Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sinteres posted:

Good. After this election I don't get why liberals still think Manning is a hero for helping Assange build his empire.

I think releasing the documents through Wikileaks rather than another organisation that wouldn't just have blanket released everything would have been smart. But that doesn't change that plenty of the stuff she leaked needed to be leaked. That morally it was the right thing to do, even if she took the wrong avenue to do it. Also, Wikileaks was a pretty well known thing before the Manning releases so lets not do revisionism.

Unrelated to that, this amused me.

https://twitter.com/PrestoVivace/status/821480756123930624

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, I've been wondering, if Assange actually follows through with that, is there some way/chance for the US to basically just turn him around on the airport and extradite his rear end to Sweden?

The minute he leaves the embassy the Metropolitan Police will pick him up. There's a European Arrest Warrant out on him. It'd be Britain extraditing him to Sweden. His claimed terror was always of Sweden sending him on to the US, which was a nonsense excuse. Sweden's extradition treaty with the US prohibits extradition for"a political offense" or "an offense connected with a political offense."

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jan 18, 2017

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Snowden is a literal spy/defector.

Spying on your poo poo hole country is a moral act homie.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Wow, you're the edgiest edgelord ever. Edgier than, like, a million Hot Topic T-shirts.

Lets be fair, not even the edgiest edgelord in this thread. There's real fanatical natsec dorks.

• Locked thread