Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like this show, a lot. But it's impossible to watch week by week.

Also, they couldn't throw in some good looking nature/city establish shots? Even History Channel's Vikings has some good looking visual.

I really like how everything is so dim, dirty and stinky. I wish their teeth are more crooky. The city streets are also missing horse manure. That's why I don't like the actress character. She is way too clean and neat. She belongs to a lovely Showtime fairy tale show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bane's super hero power is basically remotely raping his sister. Step sister

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Biaga posted:

With regards to winter, I feel like the first episode hints at her fate.
When we first meet Helga, and indirectly Winter, we are lead to believe that Helga knows about James's darker side (something about how if she sends him a girl she will never see him again, which he confirms). I expect that Helga might be more stupid than we are lead to believe, and is using winter to help her selfish motives with James. I do assume either James's son might play a role in the salvation of the father from some sort of crisis (redemption of the father by the son - the very redemption that James failed to provide for his father when he was still alive but is obviously seeking to compensate for now), but I fully expect James to eat Winter at some point when he refuses to take her to america. I assume it will either involve her providing information to the Americans in exchange for inevitable passage, either way, I expect winter will end up being consumed by James's demons, both metaphorically and literally.

Tom Hardy doesn't strike me the kind of artist who care about redemption arc.

Secondly, letting the supernatural element running over the historic element would ruin the show for me.

Do we know who is the mother of James' son?

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 7, 2017

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I have been following What the flick!'s episode reviews. I kind of agree with Ben's comment in the E5 review, "is this a good show?" There are many reasons to argue it's an uneven show. The protagonist is too resourceful, his magic is too powerful. That doesn't make good drama.

I personally have never liked that actress character. They cast an actress who is too young and too modern for the character she portrait. And a few episodes in, she turns from a character into a narration device.

• Locked thread