Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
And then in Episode 4 Regency-era SuperHans shows up in the form of Tom Holland.

If you want to see Tom Hardy as a romantic lead, he grunts and stares his way through The Virgin Queen as Robert Dudley.

No clue what's going on in Taboo but it could run for another 75 episodes along its current trajectory, and I'd be a happy camper. Also, as Mr Boods points out, it's not a top hat, but more something you'd see atop a very old Welsh granny.

Cool for pointing out all of the ghosties myself am convinced that Tom Hardy is also a ghostie. Either that or he's got a very hard head and twice as much blood as everyone else, the way he keeps getting mortally wounded and bouncing back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

Spoiler Alert

B.C

He going to travel through time?

This gets nuttier by the week.

:v:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Tom Hardy grunt compendium (through episode 5)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5X3gLwvrRI

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Jehde posted:

I am still enjoying this TV programme.

Ditto -- I don't find it intellectual or meaningful; it's nuttier than a fruit bar, and that's fine with me.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

Already renewed.

:stare: [grunt]

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Just Chamber posted:

Loved the series as a whole, for the acting, dialogue, setting, but that ending felt just way too rushed to me.

Also Surely if you're the King of England, in control of the most powerful army/ navy, why wouldn't you either blockade the Thames or just send a single ship with guns to stop Delany's vessel?

:eng101: He's not King, yet; he's still Prince Regent -- but a good question!

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Yay!!!

Taboo 2: Grunty Boogaloo:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39211806

BBC posted:

Fans of Tom Hardy will be overjoyed to hear they have not heard the last grunt from the enigmatic James Delaney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

a mysterious cloak posted:

I think he's dead, because my brain refuses to suspend disbelief that even today, with the best care available, a person probably would be extremely lucky to survive those burns.

Yerr... but with that line of thinking, Delaney should be dead 6 or 7 times over, and he always pops back up like a staring, grunting jack-in-the-box.

• Locked thread