Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

TinTower posted:

It doesn't matter. As soon as Assange steps outside of the embassy, he'll be arrested by the Metropolitan Police and put on the next flight to Stockholm.

I would not be surprised if they're doubling the patrol now.

I thought they stopped doing that as it was costing millions of quid for some guys to stand around doing nothing? But yeah I don't really understand the Assange stuff with this, the US haven't even asked for him officially have they? I'm pretty well informed on all this.

I'd be interested in Obama explaining his feelings/thoughts on this at some point in the future (but maybe before Trumpocalypse) as it seems a more sort of humanitarian reprieve than an acknowledgement that what Manning did was justified at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

TinTower posted:

Assange is a clinical narcissist.

Even so, there's an arrest warrant out for Assange and the Met are obliged to execute it and follow on actionable intelligence.

Sure, but once they do nab him on the way to wherever all they will do is ship him off to Sweden.

I guess the first part of your post details why he is piping up. Although I suppose maybe he is thinking a glorious and heroic battle against the mighty yet unjust and evil USA under trump in a courtroom where he can riff on whatever he wants is preferable to a mundane and popularly unpalatable defence against a scandinavian rape.

• Locked thread