Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

:five: star OP. Always fun to read the team summaries! Hoping for good surprises this year in the comp or at least as exciting a finals season as we had last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Can we tip the women's comp in Tipsquad, I'm noticing that I can do it outside the squad but not in it when I select AFL Women's?

edit: carn the blues!

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Feb 1, 2017

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Crushing win. What a fantastic start.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Sounds almost like a community game at Princes Park :3: Grandstand saying the upcoming players will be even better than the first gen.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Nutsngum posted:

Only saw 15 minutes of the match due to being at work. One thing is the rather large gap in skill and fitness between some of the players. The good ones were really obviously standouts from the rest and give it another 3 years will out number the inexperienced players.

Oh yeah, they had to share around the marquee players around the clubs this year, so you've probably got 3 levels of skill in each team, maybe a third are senior players from clubs. The great thing is you're right, there are superior younger players now who will be ready for competition in 3 years.

I was very happy with the tackling in last nights game, hope there's a good tussle today.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Crows looking relaxed against the Giants first quarter. Lots of fumbles!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

so now that i've come into a bit of cash i'm actually thinking of buying a proper AFL Membership (it doesn't hurt that they come with the international streaming) and like a true Yank plastic i'm trying to size up who'd i'd actually buy it from, right down to seeing who'll give me the most/best poo poo for my dollar. right now i'm down to:

Carlton used to be the old Hawthorn in terms of strength and wins. They don't deal with this very well. For a while they were actually trying to game the system for good picks, but even when that worked, they didn't have the right management to take advantage of it and as a result bled valuable players to other teams. Things are improving but slowly.

Yeah, avoid Essendon and Richmond, crazy cultures for different reasons. Essendon will take a lot of rebuilding, and Richmond have been consistently failing to rebuild since the loving 1970's.

There's something wrong with Freo. They should be a good team, but their culture and gameplan seem incapable of living up to reality.

St Kilda, my team, have similar cultural problems to Richmond but the fans aren't as crazy. I like to say we're the best AFL training team in the league because we regularly sell our best off to other teams (the smart ones run away as soon as they realize their abilities).

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

*gunter dance*

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

In the games I was able to see some vision of, the leading team was better at all-round ball handling skills, particularly chasing the ball down and managing it under attack. But this is to be expected in a beginner's league, it'll improve.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Very disappointed at Grandstand's showing, it was pretty poor of them.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

drunkill posted:

By the way, replays of games quarter by quarter are being uploaded to this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCpYawpeS6vUgtiLdZCi8QRQ

Already taken down.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

drunkill posted:

I didn't catch the game tonight but it sounds like it was good. Great to see that Perkins got a goal too.

Here are the highlights anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27kYzOc10CM

Definitely have to reassess, that Crows forward line have strength and speed. They really punished the Dogs. A bit of biff in the game too. Also, wtf is up with the tipping, it still thinks the game is ongoing.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Welp, lovely tipping week for meee :catstare:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

drat it Carlton. TBH I thought Crows would win but I decided to be loyal and tip the Blues.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

That's weird because it always sends me reminders and also tells me my results.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Sure, assuming you have never seen a game between those two teams before and are instead going on things like ladder position.

St Kilda are going to loving carve us up on the outside yet again, Riewoldt will take 20 marks, and some previously unknown spud will kick 10 goals.

We love to start well and disappoint in the 3rd round.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Speaking of Etihad, the Weagles are favoured in the betting over the Roos. I think it's a wee bit more line ball than that myself. Grandstand likes the Saints for the eight this year, I bloody hope so.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It wouldn't be footy if I wasn't mad at the Saints :mad:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Guess we know which coach is first out of a job

Clarkson? yeah...

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

bombers are fkn back yall

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Nah hawks are just loving cooked, trading out your 1st and 2nd b&f finishers for peanuts doesn't improve your team it seems

Hawks are definitely cooked, but that's not the whole story. Essendon have a working midfield, lots of goalkickers, they can do well.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

But it was Daniher and Hooker who led the charge, so the new players are taking on the burden, which is the really good sign. 128 uncontested marks.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

snoremac posted:

Can someone who watched the game explain the Ess vs. Haw result to me??? I get that all the drug dudes returned but still...

Did they suffer from the absence of Lewis and Mitchell?

They do, the on-field intelligence is gone. They have new players who haven't learnt to think on their feet with each other which will take time. But it's also the first game of the season, the smart guys are saying it's not going to be predictable.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Why did I tip Gold Coast ffs. I think Adelaide have good communication, they're working as a team early on which is a good sign.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Also, because I hate life, I read catallaxyfiles.com for bad opinions, and I had no idea the AFLW is just a predatory lesbian trap for young women :rolleyes: Apparently all women's sport is just about that.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

I hope you replied that you agree, and we should shut down all male sports for being a predatory trap for young men.

Nah, I read it for information's sake, just that this particular angle was completely new to me; it was claimed that Dermott Brereton raised it on SEN with AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan. Surely the boys can't be that threatened?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Suns just kicked 5 straight but got nobbled by the Giant's 11th. Premiership quarter time!

NPR Journalizard posted:

I think you are underestimating just how fragile some male egos are.

It's a mindset that's beyond me; Reddit is laughable but this is just pathetic. There's a subtext of male homophobia behind it as well, it's a remarkable form of projection.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Jesus, Dermott "just asking questions" Brereton. Does he talk about grooming in the AFL? I bet he doesn't.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

When I pick a loser, I really pick a loser lmao. Giants by 102 points.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Most of the play, particularly in the 2nd half was one-way traffic, Giants kicked 13 of the last 14 goals, Suns forwards couldn't kick straight even when the midfield could get the ball to them.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Goddammit, I tipped against the Saints because its the Weagles at home. :bang:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Holy poo poo that was a slow review, that's ridiculous.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'd be excited about the end of the Saints vs Weagles game but ABC local just cut the feed abruptly because heaven knows we can't miss a minute of Saturday Night Country. gently caress you ABC.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Its been very exciting. I just deleted the AFL app since now it demands money for videos. Apparently the Saints have lost their legs after leading for most of the game, which is a pity.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Saints: not as good or as fit as we thought. I'm not blaming it on the missing players, they're just not there yet as a team.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

My god what a comeback from the Cats.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Schlesische posted:

You say "my god what a comeback from the Cats" the rest of us say "Holy poo poo, how did North Norf their way out of that one".

Fun with reality, it works both ways! I hope the top 10 tippers get a perfect round, that would be amazeballs.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Dockers still don't have a front line. Nothing's changed from last year. Grats to the perfect 9!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

God Sydney, you're on your home ground and you're letting COLLINGWOOD win, what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This is getting really desperate from both teams, they're slogging this.

edit: ahaha what a turnover, Jack you dunce.

• Locked thread