Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Wouldnt (pronoun) be a felon with a dishonorable discharge still, as (pronoun) was not pardoned? So you could still expect life to suck with or without trump.

I think she'll be in a different position than most dishonorably discharged veterans as she has a lot of friends on the outside. I can see her getting a job at some non-profit related to raising awareness of the issues she has suffered (mental health in prison, trans, or whistleblowing.) Life's not going to be easy for her but she has a chance this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

bag em and tag em posted:

On one hand It's good but on the other she's being released into the wilds of Trump's America as a widely hated trans-person while her civil liberties are in extreme danger of being stripped away in an egregious fashion. I don't imagine her life going in a great direction.

I don't imagine she's going to move to Texas. If she lives in Seattle or Brooklyn or somewhere like that she's not going to get spat at in the street. However she's no doubt going to be hounded cruelly by the Paparazzi.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

evilweasel posted:

I doubt Trump is going to be trans-friendly, but one of the few minorities he doesn't seem to actively hate are gay people and I sort of assume he's just going to lump trans people into that mental category in his head too.

He said something supportive of Caitlyn Jenner (a pal of his) once.

However, if he feels it will annoy Obama, he's quite capable of hounding an individual transperson to her grave.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

JeffersonClay posted:

As we've seen in Syria, the alternatives for world (or regional) policeman have even less aversion to civilian casualties.

Trump doesn't sincerely want to bomb less people. He wants to justify why he's not doing anything when the Russian tanks sweep into Ukraine. He'll bomb just as much as he likes for whatever his *own* war turns out to be.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

seiferguy posted:

Considering her mental state, it's probably going to take a lot of time and treatment before she's willing to be out in the public eye. I'm sure she could easily be a writer if she chose to do so, but that'll be her choice.

She's already written for the Guardian from prison, so I see no reason why she won't when released.

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/chelsea-e-manning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

bag em and tag em posted:

Trump has openly and proudly declared that he is 100% committed to bombing way more people so I don't even know what the argument is from that perspective.

In this post-truth world, the truth is exactly what the speaker needs to believe at this precise moment.

I've heard it from a lot of Trump supporters that they voted Trump because they had been told Clinton planned to lead the USA into war against Russia.

• Locked thread