Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Is there a goon tipping group thing for the women's league?

Is it incorporated into the mens one? I know I am in the mens one, but dunno if I need to do something to lose to goons in not one but two tipping comps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I got the same email. That's what made me ask.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

What's the deal with TV coverage for the womens games?

I know the Carlton/Collingwood game is on Free TV, but will teh other ones be covered?

I am considering heading into the city on the weekend to watch a game, but if it will be too hard to find, then it's not worth it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I am outside of Australia and can't seem to find a way to watch the game free.

So it seems that if you want to watch the Women's games then your only bet is to pay for an AFL Live Pass

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The pub I went to ended up using the AFL website to show the game. But the AFL website being what it is, it shat the bed, and only allowed 10 seconds at a time before freezing up and so after the first quarter they abandoned it.

It looks like I missed both a cracking game AND Collingwood losing.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've managed to get myself to a computer to watch teh Dogs - Freo game, and I am really enjoying the commentary.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

On to the most important part of footy: When the dogs win this game, I'll be 3/3 for my tipping. Yay for me!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Turns out I had tipped wrong, (as in I didn't tip the teams I thought I had tipped.) So instead of getting the 3 I thought I deserved, I ended up getting 1

I is an idiot.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Re: the couple who play for Melbourne and Collingwood respectively.

Wasn't there a thing where the players could nominate which team they wanted to be drafted by? ie If someone wanted to stay in their home state they nominated a club from there.

Surely if you are an engaged couple, wouldn't you both nominate the same team?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

thepokey posted:

Hawthorn win already, this season is awful

counterpoint: Collingwood are at the bottom of the ladder. (In the womens comp.)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Also weren't Gold Coast reluctant to play in China anyways until the AFL made them?

So they'll go "We get to wear our home jersey AND we don't have to play here next year? Sounds good to us."

edit: Another thing. Is Koch so scared/petty/precious that the few curious and baffled Chinese people watching the game might barrack for the opposition due to the colour of the jersey? Something like that is easily fixed. If he was really serious about breaking into China, do a media blitz in the preseason, (now), send a few players over for photo ops etc. Or if you don't want to send them to Shanghai, just take a bunch of pictures in Chinatown in Adelaide and circulate them to whichever station that is broadcasting the game in China. I mean, what's the worse that can happen from allowing GC to wear red? The Port players get a few half hearted boos in a chinese accent?

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 28, 2017

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

drunkill posted:

This makes losing yesterday all the more bitter, could have been in the gf.

If only there was a final system for this season.

How would you structure a finals series for an 8 team comp?

A final 4 with two simple semis? This has the benefits of being simple, but also the downside of half the teams in the comp make the finals

A final 3 with the minor premier making the GF and 2 vs 3 for the right to face them? This has teh benefits of rewarding number 1, and making the finals series elite. But only adds one game and compared to the current system only benefits one team.

Something else?

Personally I'd go with the semis idea. Simple, and easily understood.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

AFL site put up a talk piece about the best player since 2000 (the writers put up Ablett, Mitchell, Judd and Franklin), two of the top 3 comments are questioning why Goodes didn't make the list. Faith in footballing fans.. somewhat redeemed.

Are the three after that "something something flog something something else the little girl didn't know what it meant"?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Just joined Supercoach. Hooray for my team of garbagemen and wastrels!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

Come on pies

Hey, lets not say things we can't take back.

Solemn Sloth posted:

for fucks sake you useless fucks Collingwood. Sack Buckley already you loving idiots

That's more like it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

A few days ago, but I just saw this on the AFL website:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-15/aflw-stars-join-multicultural-ambassadors-program

Dyson Heppell - Australian

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Ahh the first round of the year, where you can tip both Richmond and Melbourne and not feel foolish.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

You're all weak cowardly flogs with no sense of adventure.

I'll tip Melbourne if I want to, coz I live on the cutting edge of adventure and excitement.

Envy my wild and free lifestyle.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

That was really stupid.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I didn't see all of the game, but from what I did see, the Crows defense was really good.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Why doesn't the BOG for the Womens Grand Final have a name?

The Debbie Lee Medal would be a shoe in surely?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

People anticipating Hawthorns demise/slide out of the eight are being a little optimistic I feel.

As you say, yeah we are being tested by Essenodn, but we are able to keep them at bay without yet playing the sexy football that Hawthorn is famous for.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I think Jarryd Roughhead is one of the true "good blokes" in footy.

YAY him kicking a goal in his return match!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hodge confirmed as history's greatest monster

Hawthorn win = gently caress you Hodge.

Hawthorn lose = gently caress you Hodge.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

West Coast have knocked the Tigers off the top of the ladder.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

strap on revenge posted:

no they haven't

Whoops. I maths bad. I thought that because they won by more that it would put them ahead. Forgot to calculate percentage etc.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

still cant get over the afl making a spot for australia in the multicultural ambassadors and then giving it to a white guy with dreadlocks named dyson

Also they put down his 'ethnicity', i.e. the prople he will be representing as a multicultural ambassador, as Australian.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Someone said earlier that it is SEN's job to create controversy/bring up stupid "talking points" to get the sports talkback bogans all riled up. Kids on the field is just the latest example this week. There'll be more.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Gary's got a point, I mean, two sheilas, is that really a family?

It's all right bringing a kid onto the ground so long as there is a real man, (no homo), out there to protect them.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

gay picnic defence posted:

It's a lot harder for them now too, they can't just dig up some random take on DRUUUGSSS to get the mouthbreathers calling in thick and fast

What do you mean? If they want to shout "DRUGS!!!", all they have to do is whisper "West Coast in the 90s", and they a thousand calls demanding that teh Eagles be stripped of all premierships ever because some of them like to party-hearty, followed by a further thousand saying that it's all an over-reaction and boys will be bopys back in the day players liked a drink, It's no different.

... and so it goes.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

gay picnic defence posted:

they're going to go full bcci soon aren't they?

Well they already tried the "wall of steel" around the MCG as a way to discourage terrorists paying customers to come to the games, which is a very BCCI move

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

So close and yet so very very far

I know. If only they had kept kissing for just a little while longer.

edit: Although, on the glass half full side. Whilst he may be a tone deaf alcoholic moron, at least he is trying to fight the good fight.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Vickery doing a Rance and trying to punch the bloke on teh ground in theback of the head.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

racing identity posted:

What is the rationale for playing today's game
at 4.20 instead of 7.30?

Jesus. probably.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

hiddenmovement posted:

What if GC suddenly come good like freo and we all look dumb

They beat Melbourne by 2. I wouldn't say "good"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I think it says a lot about the nature of Richmond that they are unbeaten after 4 rounds, but are still worse odds to win the Premiership than the Swans, who are winless after 4, and likely to be 0-5 after they play GWS next week.

Just as Hawthorn are at nearly twice better odds to win the Premiership as North, who sit on teh same amount of points, (0), but with a better percentage.

These gambling updates brought to you by whichever bookies are sponsoring the AFL. Please gamble responsibly.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Are Coburg affiliated somehow with Fitzroy?

Or was that ages ago? I vaguely remember something about that.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Nah, its all OK, coz Heath is a good bloke who "deeply regrets" his comments and apologizes to "anyone who took offense."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-23/fiery-shaw-apologises-for-offensive-remark-to-papley

Seriously though, whilst this does hit a few of the non-apology notes, it's not the worst of those kind of things that we have seen recently.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

It seems that it's not only in South Australia. A trainer for Brisbane was racially abused at the game on Sat.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/brisbane-lions-trainer-subject-of-alleged-racial-abuse-at-etihad-stadium-20170423-gvqntk.html

This time the bloke wasn't aboriginal, but Asian instead.

So I suppose we can say footy fans don't hate people because they are black, they just hate them if they aren't white, (or straight).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

That was a harsh deliberate

• Locked thread