Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I mean, the super 12s manage to run an intercontinental league, NZ to South Africa is probably a comparable distance to Melbourne/LA, so the travel is doable. The support base would have killed them immediately though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Name and shame the motherfucker

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spedman posted:

Congrats on the up coming little one! First 6 weeks are rough, but it's uphill from there for your sanity.

As for the rowing lady, it was for the best in the end, her and her husband split after only 3 years of marriage. But miscarriages happen much more than people realise and for a whole host of different reasons, but they're pretty awful for everyone involved. (sorry to be a Debby Downer).

My mother in law had like 6 miscarriages including a stillbirth on the way to 4 children :smith:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

cmndstab posted:

It still feels weird to think about footy. It's hard for me to imagine the Crows having a better year than they did in 2017, or the rest of the competition in general having as poo poo a year again, so I'm struggling to see them picking up the flag next year. I'd like to imagine that maybe our GF loss this year will be the impetus to a dominant reign, but I find it a lot easier to assume it's just a false dawn.

At least I have the AFLW to look forward to!

I look forward to seeing the innovative ways in which both our mens and womens teams can break my heart this year

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spedman posted:

Now I feel even worse about that off hand comment I made before :smith:

But so glad you’ve got a happy little lady now :unsmith: I’ve got a big 18 month old boy who is also the best. He got a Freo onesie for his first birthday, it’s for a 2 year old but he’s already out grown it.

Now here’s a question, I’m originally from Perth and follow the Dockers, is it right to force the Purples on my son who was born in Parkville and never been further west than Werribee Zoo?
(I think so)

purple = red + blue, sign them up for the demons

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spedman posted:

I'd be okay if he chose the Hawks or Dees, but he'll be going to live with a particular uncle of his if he choses the Eagles.

Jeez mate, I was just joking, I wouldn't wish this hell on anyone

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

Whateley's off to SEN.

gently caress this garbage idiot bullshit sport/country

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Fuuuuuck I hate their horse racing obsession. There’s a whole contingent of guys at work that talk about it all the loving time, too. It’s so boring.

If anything it’ll be worse with Whateley there

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Any word yet on which Melbourne player is a scumbag rapist or do I just have to hate the whole team (moreso than usual)?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I always thought at least part of the reason for its popularity is that you can blame poo poo on the horse and know they won’t squeal when the cops come at you for race fixing.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

monolithburger posted:

Toby Greene hasn't tried to injure anyone. (that we know of)

He’s just learnt not to leave any witnesses breathing

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I could do one pointing out all the ways in which existence generally and football specifically is the worst

Chapter 1) 0.5 per cent

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

I'm busy what with work and moving house and that. Could we get some confused American to do the OP again?

I’m finishing painting our new place today in the 40 degree heat :negative:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

“I don’t like the game anymore, I don’t want to work in the AFL system, I don’t want to associate with people. I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is.”

He said, while collecting a paycheque from fox footy to talk about football.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

If we are starting a pool I'm betting it's drug related

This was my first thought because loving look at him but I don’t know that vicpol are going to raid a rich white dudes house for using

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

Some sort of involvement in ice distribution seems to be the most agreed upon rumour but the guy who actually knows stuff doesn't have any info. Bomber had a fairly significant cocaine habit for a while so it wouldn't come as a surprise if he ended up doing a bit more than just using.

Based on his tv appearances I’d say “for a while” is less accurate than “to this day”

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lol kane Cornes said Phil Walsh told him to dive, good to slander people who can’t defend themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Why Tayla why

• Locked thread