as far as i could throw him into the darkness

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

zyla: neutral good, ENTJ, generous lover

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
in my heart of hearts i believe Trump is a follower of shar and wants to obliterate the universe so that we can return to a state of perfectly calm, pre-existence entropy

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
lincoln chafee: chaotic neutral gnome wizard specializing in the metrification school of magic

charisma modifier of -3

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

UV_Catastrophe posted:

lincoln chafee: chaotic neutral gnome wizard specializing in the metrification school of magic

charisma modifier of -10

FTFY millin00b

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
kellyanne conway: neutral evil warlock who made a pact with an evil deity in exchange for powers of mass deception and verbal trickery

she hates donald trump, but is forced to serve him as an obligation outlined in her faustian contract with the supernatural

each day she plots her rise to power and eventual victory over donald trump and the gods themselves

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

im lawful gay

actual post: i dont think anyone in US politics can be characterized as "good", but maybe that's just be being judgmental.

Chillgamesh has issued a correction as of 03:10 on Jan 17, 2017

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

rudatron posted:

Jeb: Mess-Waste

Never seen this kind of pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

chris macniel - kelleyanne conway
regan macniel - donald trump