Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Hahaha that was such a pro time waste giving the ball back for the free.

How loud is it there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Anyone else notice that in the first quarter the clock counted up SANFL style, but in the second quarter it counted down AFL style?

Yeah wondered about that

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hiddenmovement posted:

Any Australian complaining about gaps in play needs to take a huge long look at all forms of cricket

Ehhhhh, cricket isnt that bad. 4 minutes per over is the general rule, thats about 40 seconds between each ball being bowled and spinners can whip through an over much quicker than that. That has to encompass everything as well. All the field changes, any tactics discussions so on and so forth.

Compare that to 11 minutes of game time in over 3 hours of broadcast and its amusing that you are trying to imply cricket is worse.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

its a bit of an interesting one, viney very nearly took out the b&f in 2015 despite missing 7 games and then won the 2016 award, so there's not much else he could do from his point of view to state his intent beyond 'be older'. i guess we will see how he goes, but it feels a bit unnecessary when jones is already doing such a great job and has a number of years on viney, its not like it was a 'now or never' moment from a timing point of view.

The best player is not always the best leader.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

TG-Chrono posted:

I'm pretty happy that people who associate with serious organised crime groups, and indeed play a role in the leadership of those groups, are told to gently caress off out of the country if they're on a visa.

Yeah this is babbies first step down the jolly path to fascism.

If the cops, with the entire power of the state behind them, can't prove you did a thing that is against the law, then they should not be able to deport you because they don't like who you hang out with.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

oh for fucks sake the pub that the WA demons supporters group always watches the games at (which is conveniently located a suburb over from me) hosted a One Nation pre-election party last night

What pub? Please don't say the Rosemount.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

The Rosey doesn't show the footy, it was at the Paddo. Funnily enough one of the reporters on the ground described the locale as hipster-ish, which could be applied to Mt Hawthorn if you squint I guess but the Paddo is still v much bogan central clientele-wise

Fuckken paddo.

Used to do work at the velvet lounge though, that was alright.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Spedman posted:

I think 60% chance of Freo finishing bottom 4 is a bit rough, if we had the same team that we had for all of last year then maybe, but not with Fyfe/Sandi/Johnson/B.Hill/McCarthy and the other new guys in the side.

It specifically says that it cant account for player changes between seasons.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Hahahaha everyone in sas tipping got port v sydney wrong.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I think the quote to take away from that is "The Demons currently have a better chance of making the finals than Hawthorn, according to our Elo-based simulations."

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Well at least there will be one mark for the highlights reel.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Gonna laugh if mayne misses this

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I swear that dusty goal bounced off the goal post before he kicked it

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Yay bob

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

Boyd with an expert save

Yeah there is going to be words about that in the dressing room

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ewe2 posted:

Also, because I hate life, I read catallaxyfiles.com for bad opinions, and I had no idea the AFLW is just a predatory lesbian trap for young women :rolleyes: Apparently all women's sport is just about that.

I hope you replied that you agree, and we should shut down all male sports for being a predatory trap for young men.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ewe2 posted:

Nah, I read it for information's sake, just that this particular angle was completely new to me; it was claimed that Dermott Brereton raised it on SEN with AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan. Surely the boys can't be that threatened?

I think you are underestimating just how fragile some male egos are.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

strap on revenge posted:

so are port actually good again or are fremantle still just really bad

Mostly freo being bad, but a bit a port not being terrible.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hiddenmovement posted:

Lyons contracted til like 2020 or some poo poo yeah?

Apparently he has carte blanche to enact his 4 or 5 year plan.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Oh hey Sydney nice of you to put in an appearance

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

No Sydney you need to kick it between the big sticks.

Edit: :v:

Not an empty quote

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Sydney are getting hosed by the umps

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Wow they have hosed the audio on the 7 plays package.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

"Good tackle there by sidebottom"

*shows sidebottom slinging a guy who doesn't have the ball*

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

tnimark posted:

Bruce is the worst when it comes to getting excited and preemptively calling a goal when it misses.

Tbf buddy usually slots those and they are worth getting excited about.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

thepokey posted:

The season is on a knife's edge in round 3

Someone didn't read the stats page posted earlier.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I would prefer 5 of Bruce commentating over one BT

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

That's two goals buddy has given up

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Hard to say, a lot of the most hardcore SANFL fans don't support an AFL team at all, even some of the Magpies fans shun the Power.

Power fans seem to be angrier about this loss than any other showdown loss in the last 10 years or so, at least that I can remember. Seething rage, if I had to describe it.

In other news, the Happy Valley Vikings women's team had their first ever hit out tonight, a trial game against Flinders Uni, saw them out warming up when walking my dog. Couldn't stop to watch the game, but I'll try and head down in future.

Hey my cousins live in Happy Valley, just outside victor. One of em would make a fairly decent ruck too, she is pushing 200cms and is as fit as gently caress. Ran an ironwomen event in Brazil because why not.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

West Coast will win the free kick count by at least 10 tonight.

Don't worry, the umps will make up for it by gifting goals to Sydney

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gently caress that was an annoyingly good kick by Kennedy

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Third times a charm for Hill

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Yeah that's like third in a row or some poo poo

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Pleased with how Vardy is going as well. Would have been good if he grabbed that, but I prefer him over Sinclair

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NPR Journalizard posted:

Pleased with how Vardy is going as well. Would have been good if he grabbed that, but I prefer him over Sinclair

Oh for fucks sake

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

I think this current news story may help you understand how it could happen:

Or not.

One of the ladies drafted by freo had been playing floorball on two torn acls for years without realising it. Was playing really was too.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

racing identity posted:

What is the rationale for playing today's game
at 4.20 instead of 7.30?

:2bong: :2bong: :2bong:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

When you have people on the goal line jumping to stop a ball going through, is there any rule against getting a boost upwards from a team mate?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

How the gently caress are you supposed to tip this bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

the old delayed concussion, eh?

Yeah he is faking the bruise on his face as well.

• Locked thread