Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hawthorn flag 2017 lock it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can't wait for the booing when one of them throws it in short now

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

pkid posted:

Rough officially announced as 2017 Hawks skipper.

2017 is so great.

😊 Fantastic news

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Sorry to be a downer but it seems really weird to me, you'd think after missing a whole year at and looking seriously like he might die that it would be best to ease back into a routine without the added pressure of captain put on him.

Well, you are just being being negative needlessly. He has been at the club consistently the whole year acting in a leadership role. He has clearly wanted it for a while, and everyone obviously thinks he is ready or Hodge just would have kept going for a year. I think it's fine, the only thing he needs to ease into is fitness and skills not leadership. He's old enough to handle it.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

Maybe the Hawks are lacking so poorly in the leadership department that he was the best option? He is replacing Hodge after all, and they did just turf Mitchell and Lewis. Who else is there?

Lol

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That could captain or that is generally leadership material? I'm not going to list leaders because saying we are poor in that department is such a joke, but other potential captains were (ignoring the old guys) Shiels, Smith and Guston (probably too early for Jack).

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
What this is is a huge vote of confidence in a man who is coming back from a difficult year. The club obviously believes in him and he is hugely respected by the players. He has proven himself as a good leader who just loves the club. This is a good news story, and if all you can get out of it is 'lol Hawthorn's leadership stocks must be pretty terrible' then like I'm sad for you.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
:argh:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just fucken love Rough, posting negative things about him is prohibited

Periphery posted:

I agree that Roughead is the best option and it's a good story but I really don't see any of those other players you listed as obvious captain material.

I don't see a single st kilda player as a potential captain because I don't give a gently caress about the saints. The difference is I don't present my ignorance of your leadership group as if it is a good point. Those other three, especially Shiels, are potential captains.

quote:

Stop being mad that some people don't think the Hawks are overflowing with talent in every regard.

Yes this was precisely the point of my posts, come on man.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That's at least closer to the mark

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
But I wasn't mad at you all I did was disagree with you. Strongly

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

thepokey posted:

I disagree with the existence of the Hawks. Strongly.

A terrible but unfortunately common disorder. My condolences.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
There are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticise the Hawks

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

It's a pretty good ad. Lee Lee Chin rules.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That is just so stupid. What's wrong with having it at Princes Park?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lmao

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wasn't it Visy between Optus and Ikon? Nobody plays there but we can still sell the naming rights!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I tipped at random since I know very little about what to expect but footy tipping :feelsgood:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Football tonight :supaburn:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wow I haven't missed staring at better homes and gardens before a Friday night game. I haven't turned Foxtel back on yet, so I've just discovered my tv can't show the HD channels anymore 🙁

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo dr harry is still alive

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

TG-Chrono posted:

Game is a lockout!

Fantastic. To think they wanted to have this at collingwood's training ground

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Anyone else notice that in the first quarter the clock counted up SANFL style, but in the second quarter it counted down AFL style?

Yeah I just noticed that in the last few seconds. Sometimes that happens when the broadcaster loses connection to the official clock, and often gets restored to the countdown mid game.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think the umps are letting it go a bit too much. A lot of holding not being called

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
And ball

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I hope live tweets aren't going to keep happening

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The blues just look so much more professional

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

I was thinking before that maybe fitness will be the biggest determinant of success in the early days of the WAFL. With the draft creating a relatively even spread of skill then fitness probably becomes super important for the first few years until the fitness levels even out as the game becomes more professional.

Fitness was definitely a factor but I think they were a lot better coached as well

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The NFL tie break procedures have always been confusingly bad to me.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Not afl related but I want everyone at Telstra to burn in loving hell

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I thought Wright looked scary good last year

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

gabensraum posted:

Watch AFL trip report
:words:

Well, if it is just the Fox Footy channel with the ability to watch all the shows on demand, I guess foxtel is finally getting disconnected. Thanks for letting us know. Stupid question probably, but you can watch full match replays right?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nice comeback from the Dees

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Deadly Hume posted:

aww gently caress I forgot mine

:same:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
So much for the players not liking cow dude then

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Pretty ballsy to bet on anyone other than Tyrone imo

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Time to let that one go friend

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Rough picked yessss

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

gay picnic defence posted:

Anyone know what the deal is with the Telstra AFL season pass thing I get for free for being a Telstra customer? Does that let me stream games?

Yes, you can stream games all year on your phone or tablet, but not a computer. I think if you have android you can cast it to a TV but it won't look great on a big screen. And the data is unmetered as a Telstra customer.*

*provided you stream it from your mobile connection or your internet is also with Telstra.

realbez fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

gay picnic defence posted:

gently caress, I was hoping to get it on the computer. Who thought making people squint at a little phone screen for 4 quarters of footy would be a good idea?

Foxtel and their TV deal. The unmetered thing is only actually on mobile data I think, not any telstra connection.

• Locked thread