Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I'm a bit nervous that I'm going to be stuck following two bad teams tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I like when commentators talk about footy

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I pity anyone who has to play footy in February heat on grounds closer to concrete than turf in give

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I fuckin love daisy Pearce but that chemist warehouse ad is up there with the jack watts energy watch ad or whatever it was for cringe factor

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The wind at casey fields living up to its reputation. There's a reason only two or three away teams kicked more than like 40 points last VFL season.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Also I'm still a bit miffed that Brisbane poached both our key forwards as their marquee players

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Can't help but feel that 50 metre penalties should be reduced for the women's game given 80% of the kicks are going 30 or less

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

CARN THE DEES

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Game paused due to lightning.

They are on half time break now, will come out to play the last 3 minutes of Q2, then swap ends and start Q3.

Thanks, was confusing. Another "benefit" of playing with in the middle of a paddock

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Brisbane with the lead and the wind in wet weather. Not particularly hopeful.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'm a bit nervous that I'm going to be stuck following two bad teams tbh

I'm no longer nervous

:negative:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Even Pearce has been poo poo today, tackled a lot but gave away frees, turned it over and got caught with the ball.

And to top it all off I'm in loving Cranbourne

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

One thing about the lower scoring and fewer teams is that percentage is going to play a much larger part in proceedings than in the men's

Also the fact that there's no finals series just a grand final for the top 2

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I tipped wrong because I thought the good teams were bad and the bad teams were good

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

boy undead posted:

Also gently caress golden goal rules. It's worse in gridiron because it comes down to a coin flip to see who receives first, but the lack of right to reply is absurd.

If the receiver scores on the first drive there's a right of reply isn't there?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

boy undead posted:

Apparently not. Pats won the toss, received, went down field for a touchdown and that was that.

What the gently caress I would have bet money on that not being the case. That is dumb as gently caress.

E: oh, actually I think it's that you can't win from a field goal off the first drive. Still dumb as gently caress,

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Total time the ball was in play for the Super Bowl was 16 minutes and 4 seconds. I know that's normal for gridiron, but it doesn't make it any less stupid given how long it takes to play a match.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Income protection was one of the things they were able to convince the AFL to give

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Yeah I really don't see the need for it tbh. Viney was obviously going to be the next captain, why not have him as vice captain for a while because Jones has really grown into the role

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Penny has been an amazing person her whole life, she started prep having to carry a machine around with her because she was still recovering from
keyhole heart surgery.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

those two goals in the last 40 seconds of the second quarter were neato, especially given how hard to come by goals have been so far in the season

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

You get to nominate which state you're being drafted in which for four of the teams means you get to nominate a team, but Victorian players get no say.

ANTI-VICTORIAN BIAS :qq:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gently caress my life

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

You'd think maybe in a comp where scores are under 50 points a game you'd learn pretty loving quick to not give away stupid frees and 50s for shots on goal but apparently not Jesus loving Christ

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I actually am beginning to wish we didn't have a team so I could watch and enjoy women's footy without our shitness sapping my enthusiasm for the men's season

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

:stare:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

That defending...

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Elise o'dea :allears:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

More of that second half please

It's good to know that beating collingwood in the women's feels just as good as beating them in the men's.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Here's the one for the actual end of round 2

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think you mean Trayta Harris

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

New rule may be in place for round 1.

Just the kind of headline you want to see from a billion dollar league one month and change before the start of the season.

The rule in question is replacing the rushed behind penalty of a free kick on the goal line with a ball up 14 metres out(a marker will be painted). This will be trialled in the first two rounds of practice games, before inexplicably returning to a free kick for the final ones.

Speaking of distances, players have GPS technology which is metre accurate. Why the gently caress do umpires not have a button on the side of their whistle which communicates with their GPS tracker, which then beeps when the umpire has moved 50 metres?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

But why should they have to devote any brain space to measuring distance when they're already carrying technology that can do it for them with accuracy?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

There was a second goodbloke on the northern mound

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The new WatchAFL site is really swish. And the ability to watch the foxfooty channel when a games not on :getin:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Am I the only one watching this?

I'm kind of half watching it on the other screen, doesn't compare to the womens league for intensity

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

try just jumping at the ball and you might actually mark it instead of trying to blind turn in the air you nong

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

smart, not many people know draftees as well as her

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

WatchAFL worked fine for me last night, probably five instances of pausing due to buffer the whole match, and my internet usually can't get through a round of titanfall without making GBS threads itself entirely.

Hopefully I continue to be one of the lucky ones I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The afl live app doesn't even full screen streams on a tablet :psyduck:

• Locked thread