Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Swans are still in this, come on kick straight you bastards don't make a mess of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

a point in it aaah

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ah spit

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I rarely feel sorry for Sydney but they were just too underpowered. Great finish.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Before the rain hit I would have said the Weagles are a chance, but I doubt it now. Tigers have the wet weather boots on. Its a massive storm here north of Melbourne, so its only going to get worse.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Richmond has to have this in the bag now.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

man, gently caress this round, nothing makes sense.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Bombers gave away a dumb old free goal there.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

EDDIE BETTTTTTSSS

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Worsefold looks :smith:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Suddenly a 32 point game, Suns pull their finger out to steal it.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Nathan Burke magnanimous, admits he was wrong to think Adelaide were crazy to sign Eddie, says he's now the best small forward in the competition.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Periphery posted:

I'm really not looking forward to the Saints v Pies game today.

Same. Just make an effort in the 4th quarter this time, just once.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Hopefully not thrashed, but gently caress we've got nothing strong up front.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Grandstand are not impressed with the skill level at all. You know its a poo poo game when even ABC callers are embarrassed about it.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

"oh no its Jack Billings" but at least they seem to be realizing that putting pressure on the Pies does yield results, just by pulling their finger out.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

15 loving points.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Too much chocolate crazy in the effects mike on ABC Radio :v:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The Deadly Hume posted:

Does it really matter? It's not like it impacts the outcome of the game.

Perhaps not directly, but its part of the problem of updating the view of the game, and that's a flow-on effect to fans, at least from the point of view of stats nerds.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

That was a shellacking.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Doggies haven't turned up to play yet, what a shambles.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Periphery posted:

Starting to look like the Lions have gone home early now.

Hahaha that must have been some kind of serve from the coach, they're a different team this quarter :v:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm completely lost at the interpretation of that 50, Grandstand thought that fair but we haven't been paying those lately.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

"An American on ANZAC Day!!"

ANZAC not ANZUS you stupid woman. I haven't watched footy on ch7 on my tv due to bad reception, and I can see why the radio is superior.

edit: But Dennis is making up for it.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ooh, nice blue on the sidelines guys, do it again at halftime plz.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Brown Paper Bag posted:

http://www.smh.com.au/interactive/2016/the-noongar-warriors/

Awesome article about the impact the Noongar people have had on AFL. I didn't realise one in three Aboriginal footballers were Noongar. A must read.

Wow, I had no idea either.

quote:

Think about it. What would you know about Aboriginal people without footy?”

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

fark there's a point in it again

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

norfs gotta norf :v:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

That Anzac thing was such shite. I'm getting more annoyed by it every year :scrunt:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

gently caress Shaw, it's unprofessional apart from anything else.

I'm going Cats against my Saints because I'm realistic about their chances. Our midfield can fire, and our defence is good, but if it ain't through the sticks, it won't count. Just not strong enough up front against good teams yet.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Good efforts from both forwards and defence on both sides, but Saints midfield isn't troubling Cats much.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah some puzzling decisions. Cats now overhandling the ball, lots of mistakes.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

hiddenmovement posted:

I'm at the LA tribe st end and there's a definite gasleak. Explains the umpiring imo

Something has to, wtaf. That last free, nfi.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

fans equal-opportunity booing for saints and cats captains.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I genuinely have no idea whether Saints will tank this or not, Cats have been surprisingly tame and its the Saints game to lose.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah that was the biggest fight the Saints could put up, 3 quarters out of 4. Can't play that kind of pressure footy and lose your legs like that.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The Cats are a good team, they're fit and they're fighting the whole game.The Saints are yet to prove to me they can do that, and I think it's a cultural problem beyond the fitness issue. Good teams fight 4 quarters, and the Saints have disappointed me for years this way.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

that's a hilarious halftime score :v:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Historically the biggest for a match between these teams, according to Grandstand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

85k official attendance! :toot:

• Locked thread