Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Windmill Hut posted:

I still hate that Richmond won the GF
Well, we didn't make the finals so you had to make do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I'd really have to do some double-blind A-B testing to decide which is better, Passiona or Pasito

What the gently caress happened to Tarax? They had the best creaming soda...

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Yeah a nice tang to it.

The sars is pretty solid too.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

It's those perfidious Victorians again!

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Melbourne and regional Victoria also has like 4 times the population of Adelaide going for it. If anything, it's Adelaide clubs that are being subsidised.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

The one good thing about SA is their drinks (and maybe their stobie poles?) so we should concentrate on that.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

On paper it sounds OK but it'll probably get mangled in practice.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

It's understood that Melbourne will continue to train normally up until Christmas.
normal by Melbourne standards or compared with the rest of the league?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

HOW DARE YOU CALL THE BALL OBLONG
http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/21769248/nba-how-australian-rules-football-made-ben-simmons-best-rookie-lebron
(seriously pro-click)

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

By the way that's my early submission for the new season thread title
AFL 2018 - HOW DARE YOU CALL THE BALL OBLONG

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I forgot to have kids

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Largepotato posted:

Nephews & nieces exist for a reason.
I have those (just spent a week with them in fact) but I have not been able to corrupt them into following Hawthorn - not that I've tried that hard because I also believe a team has to come out and grab you as a kid. Doesn't matter if you sign them up to your club for junior memberships at birth, around the age of 9 or 10 they might rebel and follow some other club because their mates do or they like the colours or that realise that following the family's team makes the family miserable.

In fact eldest neph is all about soccer at the moment. I don't think he wore a shirt that wasn't a jersey. And his local option for an AFL team is the Lions, so...

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

My loot was the scarf (#15), a keyring, lanyard of course, stickers and of course the all important fixture fridge magnet. They missed a year once and it was horrible!

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Whateley's off to SEN.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Considering some of the other rivalries Vice Sports has covered (the Belgrade one :stare:) the Blues-Pies one is pretty tame in comparison. I always laugh at the "they don't wear pads?! or helmets?!" thing because neither do we have 150kg linebackers deliberately running into each other at 100m dash pace several times per game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I'm busy what with work and moving house and that. Could we get some confused American to do the OP again?

• Locked thread