Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2017-01-23/alex-pearce-injury-update
:smith:

Pearce lives with Fyfe and apparently their fridge is full of this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I got an email from espn this afternoon telling me to put my tips in for the women's league, so I guess it's integrated.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I'm late to the streaming chat, but I just use a Tronsmart Android box plugged into the TV that runs the AFL app natively and play the games direct, works a treat.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Freo being terrible, hope it's not an omen for the mens season.

Also, not noticing the umpiring or the umpires. Looking at you Razor Ray :argh:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/freodockers/status/831363401691435008

Captain Cow Dude

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It's always been a player vote, where they pick 1 to 5, and apparently it was nearly a coin toss between Mundy and Fyfe last year.

But they didn't need to shove him at the back with Sandi for the leadership group photo

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2017-02-14/2017-leadership-group-announced

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

Fyfe still hasn't signed, so there's still an incredibly slim chance he could be dislodged from Freo

That said I reckon they will announce a new deal within the first month of the season if not sooner

I think (hope) once the new players agreement is put in place that he'll sign up, at least he's making the right noises at interviews about being excited about the next 4 or 5 years :shrug:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

There's a bit of chat that the Freo CEO might make the jump over to the Hawks CEO position at some point, hopefully after Fyfe signs.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Sadly it looks like a young guy has died after collapsing during a game in Perth, playing footy in 38C heat is just crazy, its bad enough trying to play cricket in those temps

http://www.theage.com.au/wa-news/young-perth-footballer-dies-after-midgame-collapse-20170305-guqzzf.html

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It sounded like his heart just gave up on him in the extreme heat, even the BOM said don't play footy between 11:30 and 4:30.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Nutsngum posted:

Considering the TAC should be a non profit organisation in the first place its ridiculous they can even be a specific club sponsor.

A big part of their work is getting safe driving messages out to the community

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Christ our jumper looks bad

Odd seeing an AFL jumper with no advertising on the back

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

That first comment

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I think 60% chance of Freo finishing bottom 4 is a bit rough, if we had the same team that we had for all of last year then maybe, but not with Fyfe/Sandi/Johnson/B.Hill/McCarthy and the other new guys in the side.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

NPR Journalizard posted:

It specifically says that it cant account for player changes between seasons.

That's to be expected I guess, I should probably bother reading the text next time.

Sandilands has come out saying he plans on playing next season, fingers crossed

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Testekill posted:

It makes me laugh that people still trot out the finished 7th thing. Besides the fact that we won four finals in a row, we went into the final match against Freo not giving a poo poo because Adelaide laying down like bitches after losing Sloane meant that winning would have made no difference on where we placed.

I'm just glad you guys Pav a win in his last game

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

If this humidity keeps up in Melbourne the round 1 matches are going to be utterly hosed, it's like loving FNQ here

It is fair dinkum disgusting in Melbourne right now

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

Sellars skewering David King and Matthew Lloyd cause they don't know poo poo is the only redeeming thing about Foxfooty.

Shooting fish in a barrel really, the ever expanding David King.

Looks like BHill, McCarthy, Hamling and Kersten are all getting a run on a Sunday

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

carey is such a moron. a player cant go flying like that unless head high contact is involved

The sooner they put Carey out with the bins on a Wednesday night the better

CLOOOOOAAAAAAAKKKKKKKK

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

Between the haircuts of Armitage and Steven it's like the early mid 2000's all over again

Is it all frosted tips?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

At the Hawks/Bombers game, Bombers have "our comeback story" emblazoned around the ground, never change guys

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

They're rocking those nu-mullets

I've seen plenty of kids with this haircuts on the Craigieburn line

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

realbez posted:

Freo still bad, cats still good

If Freo can string more than two kicks together, we look alright, but there was so much slaughtering of the ball in the middle of the quarter.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

There is some wilfully stupid poo poo being said on SEN this morning, Gary Lyon and Mike Sheehan demanding to know what the difference is between Jobe getting stripped of his Brownlow and Cousins not. Hamish had to quietly tell them one was suspended by WADA and the other wasn't.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

SEN is always like that, it's just manufactured controversy to get the bogans listening

What on earth has happened to Freo? They don't look a whole lot better than last year

I don't think any game plan would have survived the awful kicking/handballing of nearly every Freo player last night. Freo looked rusty as hell, and it wasn't helped by playing a Geelong side that setup really well, and heavily exposed Freo with their hard rebounding footy, we were completely outplayed.

Cam McCarthy looked great when he could get his hands in the ball with a little space. Geelong put so much pressure on in the middle that ball movement in the forward line was way too slow allowing the Cats to fill any space unforward, then rebound hard when Freo eventually gave the ball up.

The point was made during the call that Geelong were letting the Freo outside mids get inside and just waited for the opportunity to get it on the outside with their numbers which just cut Freo up.

Also Pav is a good commentator.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

People are criticising Erin Phillips for bringing her bubs onto the field after the game, and by people I mean noted idiot Garry Lyon

*cough* Jordan Lewis 2015 *cough*

And Gary Lyon lecturing people on families, lol

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Cousins got 12 months in the clink, can be paroled in 4.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Apparently the ratings for the Footy Show are sinking like a stone with Hutchy at the helm

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It really does poo poo me when they keep crapping on about how accurate Mayne was for "all those seasons". It was actually two seasons, just two, 2012 and 2013:

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/C/Chris_Mayne.html

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I always thought Rance is only excellent when he's got some freedom, when he's made accountable he quickly looks like a just above average back man.

I always remember Pav enjoyed playing on him

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

NORFED

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

man remember when there were two AFL teams in WA and QLD

yes :smith:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I want to see what membership year is on those scarfs

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I'll be very surprised if Harley plays more games than Morabito at this stage.

At least Ross has swung the axe dropping Dawson/Suban/Pearce/Sutcliffe/Griffen and bringing in young blokes like Hughes/Grey/Balic/Logue. I would be incredibly happy if Pearce/Dawson/Suban had their contracts payed out tomorrow.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I didn't think it would be the Bulldogs being the scoreless team halfway through the first quarter :stare:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

McCarthy looks too heavy, lost a lot of agility

His has no touch with his hands, they've been made of concrete, but he's shown glimpses in the first three games of how good he might be.

Cloke has been given a bath by Hamling all night

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

Also Kersten sucks

He sure does, much rather Apeness or Taberner in the side

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Heave ho bulldogs

:allears: Hill + Fyfe :allears:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

A baby ate my dingo posted:

....funny what happens when you cut a few players *cough* Dawson *cough*

Don't get me started, Dawson/Suban/Pearce, they should never get a game for Freo again. I didn't like Ross saying at the end of the game that he "feels" for the guys who got dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It's more that the ruckman we've tried since having sandi have turned out to be duds, and we recruited griffin to fill that slot when developing one hasn't worked.

The latest one we're trying is Sean Darcy from last years draft, 201cm already 111kg, time will tell if he makes it.

• Locked thread