Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Yay, Crows/Tigers!

I'd prefer Richmond takes it but would be totally ok with Adelaide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

pkid posted:

hey thread.
I'm going to a grand final.
That's a touch exciting.

Enjoy man, it's a hell of a day.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

snoremac posted:

How can that Sportsbet "Will Bruce call the winner special" advertisement be legal.

Exactly my thoughts.

Also, holy cow Hawthorn was terrible in the first half of the season.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Both Howe and Grundy have every right to be pissed off at that. The Daniher mark is pretty drat vanilla.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

The Deadly Hume posted:

We either have Adelaide fans complaining about the umpiring or Richmond fans burning down the state. This is the dilemma that has kept the umpires sleepless all week.

Correct.

Adelaide need to play more uncontested footy and actually work off the ball.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Crows mostly making GBS threads themselves that quarter.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Gosh. Well played Tiges

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

realbez posted:

I know we like to get angry about everything in here but I thought it was a toss up between rance, Houli and dusty really.

I thought it was a toss up between Houli, Nankervis and Rance with Riewoldt, Prestia and Martin in the next tier.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

The Killers put on a great set. Crowd was super into it too. Riewoldt singing Mr Brightside on stage was fab.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Solemn Sloth posted:

I think the reasonable consensus is that Richmond had the rub of the green but that it doesn't matter given Adelaide didn't bother turning up to play.

I think that's a bit mean to Richmond. They played pretty much to the peak of their ability and broke Adelaide open halfway through the second. It's a pretty common finals story.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

cmndstab posted:

I haven't had the heart to read the last ten pages, but are people complaining about the umpiring?

There were a couple of shocking decisions, but when you go down by that margin, you can't blame umpiring. We just got smashed through the middle of the ground and it stopped us from really being able to do anything at all. We could have been gifted thirty extra frees and it wouldn't have helped.

Hope the boys can back up and have another go next year :smith:

Chin up buddy, you'll be back. Hopefully this is the foundation for the next tilt.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

cmndstab posted:

Cheers mate, hope you're right. I just keep thinking of Port making the GF in 2007 with a young, exciting list and then disappearing off the map for a decade. Obviously 119 and all but still, this was a pretty comprehensive loss in the end. Hopefully the frustration fuels the side and this is the start of something big, rather than a lone chance gone begging.

I think it's a slightly different thing to Port in '07, Adelaide all year was a team who had an excellent plan A but weren't really capable of functioning when a team came with a plan to bust it up. The only team the Crows beat from behind this year was the Hawks in round 2. When we went back with a more disruptive game plan later in the year, Adelaide couldn't adjust. I think it probably comes from the way Adelaide was winning (and losing) most of it's games this year, there weren't too many times when they had to change what they were doing.

This preseason should help that, and hopefully the core team returns for next year.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Apparently Rockliff has chosen Port. So there's another that will willingly go to SA.

Also Darren Jarman (and Matthew Robran). Grrr.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

cmndstab posted:

Good old Gimpey :allears: He'll do alright at Hawthorn. Very much a player who can add some cream to a list rather than form a vital cog but he's alright for effectively a second round pick.

Both clubs seem to have done ok out of it. I don't really know much about him but we need more people in his age bracket so Woo.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Again, Buddy Franklin, 10 million, age 26, pick 19.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Spedman posted:

It’s be okay if the AFL was transparent and said they took that kind of stuff into consideration, but their claim that it’s all based on some secret mathematical formula is just infuriating to all AFL supporters.

Bingo.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

As a kid, my choice of teams were entirely based on the logo. Loved the Hawks and the Eagles, got a hand me down Hawthorn jumper from a family friend, rest is fate.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

drunkill posted:

https://twitter.com/aflwomens/status/926329686614990848

Thats pretty hosed up. Hostile takeover complete.

It's messed up as hell.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Interesting that more people participating in NSW/ACT and QLD than SA. I get the significant population difference but the Auskick programs really must be working well up there.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Periphery posted:

I'm gonna have to pick one of these up next time I pick up a kebab (mix with garlic and chilli sauce). HSPs are stupid.

I'm with you, except no chili sauce and Turkish bread if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

realbez posted:

the fourth year wedding anniversary theme is silk or linen, so my wife got me a hawks cap signed by Burgoyne :3:

That is amazing

• Locked thread