Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Old timey England was a loving disaster, and they still managed to gently caress half the world up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The prince regent is all the funnier if you've seen Blackadder season 3

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah, the third episode was an improvement but I'm still finding it too slow and self-serious overall, with no reason to really care about what happens next. drat pretty though

I'm not sure where the complication lies in the story, it's a fictional tale about how the US and England (Canada) are fighting over the rights to the closest anchorage to China. Vancouver Island.

The whole thing with Tom hardy and his mum & dad is some old world Shamenism.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You're comparing apple and oranges, wardrobe notwithstanding.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bust Rodd posted:

If I had one complaint about the show, it's a thin one, and it's WInter. I guess I don't have a great sense of Victorian London's Geography, but I feel like based on how she is up James' rear end 24/7, the brothel//offices are very close to the docks & riverbank that his house is on? She just keeps popping into scenes, or like sleeping in his flooded basement (?) and I'm always like "Why are you here? What are you adding to this scene or story?". Like I can understand maybe James let's her come and go because she, like him, is mixed race, and will always be an 'N' word to everyone else like he is, but she really seems to just materialize for contrived plot reasons that amount to nothing...

From what i know of London back then, Blackwall is where East India's docks were, right across from the O2 center. it's all paved over now. The roads are all still there, and some are named after spices
Pretty sure there is a tube station called East India

West india docks were Millwall/ Isle of Dogs.

Port of London was down near Tower bridge and so was the East India House.

Delaney could have been anywhere in between, back in the day there were ships lined up for 20 miles down that river.

It's not a big area when you think about it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even more cool stuff.

East India was basically a rogue government outside of the UK, controlled India for drat near a hundred years. I think they had 70,000 soldiers at one stage. Crazy poo poo

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I found this, it's 75 years later, but the river is very detailed, helps explain what it was like. East India Dock would be like m/n 19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Spoiler Alert

B.C

• Locked thread