Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

The new WatchAFL site is really swish. And the ability to watch the foxfooty channel when a games not on :getin:

slow motion fast slow motion fast slow motion fast regardless of bitrate at the moment

at least the sound is playing at a constant speed. It was working beautifully half an hour ago, but I guess more people are logged on now and it is under a bit more strain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
'arguably the best under 21 player in the competition' welcome back to footy!!!!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Brown describing Fantasia. He just kicked a pretty good goal though for his second.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

thepokey posted:

Ok so I need a VPN to watch it on a laptop/TV but I don't on my mobile? That makes sense

watchafl.com.au you will need a vpn or dns proxy. AFL live pass you can watch in Aus with no VPN but only on mobile devices.

edit: they are separate websites/services

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Haha an Essendon player just appealed to the umpire for 50m for his teammate missing him when trying to pass it back to him for a free kick, noice

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
How the gently caress was that deliberate? I hope that was just a mistake, umpire :argh:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Am I the only one watching this?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

try just jumping at the ball and you might actually mark it instead of trying to blind turn in the air you nong

only (potential) highlights matter

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Deadly Hume posted:

If you're trying to watch the stream on your iPad, the AFL (and Foxtel) says gently caress you.

Lmao holy poo poo

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

realbez posted:

Not afl related but I want everyone at Telstra to burn in loving hell

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

The railway crossing lights at macauley bridge are broken and I'm stuck on said bridge. Send help.

I'm sympathetic but loving the synergy with your red text

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snaeksikn posted:

Just throwing it out there: what new Broadcast Agreement?

Not new, just starting this year:

The new deal will see Channel Seven, Foxtel and Telstra continue as the League's broadcasters under the new deal, which will run from 2017 to 2022.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-18/afl-on-the-verge-of-signing-new-tv-deal

http://eftm.com.au/2017/02/fans-outraged-at-new-afl-digital-broadcast-rights-no-full-screen-video-on-ipad-36745

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
So pay $80 a month for Foxtel with sports HD, watch at a max screen size of 7" or find some other way to stream the games to enjoy your footy until 2023 at the earliest. :bravo:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

The afl live app doesn't even full screen streams on a tablet :psyduck:

that's what we've been talking about muyb

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Roughy and jaeger looking good so far. Please no injuries

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The deliberate out of bounds decisions tonight and last night have been pretty bewildering

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
No Jaeger no hawks

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The only thing worse than white night is forgetting that white night is on

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Tippett with a disgusting man bun

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nah, Fremantle isn't going to struggle to find $5000

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Of all the first 22 players who weren't selected across the league for the first practice game, both newspapers still somehow to make it a story criticising Jack Watts :psyduck:

Isn't the story that he didn't reach required fitness benchmarks?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I know not getting picked for a preseason game says absolutely nothing about a player but the story I saw on the news was that he wasn't picked because he isn't fit and is struggling to get fit.

Edit: like obviously I can't say if it is true or not but what they reported was he isn't fit enough and might not get fit for round 1.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Windmill Hut posted:

Interesting insight from Bannister.

I like that we still bounce it at the start of the quarter or after a goal, but he makes an interesting point. Get rid of it if it is really keeping good umpires out.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snaeksikn posted:

Despite the AFL's insistence of screwing with the rules every year they still consider the 50m penalty for the protected zone to be acceptable.

Ridiculous.

The commentators in the Hawks cats game last week said they've changed it slightly. Something to do with the impeding player having to have the potential to influence play for it to be 50. So more interpretation for the umpires.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

Cow Dudes back. COW DUDES BACK!

Break a leg, Cow Dude!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I normally have watchafl at the highest setting with no buffering but it's unwatchable at the lowest today

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hm it's working better now (at middle quality), but it was useless in the first quarter

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo duryea just copped a hard knee to the head. Accidental from Cunnington

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Disregard my whinging about watchafl I think I fixed it and it was on my end

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
hm maybe it wasn't on my end then if everyone else is struggling with it all today. It was rubbish for the first 3 quarters and I thought maybe my fiddling with fixed it for the last, but maybe I just got lucky.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

quote:

Gold Coast is playing silly buggers ... and we are the club that is leading the AFL into China. We have bought this game — and paid good money for it. We are the ones who are committed for the next sort of 10 years to play a game in China each year. We had a number of other clubs that wanted to play us this year and there is no shortage of clubs that want to leverage our work in China.

“As I have said to (Gold Coast chairman) Tony Cochrane, if you wear the red-and-gold jumper it will be the last time we will play you in China. It is up to you.

Nice meltdown

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Looking forward to the Shanghai threepeat

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Cunnington got a week for kneeing Duryea in the head. I thought it was accidental when I saw it, but on replay it does sort of look deliberate. Sort of, maybe. Pretty harsh.

https://www.twitter.com/NMFCOfficial/status/836078584468905985

edit: why won't that embed the tweet? :argh:

realbez fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 28, 2017

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah the only way I can see them justifying it is that in the last split second he didn't really look like he was going for the ball. In reality all he is doing is bracing to cop duryea's ugly head in the knee. Any punishment is harsh but they gave him 2 down to 1 which is completely absurd.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Obviously he is bringing Fyfe with him :toot:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
No you aren't allowed to touch it in any way until it has touched the ground

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That's like saying the TAC shouldn't be allowed to advertise

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

pkid posted:

See I'm the opposite. I've given the women's game a cursory glance and had games on in the background but, as a Tigers supporter, I have no skin in the game and couldn't care less about who wins. Because I haven't paid close attention to the game I haven't really bothered to learn about any of the players either.

In saying that, of the games I have seen, I question how long it will be until Richmond gets a team because it doesn't look like there is enough talent about.
I'm worried that the women's game might end up skipping an entire generation of fans because they don't have a team to support.

Yeah, obviously it makes sense not to have 18 AFLW teams, but since Hawthorn don't have a team I pretty much lost interest after the first couple of rounds. I said I would go for Brisbane but in reality idgaf. I'll watch the grand final, but I can't bring myself to care beyond a cursory interest. There is no solution to this problem, I just wish I had a team to support.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

harperdc posted:

So you won't watch the Grand Final if your team's not there?

I get having less investment, but to blank it entirely seems foolish. And that's from somebody who has a tribe in basically every sport.

Nobody said they are blanking it entirely, just that they don't really care about it.

Footy means little to me without the (probably unhealthy) emotional investment I have in Hawthorn. I'm not watching women's games with interest for the same reason I don't watch the WAFL or even most other AFL games most weeks: I don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
loving hell hodge if we lose against the bombers without you :argh:

• Locked thread