Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Taboo premiered 1/10/17 on FX but after catching the premier later I decided it warranted it's own thread.

Tuesdays, 10pm EST on FX

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9QvSry2-CM

From FX's website:
"Set in 1814, Taboo follows James Keziah Delaney, a man who has been to the ends of the earth and comes back irrevocably changed. Believed to be long dead, he returns home to London from Africa to inherit what is left of his father's shipping empire and rebuild a life for himself. But his father's legacy is a poisoned chalice, and with enemies lurking in every dark corner, James must navigate increasingly complex territories to avoid his own death sentence. Encircled by conspiracy, murder and betrayal, a dark family mystery unfolds in a combustible tale of love and treachery.

Taboo is created by Steven Knight with Tom Hardy and Chips Hardy, who is also the show’s consulting producer. Executive producers are Ridley Scott and Kate Crowe for Scott Free, Tom Hardy and Dean Baker for Hardy Son & Baker, and Steven Knight, with Timothy Bricknell producing. Taboo is directed by Kristoffer Nyholm (Eps. 1-4) and Anders Engström (Eps. 5-8), and reunites Hardy and Knight for their third collaboration following Locke and Peaky Blinders."

While some criticism for the premier argues that the show drags, I felt quite the opposite. The setting of 1814 London really has an opportunity to establish itself as a backdrop for the story. The costuming appears to be right on point for the period to the best of my knowledge as well. Throw in some top notch performers (Tom Hardy, Jonathan Pryce) and I think FX may have another gem on their hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Biaga posted:

Came here to talk about Ghosts.

Took me 2 viewings to see the one in episode 1, but the one in the second episode was pretty obvious. Curious to see if anyone has spot something else interesting throughout the episodes.

Perhaps I'm missing something because I'm not sure what you're referencing. The only ghost-like thing I spotted was the large black man during his apparent hallucination.

lifts cats over head fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 18, 2017

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

AFewBricksShy posted:

Can someone screen cap this? I didn't catch it.

Far left

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I don't think there's a ghost in each episode. While it would be fun to spot them in each episode they'd quickly become a gimmick which I think would diminish the show.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I'm a really big fan of when pompous assholes get their comeuppances in TV/Film so I'm looking forward to the duel.

• Locked thread