Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-04-05/crows-appoint-new-board-directors

quote:

Federal politician Kate Ellis and leading international businessman Jim McDowell have taken up positions on the Adelaide Football Club’s Board of Directors.

During a long international career, McDowell was Chief Executive Officer of BAE Systems Australia and also led the defence and aerospace company’s operations in Saudi Arabia overseeing sales of more than $5billion a year.

quote:

Saudi Arabia

Guess who just put an accessory to war crimes on their board?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Good to see that the umpiring department has responded to complaints about being too strict on holding the ball by wildly overcorrecting to the point where the rule no longer exists

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

The Deadly Hume posted:

How much crossover is there from Centrals fans over to Port in the AFL? Just wondering...

My grandfather who was a life member at Centrals supported Port because the early Port teams drafted more players from Centrals than the Crows did. He loving hated the AFL though.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
What is the rationale for playing today's game
at 4.20 instead of 7.30?

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
josh gibson is no good anymore

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
chad wingard sends his regards

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If you flash a Liberal party membership at the gate they take you to a pizzagate den underneath the long room

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

this record will be fire

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of gross failures of authority, it has always amazed me that Worsfold got away with letting an ice epidemic occur under his watch with his reputation entirely intact

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

The Deadly Hume posted:

With Franky disappearing I think Port might the only stand-alone team left from the old VFA that isn't completely poo poo?

Coburg and Williamstown are stand-alone now

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

BrigadierSensible posted:

Are Coburg affiliated somehow with Fitzroy?

Or was that ages ago? I vaguely remember something about that.

Most recently they were affiliated with Richmond, but they have a standalone reserves team now

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
this umpiring is cooked

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
lmao that's three games in four weeks that they've lost in the last minute

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
also lmao at the Anzac Day games preview

"war and football can never be compared, but we're going to do it anyway....."

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Selwood is going Full Selwood today

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like the more the success a team has, the more I dislike them, and vice versa.

But not Richmond. Despite being poo poo forever, I still hate Richmond.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
You should be able to recruit from state leagues throughout the season to stop this happening.

Or have a mid season trade period

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
lmao at both hawthorn and sydney

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Track looks flat

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
North will lose by <6 again

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

racing identity posted:

North will lose by <6 again

....my narrative :negative:

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Schlesische posted:

Hawks Bad, Saints aren't as bad in Tasmania as West Coast are in Melbourne.

Now I remember, the corresponding fixture in Tas last year was when the hawthorn supporting umpire cheated to give them the win in the last minute

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at eddiebetts getting a deliberate elbow in the face off the ball one metre away from the umpire who promptly ignores it

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think umpires have conspiracies involving teams, but they definitely interpret the rules differently for different players. 'Elite' players get longer to get rid of the ball, and have a lower bar for what constitutes a legal disposal, Martin being a prime example.

Also Nankervis gonna be out for a month for that hit

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Lol at Ladbrokes buying sponsored posts on "local footy rumours"

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I've been doing some number crunching on past match results lately, with the aim of eventually starting a footy stats blog. Came up with this tonight, which I thought yall (and specifically MUYB) would be interested in:

Melbourne are the most likely team to lose a game that they start favourite in, and have lost 48.6% of them since 2010

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The Neil Craig years have taught me to believe that success is impossible. I have spent a large amount of time in the last month thinking about who I would be most okay with beating us in a preliminary final upset at home, which is our destiny.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Also AFL evolution is out today. It looks like EB released it a day early for $100, but if you wait until tomorrow you can get it elsewhere for $80

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Hawthorn's catastrophic change: Adding Rioli, Birchall and Whitecross to an extended bench

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

realbez posted:

He said if it continues there will have to be catastrophic change and he said that after the last game but good job failing at basic comprehension I guess. Would you like a job at the herald sun?

Yes

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Day one review:

Graphics understandably dated compared to FIFA/NBA etc, but still good enough

Gameplay will be fun when I can work out marking contests - they're extremely hard to get the hang of and it's no fun to play when you lose 19/20 marking contests. When I've got the ball it's good, and surprisingly like real football - it's hard to get clean possession in congestion but when you get the ball in the clear it's simple enough to run through the lines with linking handballs.

Haven't been able to score a single point in normal mode, but finally won a game on easy after about 4 goes. Learning how to mark properly will make a difference.

One immersion ruining feature - Levi Casboult kicked 5 straight against me, all massive bombs from 55

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I still believe... If anyone can confect a loss from here, it's North

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
it's happening

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
This game reminds me a lot of the semi final against Sydney last year - Sydney were up five goals to zero after 10 minutes and Adelaide had barely touched the ball, and when they did they got absolutely smashed by Sydney's big midfield bodies. After the first quarter the game opened up and they start to break even, but the damage was already done.

The Crows mids might be fitter and faster and faster than most, but they're physically small, and can get beaten up early by big bodies around stoppages, which Ziebell and Cunnington did today.

Also, I've seen more ridiculous coin-flip ruck infringement free kicks in this game than perhaps any other. Just put the whistle away you morons.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I see Carlton have opted out of wearing a clash jumper, as a select group of clubs are permitted to do.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
"incorrect disposal" has been scrapped

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
We're on track for 6/6 upsets

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Anxiously looking forward to a statement from the AFL stating that the rule changes are a fabulous and unmitigated success

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Here's one for ya: If Hawthorn and Fremantle win, all nine games this round will have been won by the side lower on the ladder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I got five on the back of picking Saints and GC

• Locked thread